Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: COMING SOON: Membership Revamp

Default COMING SOON: Membership Revamp

Will the coming rewards only be for new members or will existing ones be able to share in the glory?

I'm interested in what the details will be. There wasn't a purchasable life time sub like there was on TSW. However, there are numerous people in my guild with lifetime subs. I am hoping these don't disappear.

Are they going to open khitai to f2p also? More raids than just t1?
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

a cinematic teaser came to my mind when I read the topic title
    ...funcom knows how to build tension ^^
    The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the soul's tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore must the soul deceive, despise and murder men.
    ---
    Zarathustra - Dark Templar
    Utawarerumono - Bear Shaman
    Caim - Herald of Xotli
    Silmeria - Assassin
    Nekoruru - Conqueror
    Manah - Priest of Mitra
    Samanosuke - Guardian
    Isztaria - Demonologist
    Lenethia - Ranger

It is safe to assume the loyalty rewards will be just like with TSW and AO. So look here for an idea of what you will get:
    http://www.thesecretworld.com/membership
    http://www.thesecretworld.com/membership/faq

They will completely ignore time subbed in the past (you already got things like Veteran Points for that time), and only go moving forward. So say the new system starts June 1st, 2016. If you have a sub that expires June 5th, 2017, you get all rewards immediately up to the 360 day rewards

So long as they don't take away the Veteran Tokens and Veteran Trader. That would be a bad thing, not something new and great. We veterans have loyally subscribed for 8 years to earn those old, but great vet rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladesaint View Post
    So long as they don't take away the Veteran Tokens and Veteran Trader. That would be a bad thing, not something new and great. We veterans have loyally subscribed for 8 years to earn those old, but great vet rewards.
    Yeah, assuming they do the same as in TSW (which is likely), the old Veteran Tokens you have and the Veteran Trader will remain, you will just stop getting new Veteran Tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    Yeah, assuming they do the same as in TSW (which is likely), the old Veteran Tokens you have and the Veteran Trader will remain, you will just stop getting new Veteran Tokens.
    That works, if any new character I create gets the same amount of old vet tokens, forever.

I guess we still have no news on that because someone would
    1) need to write the announcement
    2) then it would have to be translated into German and French , and from previous developer letters we all know that translating can take ages because its so insanely complicated
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Quote Originally Posted by ckirmser View Post
    Will the coming rewards only be for new members or will existing ones be able to share in the glory?
    Looking at the past and their line of argumentation in the past, don't get hyped. So far they always had a twist in their hypes (look at the free AA by levelling up discussion and how players had to fight for a minimum of common decency and sense). It could very well be that something sold as positive and revamp will actually be a nerf for a lot of people.

Games drastically losing people. US time is really dead. Euro time is nothing but recruitment spam, so I imagine they are losing people also.

Funcom needs to get going with a concrete strategy and really needs to plan a future. Right now, there is zero direction and little to almost no official communication.

This membership revamp will most likely be the last straw for many people if they mess it up. Its impossible to keep people stay unless there is a future for progression raids.

Too many promises, just as many fiascoes, bugs that never get fixed, and content thats still rushed/broken. I don't understand how a company stays in business with a goal to do the bare minimum.

wake up or shut down imo
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast