Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Waiting 30-40 min really ?

Thursday evening (Europe), most instances bugged, 2 or 3 worked. I was in an instance and more PvP duells were running as PvE. At some point a HoX enters the instance and starts to duell with the other players. He beats 'em all up one by one. After a hour no more PvP duells were going, i look around only the HoX was left, then he leaved too.
    Last edited by Bill13; 16th April 2016 at 13:55.
    Es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen, aber schon sehr viele vom Barhocker.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    Doesn't this highlight what demographic of player is actually playing this game? I believe this finally gives us a good snapshot of what many people have been arguing; that the PvE players FAR outnumber the PvP players ~ and are, in-fact, what keeps AoC alive at this point.

Let's throw in that towel and focus on the PvE content that pays for this game. Shut the lights off on PvP and get that crafting revamp hammered out. MMOs are 50% about hanging with friends. The other 50% is about GEAR ~ give the players that ability to create and modify the gear as you (FUNCOM) demonstrated is possible.
    No need to divide people. Most players play bot pvp and pve and when you neglect one side, it tends to become a self-fullfilling prophecy that the other side gets stronger and defines population.
    PvP is a whole different design approach, just give players a customizeable sandbox with a ruleset, freedom and if you can not balance, at least put in some self-regulating mechanism taking care of inbalances. Manpower needed here is mainly enforcement and surveillance to keep things fair.
    PvE on the other hand needs more creativity in maintenance and either random elements or constant expansion. Learning and power curves are both different as well.
    This is the reason most players do not only do one, because normally you seek some variety and when you get bored of one thing you do the other. Same reason why diverse and player customizeable content is so successfull in games longevity.
    Players doing PvE can get equally insulting during raids or when their content is blocked.
    Solution is easy: Different queues and arenas, does not matter designwise if these are in one big or smaller areas as long as this step is included. Waiting times for all this content are not necessary at all and should be in the hands of the players, not some script (that as proven can be easily bugged and exploited). I liked the idea of alternative social arenas (multiplayer, queue, transparent) and instanced solo for grinding. There will be interest for both as explained here already too.

Something should be done about crafting, because it does not only affects pve and can be content for everyone (not necessarily doing it, but profiting from the existance). Gear modifications (either through crafting, scrounging or enchanting) are a good idea and compromise as well. But this would require those working on AoC showing some knowledge and respect of what other devs and artists did before. So i am not hopefull here
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 16th April 2016 at 12:25.

I am against dividing the queues myself. One of the things that AoC lacks is a sense of community. We are divided so much as it is already. The lack of community stems from such things as server merges, different playstyles, and F2P/Subscription. He we have something that brings us together. I think it is a step in the right direction

Quote Originally Posted by Roddam View Post
    I am against dividing the queues myself. One of the things that AoC lacks is a sense of community. We are divided so much as it is already. The lack of community stems from such things as server merges, different playstyles, and F2P/Subscription. He we have something that brings us together. I think it is a step in the right direction
    Let me put it different then.
    There need to be a drastically reduced waiting time, top priority. If they manage this by moving some players who only want to grind without communication (you can not learn much by waiting and watching there anyway), fine. PvP fights and PvE fights vary a lot in time, even in pve it matters, if it is just tank and spank or timed scripts (compare the folk dancer fights). This is why a division will reduce the waiting time already (also no need to prolong pvp fights to annoy the pve crowd and vice versa). They can also add more arenas into one instance. Or they add content for those only wanting to watch (right now you can not even target things in the arena to see). Of course a sense of community would be fine, but it needs to be voluntarily not forced. So i think the alternative suggestion is best, where you have a main instance that is shared and several bound ones for pve and pvp...the main can even be hublike.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 16th April 2016 at 14:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddam View Post
    Actually I can stand around in every Hub City and do nothing while having players around me that do exactly the same. That's still not interaction between players.
    For the arena it's like this: Do you go to public toilets just to talk to people? Probably not... mostly everyone goes there just to get one thing done. Same goes for this arena PvE wise. People stay in a row to get one thing done, their fight against a pet to rank up their faction.
    If I want group PvE I do dungeons and raids and not a solo arena where I just wait with other people and fight alone.

I want fight... I never saw so long waiting time in any game. I can wait 1-2 min til pvp fight, but not 20min. I don't want watch how others fights... I have no time for this and it's not interesting. I love pvp arena and this idea, I say thank you Funcom for that, but if they fix timing it could be the best thing
    Rage Lietuvaite pvp6 ranger
    Fury Elijona pvp9 ToS
    Lietus pvp2 BS

the main instance should be for everyone fury and crom server, and then when we fight in pit every players go to their own pit.. would be more better, faster. And we can get less xp.. it's no problem or just increase faction lvl
    Rage Lietuvaite pvp6 ranger
    Fury Elijona pvp9 ToS
    Lietus pvp2 BS

So I finally hit rank 2 now (because I sacrificed a whole evening just for this to see how the main arena is) and must fight in the main arena and I have to say... wow.
    The real enemy in this arena are not the pets, pfff they are all a cakewalk rather than a real fight (my character has crap gear and beats them all far to quickly , actually there are only a few things you have to avoid, most of the time it's face tanking), the real enemy is this waiting... you need to stay alive due to so much boredom.
    Did actually no one on Testlive pointed that out that waiting for so long is an issue? I waited around 30 Minutes for just 1 pet fight that gives me 14000 renown (first time kill) and it will remain at this one kill since I am not going to sacrifice more time for standing in the arena and doing nothing but waiting.

I know there is the time factor when it comes to MMO games but this... this is just ridiculous. If I had premium and ranked up the faction to rank 4 I would want a refund because 90% of the time I would be waiting and not playing.
    Last edited by xCodename; 16th April 2016 at 21:05.

Need to adjust timers for low dps class or just make the timer 4-5 min. Guards get the short end of the stick. There have been many fights i just ran out of time. I was prob 20 sec short. Frustrating to watch high dps classes just faceroll things and my almost full T6 guard doesnt have the DPS. wtf ?
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

It's actually worse than Bori in a way, because you stand around doing nothing for 15 minutes then fight for 30 seconds, at least in Bori you can PVR the whole time you're there .

@Tman, Meh, this guard seems to have the DPS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNWlgyZMYrc. We don't need to be waiting longer anyway.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast