Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FinaL Metastasis -

Default FinaL Metastasis -

[this thread could be both on Fury and Crom forums aswell as in PvP forums , since its own nature is trans-dimensional , I post it in general for the eye to catch]

First there were 5 , then 4 , the disease kept on spreading and soon there was just 1 minigame running on Fury . Appart from the population aspect going down , there were other social parametres leading to this point , or to be accurate , 1 parametre . A specific Guardian with lots of free time .
    We all heard his name , Glo.... , a person who never opened his mouth or moved his feet . He kept on spammin mini-signups till Fury bled to death .
    for 16 out of 24 hours of the day , every fury minigame was 5v6
    this happened for long enough to raise his character from pvp0 to pvp10 , solely by afking

We left the game , or we xsfered over to Crom ... we became refugees .
    Over here , on the other side of the wall there was safety and medicine . Occasionaly we met infected people ( like the female conqueror F. or the male priest Ju.) but their efforts were small and sad and soon forgotten since the next minigame wouldnt include them .

Yesterday night, once F. left minigames , we were free to enjoy the dark pleasure of the Hallowed Vaults . It was going to be a great night of laughter and fireballs ... we were so wrong

The night started with a very special shamman , his W/L ratio was 20/110 , i noticed something was not okay with him . Minutes later he was standing iddle on the respad . We pulled throo , we won and ignored the afker .
    Next mini pops up , the guy is here again , afking once more . I decide to send him a tell
    -Hey bro , why stand iddle , come fight
    -I wont fight , i have BAD MOOD now
    he replies.

2 minigames later this person is gone , or so we all thought . Next LT pops up , I run a quick check over people in it , I notice a barbarian with W/L ratio 5/40 and a pretty similar name with the BS we mentioned before.
    Same story again , this goes on for 1-2 hours . I reach the point that this person might be Ju. and post my conclusion on global . My statement catches his interrest and the naked barb send me a tell explaining that I'm wrong .
    -I'm not this Ju. person , Im from Fury , but no pvp on fury so Im here now. he says

I approach him with kindness and try to understand what's going on inside his head . We had 5-10minutes of sporadic chat , during which he revealed me his name , his real identity and his purposes .
    He's Glo... , since there are no minigames on fury for him to AFK , he's gonna AFK here now . If we report him (which has happened to him a lot of times as he mentioned) , when gm will reach him , he will reply "SORRY got BAD MOOD today" and he will get away with it .

So , is it worth ... is it rly worth protecting this person ......... at the expense of everybody else's well being ?
    Is it ?

He left the chat with a pretty interresting statement/question towards funcom . It's not my question , it's his . And since i dont violate any terms etc , ill post the screenshot for fc and other people to answear themselves

Edit by Anzu: Mask the name to post that screenshot. It can't stay like that.
    Reasonable demand , i reformed the screenshot :
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=of553k&s=9#.VwfJk_mLRhE

infract the screenshot if you feel it's inapropriate , but please also do something about it .... we end up leaving cause of this , we rly do.
    Last edited by Audrey-; 8th April 2016 at 15:11.
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

This makes me so sad. Apart from what is going on in his mind (this would probably be an interesting case study for one of the research papers on online trolls) I can not believe Funcom will let one person destroy such a big aspect of their game.

It is absolutely baffling and no self-respecting company should allow anyone to ruin so much revenue when the countermeasures are so easy and within their reach. This is NOT a hard case. It literally takes 5 minutes of time from one somewhat decent GM with the rights to permaban and/or delete characters. It is a complete joke that there are several characters on Crom that are pvp 10 without ever fighting. Basically they are getting rewarded for countless hours of griefing.

It is shocking that there are still companies that have no systems in place to counter people that spend the majority of their time actively trying to destroy a revenue stream. Seriously, how hard can it be to keep tabs on a handful of people that get reported several times every day for months/years? One starts to wonder if this data actually is collected and used.

There is no need to re-invent the wheel. Just lend systems from pvp games that are actually successful.
    Every single one has systems like votekicks, cheat detection, afk-detection and most importantly people that actually give a **** and ban players that show suspicious behavior.
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 8th April 2016 at 14:30.

That's why AoC PvP is bad for your health.
    No matter how many times that kind of scum get reported, there is nothing that will ever be done to get rid of the nuisance, because FC and their GMs are just useless.

The saddest part is that this plague of AFk'ers (and hackers) is nowhere near overwhelming, it's just a handful of morons actually, there are not legion at all, a GM could clean AoC PvP in litteraly a matter of minutes.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

Can we have any FC response to this? What's your stance?

Would it be so hard to change the ban policies towards these guys... They ruin the game for so many.

I only wish for funcom to go bankrupt finally , but right at this moment they are playing roulette with a few anniversary offer suggestions and plenty of people will take it to help finance TSW updates and other new games

In game GMs are unable/unwilling to solve those issues.
    And on forums , all what happens on forums is you get yourself infracted for ranting.
    Last edited by slackjoint; 8th April 2016 at 15:40.
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

You should submit a petition explicitly naming the character you're reporting.
    Short cuts make long delays.

I think we are speaking about exactly same person, he did that last evening and his answer was "I hate Vouga" (Yea people are doing it because they hate me...) and he didn't played at all just stood still.

Had him for couple of minis in a row, and this behaviour is spreading insanely fast there are way way too many person doing this.

http://i.imgur.com/Sg2NYCX.jpg
    Last edited by Vouga; 8th April 2016 at 16:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzu View Post
    Yes and now lets pretend that Santa and the Easter Bunny do in fact exist
    Typing on mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Anzu View Post
    I'm speaking from the point of view of global channel trolling that gets petitioned, but there's constantly the same usual people that pollute global, they get petitioned, apparently get a ban and days/weeks later, they are back at it till they get banned again and the cycle repeats.

Why are these people not permabanned after x amount of occurrences of this happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    I'm speaking from the point of view of global channel trolling that gets petitioned, but there's constantly the same usual people that pollute global, they get petitioned, apparently get a ban and days/weeks later, they are back at it till they get banned again and the cycle repeats.

Why are these people not permabanned after x amount of occurrences of this happening?
    For **** talking people are getting punished at least ...
    Typing on mobile

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast