Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Waiting 30-40 min really ?

My only concern about the arena is about the PvP side: there should be separated instances for PvP and PvE.
    Watching PvE fights is boring as hell.
    If that is something tolerable for PvE, also because extends the time needed to get rank IV - it's really not tolerable by PvP players: we wanna fight!

Necklace is some sort of secondary objective for PvP players. For PvE is exactly the opposite (gear is goal number 1) and that's perfectably understandable.

My second concern for Funcom is about the lack of PvP rankings.

My very last concern is for the PvP playerbase: where the hell are you?! When I get time to play (mostly late evening) I always see the same few names willing to challenge.
    Are you seriously all scared to fight good players and die?!
    Very honestly that should be the MAIN PvP goal, since that's the only way to learn some skill and become a good PvP player.

I'm honestly a bad dueler, especially on my sin, but I'm having a blast trying to figure out tactics and stuff vs every class.
    I see top players dieing aswell, but hey that's PvP you either win or die, and no player who is not a dement or 3y old would make any joke about someone dieing.
    So please get out balls and come to arena, the number of PvP players currently is pathetic...

Finally one note to forum community: what the hell you talking about in this thread?!? Rocket science?!? Of course PvE necklaces are OP. Funcom needs to get money, aka sell something from Store.
    So they created Hood of the Gladiator thingie and created a crazy gear incentive to motivate players to buy it.
    Same story as Vanheim or - similar - World Boss.

Is this a good design choice?!
    Yeeeees
    Cause it makes people play this game, aka brings money to Funcom, aka keeps game alive.
    Shax you are right.. from your point of view.
    But what you say doesn't pay the bill.
    This game can't live anymore only with the subscription of hardcore raiders.
    They need easy money, numbers are small and so yes also solo - almost - content.
    Accessories (rings, necklaces, capes) nowdays in this almost 8y old mmorpg belong to that territory.
    Hardcore raiders still got best gear (T6) and weapons, and that's probably fair enough.

/signed a drunken - too early - Bear Shaman

(sorry for typo)
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 27th April 2016 at 18:11.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Im mostly playing at odd times now when pvp is almost dead .
    When I'm in the arena I don't want to wait an eternity and watch pet fights.
    And I have a strange issue in the arena that occasionally interrupts my combos or can't trigger the combo finisher because the last combo step can't be done .
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    [...]
    Is this a good design choice?!
    Yeeeees
    Cause it makes people play this game, aka brings money to Funcom, aka keeps game alive.
    Shax you are right.. from your point of view.
    But what you say doesn't pay the bill.
    This game can't live anymore only with the subscription of hardcore raiders.
    They need easy money, numbers are small and so yes also solo - almost - content.
    Accessories (rings, necklaces, capes) nowdays in this almost 8y old mmorpg belong to that territory.
    Hardcore raiders still got best gear (T6) and weapons, and that's probably fair enough.

/signed a drunken - too early - Bear Shaman

(sorry for typo)
    Hehe... yeah... financing AoC... hehe... keeping developement alive... good joke... I would call it financing more features for Exiles but yeah...

Necklace is some sort of secondary objective for PvP players. For PvE is exactly the opposite (gear is goal number 1) and that's perfectably understandable.
    My very last concern is for the PvP playerbase: where the hell are you?! When I get time to play (mostly late evening) I always see the same few names willing to challenge.
    The true PVE players are ready to do Enigmata of Yag 1001 time, even if they don't need anything here.
    The true PVP players still continue do one and the same mini 1001 time, even if they have full T3 PvP already 4-5 years.
    But these are exceptions, rather than the usual cases. Let us not deceive ourselves, for most of the players' reward is important. It is the reason why PvP continues to go down every year more and more. Actually there is no progression for 4-5 years.

I know, currently Pit PvP necklace is better than T3, but the difference is realy negligible. Seems to me the PvP necklace should be improved.
    I'm pleased to see long queues and huge activity on PvE fights. Because PvE neck falls under the category "must have".
    In contrast, PVP arena activity is much lower. It depresses me. When people look at the PVP necklace, some of them are just too lazy to learn duels. They can live with T3 PvP easy.

My only concern about the arena is about the PvP side: there should be separated instances for PvP and PvE.
    Watching PvE fights is boring as hell. We wanna fight!
    Fully agree. I have checked several copies usually while I find some of the players who are ready to fight. And then always comes some PvE representatives, wich wasted our time. They only gets in the way. Anyway to fight both PvE and PVP is not handy. You need diferent gear and AA for each of them.
    Last edited by Ernests; 28th April 2016 at 08:19.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    Hehe... yeah... financing AoC... hehe... keeping developement alive... good joke... I would call it financing more features for Exiles but yeah...
    You are right.
    What the defenders of mismanagement always forget is that the times, when short time gain is better than long time gain are rare and conditional. Often it can be the nail to the coffin, if you ruin a game system by bad pricing and unbalanced products. So by no means they are forced or clever by doing this, especially NOT when they have no or not much money. Why? Because it limits options and is far mor risky than traditional "good work". Does it mean it cannot work? Sure no, of course it can work...if you bet, you also win sometimes. But is it a good idea in general when almost broke to go gambling?

Similar greed model with the added resource slots. They invest resources to create and implement it, why overprice it and make it blackmail content? Wouldn't this (as items on store and ingame) far more successfull (with almost the same effort and money put into it), if they would give part for free as a hook and foundation of trust, then sell balanced items for convenience for reasonable accountwide prices and reserve the OP stuff for ingame combinations (maybe even with store items)?

@Funcom: If you need proof for what i say, just check your store sales for vanity items at the start and the bags and then compare it to when (at least the bags) they became available accountwide.

Bottom line: If your price is too high and you change designs depending on making people buy overpriced stuff, it is a RISK. You can earn the same or more by simply selling more for less money, without the RISK of annoying your customers and driving them off, when you really need them.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 28th April 2016 at 11:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    Fully agree. I have checked several copies usually while I find some of the players who are ready to fight. And then always comes some PvE representatives, wich wasted our time. They only gets in the way. Anyway to fight both PvE and PVP is not handy. You need diferent gear and AA for each of them.
    Just saying: watching most of the PvP fights is boring too, you don't see any timerbars, not even the health bar and just 2 players jumping around swinging their clubs in the air.
    Kinda reminds me of that TV cartoon... Disney's Gummi Bears...

Default Suggestions

With the Arena now out for almost 8 weeks some of the newness has worn off. I have ground out rank 4 on several characters, including my achievement toon Conq with 132 pets, Sin with 29 Pets, Bear Shaman with 47 pets, and Hox with 42 Pets. As with most of my characters, these have T4 gear and have very good AAs.

The Conq required 150 victories to achieve rank 4 with some grinding of the legendary Dragon.
    The Sin required 268 victories to achieve rank 4 as I could not reliably kill the legendary Dragon.
    The Hox required 225 victories to achieve rank 4 as I could not reliably kill the legendary Dragon.
    The Bear Shaman required 173 victories to achieve rank 4 with some grinding of the legendary Dragon.
    The Tos required 202 victories to achieve rank 4 with some grinding of the legendary Dragon.
    The Pom required 185 victories to achieve rank 4 with some grinding of the legendary Dragon.

I have fought and won in the arena 1203 times :0

I have moved on to several toons that do not have that many pets. As a veteran of the game, I have the gold and will be able to buy some off the trader but I am looking at several weeks of grinding per toon to be able to get to rank 4. This grind would be worse if I did not have the ability to acquire more pets or the gold.

While the number of victories is high to achieve rank 4, the time sink is really unacceptable. It is not unusual to get only 4 fights per hour. The time sink could be solved by removing the restriction for the Sparring Pits and allowing faction points to accrue beyond rank 2 within this arena.

This would also allow the Main Arena to support more PVP by allowing the PVE to remain in the sparring pits.

If you also wanted to increase the faction xp for repeat kills, I would not mind.
    Last edited by Keebler2; 12th June 2016 at 21:30. Reason: Added More Characters

Quote Originally Posted by Keebler2 View Post
    With the Arena now out for almost 8 weeks some of the newness has worn off. I have ground out rank 4 on several characters, including my achievement toon Conq with 132 pets, Sin with 29 Pets, Bear Shaman with 47 pets, and Hox with 42 Pets. As with most of my characters, these have T4 gear and have very good AAs.

The Conq required 150 victories to achieve rank 4 with some grinding of the legendary Dragon.
    The Sin required 268 victories to achieve rank 4 as I could not reliably kill the legendary Dragon.
    The Hox required 225 victories to achieve rank 4 as I could not reliably kill the legendary Dragon.
    The Bear Shaman required 173 victories to achieve rank 4 with some grinding of the legendary Dragon.

I have moved on to several toons that do not have that many pets. As a veteran of the game, I have the gold and will be able to buy some off the trader but I am looking at several weeks of grinding per toon to be able to get to rank 4. This grind would be worse if I did not have the ability to acquire more pets or the gold.

While the number of victories is high to achieve rank 4, the time sink is really unacceptable. It is not unusual to get only 4 fights per hour. The time sink could be solved by removing the restriction for the Sparring Pits and allowing faction points to accrue beyond rank 2 within this arena.

This would also allow the Main Arena to support more PVP by allowing the PVE to remain in the sparring pits.

If you also wanted to increase the faction xp for repeat kills, I would not mind.
    If you could get all your toons to Rank 4 in a week whatever would you do then?
    Considering you are a "veteran" im sure the time spent here compared to the years so far is nothing
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

Well say you want to go for the 5000 kills achievement. If you can only do 8 to 12 fights a day, That is about a year per character to get there. Queue time is an issue (still).

Quote Originally Posted by Roddam View Post
    Well say you want to go for the 5000 kills achievement. If you can only do 8 to 12 fights a day, That is about a year per character to get there. Queue time is an issue (still).
    I must say i found something even more annoying and stupid (though fixable) than the waiting time:
    ...the artificial limitation of xp gain from white and green pets once you get rank 2.
    It just adds to the grind and though it might raise the value of getting purple pets, it also creates an unnecessary barrier (only a certain kind of player will ever get rank 4 here), grind and worst, it counteracts the intention of the arena in the first place (buying/selling/collecting pets and see new pets fight in the arena). If i get around 2 xp per fight (or more for one i have not fought, could not test it in time), why should i bother going there and wait the same amount of time i would for a purple pet? Depending on the pets, the fights against purples are definitely a matter of taste, so why deny players who are willing to spent more time on varied content one way to achieve rank 4?
    For purple pets the design is exactly as i feared and described before. Rat lab conditioning inbalanced content They take a long time if you are not end game focused or are impossible to do in time, so you will try till you find one for your gear, skill and class suited one you can kill repeatedly. Then you grind the same one over and over and over and over (as seen as soon as you enter any arena on crom)...instead of having a really wide choice with different fights and rewards (less usually too!). Or you find a rare pet you can fight daily for the quest to have any advancement at all...also not an interesting motivating choice.

Back to topic: this is not only a bad design for solo player, but when others wait it is really annoying just to watch and see others do it.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 29th May 2016 at 20:44.