Thread: PvE class AA question

Default PvE class AA question

Hi, I'm trying to decide which perks are the best for raiding with my ranger. I think improving deadly draw and quick shot are the best choices. I understand that 5 point on deadly draw are a good option but I'm not sure if I need more than one point in clout. I heard arround that each ponit spent on clout increases the damage against a single target but in the description only talks about increase the size of the column. Meaning that I can hit more targets. I should go for the 5 points or I won't increase the damage against a single target?
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Deadly Draw and Clout. Make sure you feat Heavy Shots, Rending Strikes and Percing Wounds.

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    Hi, I'm trying to decide which perks are the best for raiding with my ranger. I think improving deadly draw and quick shot are the best choices. I understand that 5 point on deadly draw are a good option but I'm not sure if I need more than one point in clout. I heard arround that each ponit spent on clout increases the damage against a single target but in the description only talks about increase the size of the column. Meaning that I can hit more targets. I should go for the 5 points or I won't increase the damage against a single target?
    The question for me is if you are trying to maximize single target damage, why would you even use quickshot, let alone a 5 pts white perk upgrading it? I would rather go with an extra ranged instant CC like jarring shot, it's even useable with a sword.

Now if you have 2-3 mobs packed together, i would never use quickshot, way too slow because ranger ranged fire rate is slowest of all classes like a sniper, i'd rather position myself good between the 3 and switch to a decent sword then spam that combo with a much better sustain dps and no cd.

To finish, i find column dmg nice when you have a good ammount of adds and you cant really pack em all however it also requires good placement and that takes time to be effective if u dont know what ure doing..

Quote Originally Posted by lolipope View Post
    The question for me is if you are trying to maximize single target damage, why would you even use quickshot, let alone a 5 pts white perk upgrading it? I would rather go with an extra ranged instant CC like jarring shot, it's even useable with a sword.
    It's really situational... in some places, like T3 Keeper fight and add phase in Toth Amon, or stopping runners in T4 General fight, Jarring Shot is great to have. In other places, you won't stun anything with it, so may as well have clout available. I always keep deadly draw up, and then switch between jarring shot and clout, depending on what is needed. It's not that difficult to max AAs anymore, so get em both.

there is almost no reason to use clout anyway : upper white hit - lower white hit - deadly draw - upper - lower -penetrating shot - repeat forever

so use dd and whatever, stun can be usefull, other are not
    Hungry Bear.
    Chamacappa - Happyshamie - Sekmheth - Oyako - Nexoxcho - and an other dozen of cripples !

I just looked at our damage logs from the last raid Olaf was in and he used Clout and got 10% of his dmg from it so.. thats the sole reason why I mentioned Clout.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    I just looked at our damage logs from the last raid Olaf was in and he used Clout and got 10% of his dmg from it so.. thats the sole reason why I mentioned Clout.
    Doesn't clout have a finesse hit? No idea if that makes it worthwhile but that could change things I suppose as far as usefulness goes.

Edit: that only goes for >T5 rangers of course.

yes, clout/quick shot has a finesse hit, but i compared the parses on the dummy of the rotations (up, down, dd, up, down, ps) and (up, down, dd, up, down, ps, qs) and they basically had the same dps, just that including qs in the rotation was burning stamina quicker.

also, the finesse hits on the ranger attacks sucks. even the one on ps contributes for maximum 5% of my total dps...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)