Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Radiant Ghostfire's Renewal heals Radiant Ghostfire for 595 every second

Angry Radiant Ghostfire's Renewal heals Radiant Ghostfire for 595 every second

[19:10:50] Radiant Ghostfire's Renewal heals Radiant Ghostfire for 595.
    [19:10:50] Your Health Potion Effect 10 heals you for 68.
    [19:10:51] You gain Mocking Sneer
    [19:10:51] Radiant Ghostfire hits you for 212 crushing damage.
    [19:10:51] Radiant Ghostfire dodged your combat move.
    [19:10:51] Radiant Ghostfire's Renewal heals Radiant Ghostfire for 595.
    [19:10:51] Your Health Potion Effect 10 heals you for 68.
    [19:10:52] Radiant Ghostfire's Renewal heals Radiant Ghostfire for 595.

and so on.. this is like fighting something with endless HP. you either run out of time or need insane dps to outdo the heals and make dent in its huge hp (and it stuns you as well). Worthless OOC healing pet becomes OP in arena for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by Dimchik View Post
    [19:10:50] Radiant Ghostfire's Renewal heals Radiant Ghostfire for 595.
    [19:10:50] Your Health Potion Effect 10 heals you for 68.
    [19:10:51] You gain Mocking Sneer
    [19:10:51] Radiant Ghostfire hits you for 212 crushing damage.
    [19:10:51] Radiant Ghostfire dodged your combat move.
    [19:10:51] Radiant Ghostfire's Renewal heals Radiant Ghostfire for 595.
    [19:10:51] Your Health Potion Effect 10 heals you for 68.
    [19:10:52] Radiant Ghostfire's Renewal heals Radiant Ghostfire for 595.

and so on.. this is like fighting something with endless HP. you either run out of time or need insane dps to outdo the heals and make dent in its huge hp (and it stuns you as well). Worthless OOC healing pet becomes OP in arena for some reason
    don't let it heal
    Hungry Bear.
    Chamacappa - Happyshamie - Sekmheth - Oyako - Nexoxcho - and an other dozen of cripples !

make special build against it, use controls in right time and increase your damage

Quote Originally Posted by lmagowz View Post
    make special build against it, use controls in right time and increase your damage
    ...or just ignore that pet and summon another. This is a fine example of bad design, self-healing uninteruptable bosses should NEVER be part of the arena. You can argue about them in a private arena (because there you can actually do what you suggested without annoying yourself and other players). In this arena some abilities are just too powerfull (like the hippo too), because you have a queue, classes, dps and ccs are not balanced, latency issues and there is an actual timelimit to the fights, so such heals just prolong content and induce a fail state when it is better for the player to suicide than keep trying. Doesn't sound like fun or a big achievement. It is also a fine example of how unbalanced pure scripted boss behaviour is. And here there is no excuse, because as in solo instances, you know who will be fighting the boss and could adjust fight parameter to make it challenging for this player.

Such design is good for benchmarking, testing or a onetime challenge, but not for repeatable content, imo. Why is it so hard to orient npc powers to pc powers and then boost or nerf them accordingly? Why has every boss have a instafail mechanic? Do you really think it makes fights more challenging or fun?
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 22nd April 2016 at 18:17.

Why is it un-interrupt-able ?And why do people get stunned from a small ground aoe or better sw in it ,,,for sure its bad design

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    Why is it un-interrupt-able ?And why do people get stunned from a small ground aoe or better sw in it ,,,for sure its bad design
    Don't twist the meaning. I did not mean unavoidable. I meant uninterruptable for the majority of classes once it starts and then it heals it fully. Similar with the hippo. I got nothing against a small heal, reasonable reactive damage (NOT the wb shield where 1 damage done to them reflects in 500 to the player) or lifeleech abilities, these add flavor. But there is no reason to make certain things so powerfull. One example for an example of better boss healing is the werewolf, but even there once you have slight latency or not enough particles enabled, the whole fight becomes unfair, annoying and a pain in the a* to play AND watch.
    That is the whole point why such mechanics with such power have no place in this type of arena and should be fixed or nerfed, even IF they would be fun or add more challenge.

If it would be a private instance, players with less powerfull rigs could actually adjust their build, settings and play with particles or tactics without prolonging the pain for others. Just do the math, a heavily scripted fight with heals can easily take up several minutes, minutes where the others can do NOTHING, not even properly comment or give advice. This is tolerable for a while, but adds up in a negative sense.

Oh, and before we start discussing this more...how about you or Cappa tell the OP how to not let it heal or interrupt the heal, so it does not heal up fully each time?
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 22nd April 2016 at 18:35.

One more reason to not play healers is to avoid getting this pet

Quote Originally Posted by lmagowz View Post
    Is there a more detailed explanation than this needed?Won't i be called an asshat for explaining obvious stuff this time around ?If OP was interested in asking for advice/help/call it what you will he would provide more details ,his class and ask for help,not a healing combat log. And usually when i die to something i check what i did wrong 1st instead of going "omg unbalanced".I read too many ifs and nothing else.Let's take it one step further,it's an epic pet,the arena rewards t6 stats budget accessories ,if you want to kill it on your t1/2 geared toon better know what you are doing before you whine.If the gear check is fine check what you did wrong,then start a balance/bad design discussion.

There are flaws in the whole system and already many posts and solutions about them in TL ,radiant ghostfire is not the core issue.Waiting times and not account wide pets are.And i enjoy watching people fighting the ghostfire.
    Last edited by -Shink-; 22nd April 2016 at 19:02.

Steroidmolch sells specs that guarantee 1,500 dps, just ask him!

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Steroidmolch sells specs that guarantee 1,500 dps, just ask him!
    He wouldn't believe i am a girl

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast