Thread: Big thanks to Funcom GM's and AoC Player Community

Thumbs up Big thanks to Funcom GM's and AoC Player Community

So I started playing AoC via Steam just a week or so ago.

At first I had immense difficulty linking my AoC account to my Steam account, for some reason it just wasn't happening. I contacted CS via the webform and within 20 minutes it was sorted. As a first impression of CS from an MMORPG company (some of whom don't have the best reputation) I was thoroughly impressed and totally satisfied.

I started a Bear Shaman, I just love those multifunctional support type classes (Paladin /Shaman in WoW and Captain in LotRO are my other choices) and got on with levelling. After about 10 hours or so I realised I liked almost everything I had encountered in the game so far, and was bowled over by how helpful the player community was in /NPH, so much so that I thought heck, cancel that SWTOR sub and move it across to AoC - and that is what I did.

Now yesterday was a holiday in the UK and I had a few drinks with friends and family and logged in to play AoC around 10:30pm. Around 12:30am, slightly the worse for wear thanks to the alcohol, and quite tired (I had been up since 5:00am) I set to and decided that my Bear Shaman would be the only character I concentrated on until end-game and set about deleting the other handful of lowbie Alts I had created to try things out. And then bam, how dumb do I feel, I accidentally deleted my main.

To say I was mad at myself is an understatement and I was truly horrified what I had done. So I logged in to an Alt and asked in /NPH if FunCom offered a character recovery service, a few helpful people told me to /Petition and that is what I did, a couple of them mentioned that it may take a few days to get sorted, so I have spent today mooching around on Alt after Alt and feeling quite lost that they are not my Bear Shaman. To be honest I was fairly convinced that if I couldn't get my BS recovered I would probably just not bother playing.

I have just logged in and my BS has been restored, and so has some of my dented faith in the MMO industry.

So a huge thankyou to both FunCom GM's and the AoC playing community.

So far my experiences in this game have been very, very positive.

All The Best

OK, this is infuriating.

So after getting my BS restored, I decide to delete the Alts.

The moment I click OK to delete an Alt the Character Select screen jumped back to my Main and deleted it instead.

This is, I am sure, what happened last time as I was 100% certain I had an Alt selected for deletion and not my main. It seems to cycle through one set of animations and then jumps back to the 1st character on the list.

Is there any way I can get a GM response to this?
    How can I delete an Alt safely if the Character Select screen changes the selected character in the middle of the deletion process.

All The Best
    Last edited by redneckronin; 29th March 2016 at 17:46.

You can try and /petition again...but there might be a limit on restoring a character within so many days. If so, try doing in an game email instead.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...stomer-Service

You also might try and delete those alts while your bear shaman is 'gone'. I've never had the cursor switch on me before while deleting a character but I rarely delete characters.

What level was your bear shaman?

Hi Anubium, thanks for the advice.

The in game /petition is still open so I have updated it.

Its not the cursor that moves.

I select an Alt, click on the Skull Icon, type in my password, and then as I press OK the background image showing the selected character changes to my main.

He was level 38.

All The Best

Quote Originally Posted by redneckronin View Post
    Hi Anubium, thanks for the advice.

The in game /petition is still open so I have updated it.

Its not the cursor that moves.

I select an Alt, click on the Skull Icon, type in my password, and then as I press OK the background image showing the selected character changes to my main.

He was level 38.

All The Best
    Welcome too the game m8☺ i hope you will get your char back and enjoy the game☺ see you on the battlefield😊
    Crom:
    Kraamz dt pvp10
    Kramzor hox pvp10
    Quickdash guard pvp7
    Kramzz bs pvp5

Fury:
    Pressostate conq pvp5
    ++++

AFK into the unknown =/

Extra big thanks to the GM (Spynosaur) who just restored my main, and deleted the one I wanted to delete from "their end" of the database.

Much appreciated.

All The Best

OK, this is infuriating.

So after getting my BS restored, I decide to delete the Alts.

The moment I click OK to delete an Alt the Character Select screen jumped back to my Main and deleted it instead.

This is, I am sure, what happened last time as I was 100% certain I had an Alt selected for deletion and not my main. It seems to cycle through one set of animations and then jumps back to the 1st character on the list.

Is there any way I can get a GM response to this?
    How can I delete an Alt safely if the Character Select screen changes the selected character in the middle of the deletion process.

All The Best

The Character Select screen does indeed cycle through characters in a somewhat random order.
    One trick I have found to very much reduce the risk of deleting the wrong character is to first select some other character and then the one you want to delete. It will then take a while before the selected character changes again - long enough for you to safely delete it.

Funcom

Extra big thanks to the GM (Spynosaur) who just restored my main, and deleted the one I wanted to delete from "their end" of the database.

Much appreciated.

All The Best

I'll be sure to pass your thanks along. I'm glad we could help you with recovering your character! Cheers
    FuncomAndy 'Odonoptera' Benditt
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @AndyBenditt

Age of Conan Website | Social Guidelines | Customer Service

Good job on getting your toon back.

On a slightly related topic, I'm beginning to lose count of how many people I've kicked from guild because the option is just below the 'kick from raid' option. Fair do's, user error, but a pop asking if you're sure you want to kick someone from guild would be nice. Same goes for the 'claim all' option in claims. If you claim a couple of things you get a pop to verify you want to, if you click 'claim all' - boom, inventory loaded. Small things but hugely annoying when you mess up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jota180 View Post
    Good job on getting your toon back.

On a slightly related topic, I'm beginning to lose count of how many people I've kicked from guild because the option is just below the 'kick from raid' option. Fair do's, user error, but a pop asking if you're sure you want to kick someone from guild would be nice. Same goes for the 'claim all' option in claims. If you claim a couple of things you get a pop to verify you want to, if you click 'claim all' - boom, inventory loaded. Small things but hugely annoying when you mess up.
    i got kicked like this 5 years ago and it was bigger fail you had to wait 24h to be able to join back in those days if I remember