Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why we have to wait to fight agaist our pets?

Default Why we have to wait to fight agaist our pets?

Hi, i'm not sure if I understand how the new arena works because I can't see the point of the queue or the 6 people instance in the pve arena. If I have to fight alone why I have to share the instance with other 6 people? I think it would be better one instance for each pleayer like dead hand or apostate.

pd. Where I can get a pet that I can fight? All the pets I have are to rare to summon if you don't have rank 1 at least.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Start on the top, work your way to the bottom: https://henryxconan.wordpress.com/20...ompanion-list/

Basically you can buy pets from merchants in most zones. Guild city has some pets in trade house, and now you can buy pets from gilding vendors and raid gear vendors. Also, faction pets from Khtiai.

About the other thing, I've spent closer to 100G on pets now. Would like to see pets being drawn from a random pool rather than a player have to own them.
    Last edited by Shax84; 14th April 2016 at 10:18.

It's an MMO! So even if you have to play alone, you are forced to watch other players

Actually the arena feels like a second version of the WB... wait and do nothing all the time and then hit a boss a few times... wait and do nothing again and then hit boss...
    Especially this waiting thing is totally annoying, I can understand that you want to watch a PVP fight since they are always different even when seeing the same 2 persons fighting like 4 times in a row... but PvE Mobs? Most players just fight the same pet over and over again... and 90% of them are just facetanking and spanking bosses... you just have to wait and go afk.
    The grind seems even harder than it was in khitai.

And I totally love it when people start kiting while fighting bosses that heal up... great, watching a player run in circles for like 20 minutes with no progress at all is so much fun.
    Last edited by xCodename; 14th April 2016 at 12:49.

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    And I totally love it when people start kiting while fighting bosses that heal up... great, watching a player run in circles for like 20 minutes with no progress at all is so much fun.
    Luckily, encounters are limited to only 3 minutes before they automatically fail and get booted out.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    Luckily, encounters are limited to only 3 minutes before they automatically fail and get booted out.
    Yeah I was exaggerating a bit xD But it still feels like that if you can't do anything while waiting to fight a pet for 10 seconds.
    Last edited by xCodename; 14th April 2016 at 14:50.

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    Hi, i'm not sure if I understand how the new arena works because I can't see the point of the queue or the 6 people instance in the pve arena. If I have to fight alone why I have to share the instance with other 6 people? I think it would be better one instance for each pleayer like dead hand or apostate.

pd. Where I can get a pet that I can fight? All the pets I have are to rare to summon if you don't have rank 1 at least.
    That is why people had concerns even when it was on TL. One reason could have been smaller side areas with pvp enabled, betting or at least some customizeable social activities. Seems funcom went for timesink and grind for now.
    As it is now, there really is no reason, but if you look at world boss, pvp event week and now this: seems making players wait for content seems the trend now.
    One instance per player would have been better for the pve arena, since you can not even comment or watch the battles properly...and the npc comments are always the same too. Pet fights are categorized and unless you watch endless combat logs, there is not much to learn either. So you get bored of "new" stuff there after a few minutes and the waiting just gets annoying.

The obvious problem with allowing us to target the player or the mob inside the arena is, I assume, that that would give us the ability to effect the fight inside, by either healing/buffing the player, or even damaging/debuffing their mob for them. At least having health bars on has let me see how close they are to dying.

It would be an idea to split PVP and PVE into their own instances and lower the cap on the max number of people in an instance. Maybe leave it at 30 for PVP and reduce it to 15 for PVE since twice as many people fight in a single PVP battle.

Instance crash issues need sorting, waited 20 minutes in the queue in one instance then it crashed so moved to another which also crashed after 10 minutes waiting, joined another which had about 30 players in it and waited another 20 minutes before I eventually had to log off. Nearly an hour in game and not one battle isn't so hot.

Quite like the idea though if a few things could be fixed.

Lol, private arena where you can burn thru your pets as fast as you can kill them with no waiting on other people? Not gonna happen in an MMO, and good to see the Devs have it structured as is.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast