Thread: Rotation?

Default Rotation?

So i just boosted a ranger to lvl 80 but i have no idea of the rotation :P

I see that the arrow keys gives bonus to my abilites, but do i press the arrows first then the ability? How many arrows can i press b4 the ability? like can i use both lower and upper arrow to get both bonuses from ability?

Quote Originally Posted by giggelingbear View Post
    So i just boosted a ranger to lvl 80 but i have no idea of the rotation :P

I see that the arrow keys gives bonus to my abilites, but do i press the arrows first then the ability? How many arrows can i press b4 the ability? like can i use both lower and upper arrow to get both bonuses from ability?
    This is why I think the "instant" end game character option is bad for MMO games. You get folks that have no idea how to play the class which hurts groups, raids and the person playing the character.
    Hrulfr - Bear Shaman of Crom

Ranger rotation: (with a basic spec.)

[Set Trap for 45% Weap. dam. bonus] -> [Lower attack] -> [Upper attack] -> [Bleeding Puncture or AA upgrade deadly draw for 50% crit chance on Pen. shot] + [Advantage for even more weapon damage] -> [lower attack] -> [Penetrating Shot] -> [lower attack] -> [quick shot] -> repeat

You can throw in a armor ripper now and then to debuff but thats basically it.

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    Ranger rotation: (with a basic spec.)

[Set Trap for 45% Weap. dam. bonus] -> [Lower attack] -> [Upper attack] -> [Bleeding Puncture or AA upgrade deadly draw for 50% crit chance on Pen. shot] + [Advantage for even more weapon damage] -> [lower attack] -> [Penetrating Shot] -> [lower attack] -> [quick shot] -> repeat

You can throw in a armor ripper now and then to debuff but thats basically it.
    Are you sure? I think you forgot a upper attack befor penetration shot. I you don't do it you have a larger CD and you will have to wait 7 or 8 seconds before being able to continue your rotation. Sorry if im wrong I'm new to the ranger world :-D
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

i quote Cappa from the other thread:

upper white hit - lower white hit - deadly draw - upper - lower -penetrating shot - repeat forever
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Haha, yeah, ranjor is so challenging to play! Add a 15 sec interval on the fire / leghold / kb traps as macro repeat and you can go afk in all fights after you pushed that 1 button for repeating macro.

you forgot marked target and marked for death!

and... the timer for traps is 13 seconds, not 15!
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Hrulfr View Post
    This is why I think the "instant" end game character option is bad for MMO games. You get folks that have no idea how to play the class which hurts groups, raids and the person playing the character.
    This might be true, but at least this person is asking and learning. Also, this thread helped me because I have a 65 ranger and was curious if I was playing her correctly. So thanks!
    Do not underestimate the power of /ignore.