Thread: Legendary pet fights

Default Portent/raid-token pet fights

Hi,

I am seeking some information about the fight encounters with the various pets that can be purchased with portent or raid tokens before I expend tokens on the pets. I do like that Funcom has made some fights more than stand in one place & dps your pets to death. I did chuckle when my surly Vanir Captive head-butted both of us into a stun - that was not expected.

However, I know I'll be having to fight these pets many times before I reach rank 4 and would like to avoid buying pets which have really tedious/difficult fights due the mechanics.

So am seeking some basic information like:
    pet x is really difficult due to the "a" that he does frequently....
    or
    pet y is straight-forward if you side-step/CC his main combo/spell....

and yes...I know one persons difficult is another person's easy ... so please be civil towards each other when you post. If Anzu has to take to this thread, then I will ask that this thread is locked (or deleted) and try to work it out myself by asking in global or via observation of other people's fights.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
    Last edited by Ladihawke; 22nd April 2016 at 10:13.

All three dragon pets are relatively straightforward in the sense that you have to avoid more or less obvious AoE and frontal cone attacks. Of the three, I found the Black Dragon to be the easiest to fight and its AoE attacks to be the least annoying.

The Undead Barachan Pirate seemed like a simple tank and spank fight, but he hits relatively hard. In any case, you need to be rank 4 in the faction to buy it, so it doesn't help you much while grinding towards rank 4.

The Risen Guardians pet (that you buy with T3 raid relics) is also legendary (even though the item from which you learn it is purple). I don't remember this fight well but IIRC the mechanics of the fight pretty much force you to kill the 3 mobs one by one while all 3 are hitting you. I found it a relatively inconvenient fight (but then I've only done it once so maybe it would get easier with more practice) and would recommend the Black Dragon instead.

(Note, I was only fighting these pets with a guardian, so maybe things look different from the perspective of some other class that is squishier but has higher DPS.)

Quote Originally Posted by cynara View Post
    All three dragon pets are relatively straightforward in the sense that you have to avoid more or less obvious AoE and frontal cone attacks. Of the three, I found the Black Dragon to be the easiest to fight and its AoE attacks to be the least annoying.

The Undead Barachan Pirate seemed like a simple tank and spank fight, but he hits relatively hard. In any case, you need to be rank 4 in the faction to buy it, so it doesn't help you much while grinding towards rank 4.

The Risen Guardians pet (that you buy with T3 raid relics) is also legendary (even though the item from which you learn it is purple). I don't remember this fight well but IIRC the mechanics of the fight pretty much force you to kill the 3 mobs one by one while all 3 are hitting you. I found it a relatively inconvenient fight (but then I've only done it once so maybe it would get easier with more practice) and would recommend the Black Dragon instead.

(Note, I was only fighting these pets with a guardian, so maybe things look different from the perspective of some other class that is squishier but has higher DPS.)
    Off topic, but are you not updating your blog anymore?
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids