Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HoX or Barb?

Default HoX or Barb?

I'd like to create and master one of them, only one. Which one is funniest to play, which one deals more damage in k6/ raids in overall? I am kinda bored of tanks and healers, all of them are geared in full khitai so now is a time to focus on damage dealers. I am not interested about necro / demo, I hate mages.

All the best.

I'd pick Barbarian then. Even though HoX is fun, it's a bit less flow in the gameplay since you got to deal with spells and buffs with casting time. All abilities are instant on Barbarians. You'll have easier time taking HoX spots in raids since there are less of them, but Barbarians and rogues is always needed in K6, if not for AAs then for group buffs.

yea, barb has more group buffs, while hox (like all mages) is more selfish. just to add one thing to what shax said, both classes gets a big boost from the t5 rune. without it, they can still do good dps, but most likely won't top the chart.

i prefer hox, just because of the mix of spells and combos, but both classes are very nice to play. if you have time, i'd suggest to try both and decide for yourself.

in any case, if you decide to try hox, the 1st feat you should max is "hellfire", to make "hellfire breath" instant. without it, hox sucks!
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Hox was funniest class always in this game and after they fixed some of their "issues", it's even funnier (although, they should bring back bald hoxes, i almost got to like that feature). For dps, if anyone even cares, equally geared barb and hox should be around the same.

I haven't played HoX much, but I know it does a lot of dps and a big part of it is magical.

Barb has the versatility of going dual-wield, which is great for fights with a lot of mobs, or two-handed, with more cc's and can do good single-target dps, and if you run low on health you can switch to blood rage stance to get self-heals.

On single target, I think HoX does more dps than barb, and it also has good AoE.

Both classes are fun.

Go hox. Lots of fun.

Besides, barbs are just Conqueror Lite
    I don't make points I make dents.

I prefer the *concept* of the HoX by quite a bit. It's unique while barb is basic melee and very much like a conq but without tanking. In actual play there's not much difference though I still give HoX the nod for the fun factor there. Barb would probably be easier to solo and to play well. I won't comment on mastering either one since I'm certainly not at that level with either and have very limited experience with raids.

I'd echo playing both to see what you like then forge onwards with that one.

The barbarian is the best class to start AoC

Quote Originally Posted by Vatoi View Post
    I hate mages.
    P.S. HoX is mage...

While leveling the Barb using bloodrage stance and 2H-weapon with CC's is one of the easiest classes.
    While leveling the HoX survival depends on build and how carefull you pull mobs, there is no "O SHITE" option.

For (pug-)raiding the HoX will be more asked for, just because there are much less HoX-es compared to Barbs.
    For Khitai 6-man there will be more demand for the Barb because it's AA's are needed in more dungeons.

For Fun/Gameplay there is only 1 option (Look at the signature).
    (Okay ... 3 of them were made before multispeccing was available )
    Xiuhcoatl, Xipil, Udiya, Zhoerong lvl 80 HoXes .... multi-speccing?
    Gorgophone lvl 80 Barb, Kheiron lvl 80 PoM (Heal?), Uruloki lvl 80 Demo (Nub), Berenike lvl 80 Conq (retired.) All raised on Hyrkania RP-PVE (R.I.P.) server.

[undisclosed] lvl 80 HoX (!), Marbhaisgort lvl 80 Necro (fresh), Chahwuk (ToS)/Merav(Necro) lvl5x (for when I get to do Purist-achievements) Cromites.

Membership valid until 2018-03-16 20:02:55 Got tricked again 2015-12-14

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast