Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was considering rejoinging until i noticed gold spammers were constant

Exclamation Was considering rejoinging until i noticed gold spammers were constant

I was seriously considering resubbing to AOC until I couldn't find a way in game to /report gold spammers. Seriously, this is 2016 and the game has been out since 2008. That is 8 years to work out a way to limit gold spam in chat. This to me is a little ridiculous.

I truly am enjoying the more realistic combat animations that are quite low fantasy. However I will not be paying for in game advertisements for 3rd party websites.

If that is your only reason, then you don't really want to resub. :P Global is fine, you only have to forget about NPH channel.
    Tainted Souls on Crom - Johara's Featplanner

Hushi (HoX) - Igne natura renovatur integra

Quote Originally Posted by pekka View Post
    If that is your only reason, then you don't really want to resub. :P Global is fine, you only have to forget about NPH channel.
    The first part of your reply was unnecessary and factually incorrect. A tongue in cheek icon doesn't change either point. However back on point... Gold spammers are in Global and NPH, and is there an official way to report gold spammers? It has been 8 Years, it is about time for the company to solve this. 8 years is enough time to put in some automatic filtering.

Quote Originally Posted by smalltalk2k View Post
    The first part of your reply was unnecessary and factually incorrect. A tongue in cheek icon doesn't change either point. However back on point... Gold spammers are in Global and NPH, and is there an official way to report gold spammers? It has been 8 Years, it is about time for the company to solve this. 8 years is enough time to put in some automatic filtering.
    /petition is your friend. Failing that, so is ignore
    Khemi. Picture Hell on the cheap then add more whores

Quote Originally Posted by Lleilwin View Post
    Many thanks! I will try /petition. I didnt see that command originally, I tried /report and /appeal

Again, many thanks.

Exactly this^^^. I only see one or two "ads" each night, and it does not affect my game play in the least. Some people obsess over such things, and others just ignore it, go and play the game, and have fun. Count me among the latter. The small amount of activity is trivial in AoC. You should have seen ArcheAge at launch--when the "ads" were purposely so long and so frequent you could not scroll back fast enough to ignore them--that is what you call "spamming." What occurs in AoC, not so much.

Thumbs up

Thank all for the replies. I will be renewing my subscription in the next week when I have time to play more and mot work so much overtime at work.

Ignoring is futile, because it is charbound (both ignorer and ignoree), so they will just hijack or create new chars (btw, most gold spam happens from premium (!) accounts). You will just end up with a full window of dots under ignore.
    Petitioning might help, but the main problem seems to be funcoms id validation and payment policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Ignoring is futile, because it is charbound (both ignorer and ignoree), so they will just hijack or create new chars (btw, most gold spam happens from premium (!) accounts). You will just end up with a full window of dots under ignore.
    Petitioning might help, but the main problem seems to be funcoms id validation and payment policy.
    Ignore might not always work either. When you create a character it gets this unique ID number. Lets say you create goldseller. It will be awarded ID 123. When you delete "goldseller" and re-create it it will have a new ID, 124. When you ignore "Goldseller" it will ignore id 123 instead of 124 making the ignore useless.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

You can make custom chat channels and filter out any channel you need to. No reason to see global/nph when you don't need to.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast