Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FinaL Metastasis -

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    Also ~ nothing in the EULA or otherwise can be sighted for a player either going afk, playing partially clothed, or any of the other various "abominations" mentioned.
    May I refer you to point 1 of the Funcom Rules of Conduct. Sadly it has been a long time since that rule has been enforced.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Just let players kick from minigames + grant cowards shame when 50% approve of the vote. Let the community police themselves against these people and either their behaviour changes or they never play again. It's not a 'right' to be playing with others.

@Anzu: good one, i cant believe we didnt think of this for all these years...

Quote Originally Posted by strangerism View Post
    As it is now there is a few bunch of these not just one. Also what is the difference between a troll who sign minis to be afk from the start or the average pvp player who goes afk when (aka the first minutes) the match is too tough or as soon the score goes to 0-1. These are even more than the few oddballs/trolls. I have no how idea to fix pug minis and people, it has always been a circumstantial fun game.

I see on global many raid, dungeon, wb, golem calls, people get organized for pve why we can do the same for pvp. Make a call for a 12 man pvp pug and start inviting people who can trust and pop a mini tournament, I know it has been done before but why stop? It can be done every day, just as mini runs everyday. Balance suck in minis and this one way to fix it for example. None will go afk or he wont be invited anymore for sure. It hasn't to be guild related, just some random guys who wants to team up for few rounds of maps and have fun.
    First up - there are those who afk if they deem their team to be unable to win. They are despicable in their own way, but those can at least be reasoned with (mostly). The others mentioned in this thread dont behave like that because of frustration or elitist views on their level of skill compared to the rest of the team. They do it on purpose to ruin others fun, simple as that. They even dare to defend that behavior with outrageous arguments here on the forums...

Creating premades to rule them out might be a way but its certainly not a good one as it takes a lot of effort (since groups are disbanded after each mini) and automatically excludes other people, leaving them to have to live with those screwballs at an increased rate. Not a good solution.

Something needs to be done her from FCs side. Either GMs become entitled to give longer bans for repeated behavior of this kind (like a week or two), or if needed eula or coc need to be changed to allow even longer bans with permaban being ultima ratio.
    Other solution may be to limit playfield access to minigame zones as a new punishment, leaving bk zones accessible. Could also help with frequent leavers.

Regarding your first post...just NO. we dont have to learn to live with this. It gives them what they want and you simply can't do that. Either give FC some reasonable amount of time to react to this thread or vote with your wallet, period.
    Last edited by Maelkjar; 10th April 2016 at 09:37.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Funcom do something about this......or you want no income from AOC also? Maybe you dont need money....

Quote Originally Posted by Anorain View Post
    Funcom do something about this......or you want no income from AOC also? Maybe you dont need money....
    Let's give that some attention; many of the PvP exclusives chose NOT to pay for subscription ~ there's no need. All PvP content is open to F2P. So that argument has no grounds .

I standby my earlier statement; no violations to site ~ this; if a FUNCOM employee bans a player, they have gone rogue and open the company up for penalties.

Let's pay attention to who is in the minis these days too ~ a few of those names have t been seen in weeks. Stay relevant people.

"Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    May I refer you to point 1 of the Funcom Rules of Conduct. Sadly it has been a long time since that rule has been enforced.
    From [FUNCOM RoC]
    "You may not harass, cyber bully or threaten other players in any form while participating in any Funcom game or communication channel."

I can only assume you're trying to decipher & manipulate the "harassment" phrase to meet your needs.

Harassment defined;
    aggressive pressure or intimidation.

Somehow I think someone going AFK, playing naked, or generally not playing to YOUR standards doesn't really qualify. When did everyone get so uptight? Maybe a "strongly worded" tweet is in order. Common Man ~ let's focus on the real issues. Yer AFK'rs are hardly that.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Can we just not have this person around anymore?
    Give a permanent coward's shame to anything loging from his IP

He tries to mask what he does into some "rp fantasy" or some alternative way of playing , but in truth his real goal is to kill the minigames as he has stated in other threads.

Anyways , if I go to basketball court to play a game , and suddenly one of the players decides that "points for me count if I hit the fence , not the basket" , this person is simply excluded , and rest feel sympathy for him BUT DONT LOSE ANY MORE TIME ON HIM .
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

From [FUNCOM RoC]
    "You may not harass, cyber bully or threaten other players in any form while participating in any Funcom game or communication channel."

I can only assume you're trying to decipher & manipulate the "harassment" phrase to meet your needs.

Harassment defined;
    aggressive pressure or intimidation.

Somehow I think someone going AFK, playing naked, or generally not playing to YOUR standards doesn't really qualify. When did everyone get so uptight? Maybe a "strongly worded" tweet is in order. Common Man ~ let's focus on the real issues. Yer AFK'rs are hardly that.
    drop this mates, this guy must be a lawyer ...
    Nazariin - Assassin 7 - Crom
    Rebriarah - BS 4 - Crom
    Ismemah - Hox - Fury

Let's give that some attention; many of the PvP exclusives chose NOT to pay for subscription ~ there's no need. All PvP content is open to F2P. So that argument has no grounds .
    Very wrong point of view, not to use more offencive adjectives.
    The fact the minigames are f2p doesn't mean that they are meaningless for this game health in general, and thus for Funcom revenues.

I have been a regular subscriber since January 2011. Without minigames I would have very probably stopped subscribing long time ago.
    So I'm an evident proof.

Yes, technically afkers do not violate any rule.
    So let's admit that it is a Funcom design issue, since formally (and only formally) we can't directly blame those players (that can be counted on the fingers of one hand by the way, it is good to repeat this).
    Since it is a Funcom design issue that some players are capable of completely ruining a very important aspect of their game, it is even more evident that Funcom should do something to fix this.

Not that I have many hopes, since JS map for example have been bugged for months now (maybe more than 1 year).
    But this doesn't change what I typed above: the fact that Funcom does nothing, doesn't mean that they should not actually do something instead.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

On the very end of the RoC:

'These rules are basic and not meant to be all inclusive'

This leaves room for Funcom employees to judge and punish bad behavior themselves. If one of them would care even a little bit there would have been some permabans a long time ago. Even if they do not care, helping players have a pleasant experience in the game should be part of what they get payed for.

Also, what do you mean with 'let's focus on the real issues'?
    If effectively killing Fury server by making its most important contend unplayable for the majority of the day is not a real issue I don't know what is. These players are absolute cancer to the community and cutting them out is the only way for the community to stay healthy.
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 10th April 2016 at 13:59.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast