Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pit Master's Arena is on TL (REPORT)

More solo nonsense. Is there at least a group mode
    Doomsayer 2008

We have some group arenas in Noble District and Turan, but those are not popular. We have many nice dungeons, but those are not popular also. Some old world dungeons are completely forgotten that new players has never been... Need to understand the basic problem. It makes no sense to create content, that players will do, at best, only a couple of times and then just forget.
    Let's say that tomorrow will come the long-expected Slithering Chaos. Will it be popular if the developers offers just some "blue items and vanity gear" as usual? I'm convinced that, in this case, the players' interest in Slithering Chaos will be temporary.
    Last edited by Ernests; 21st March 2016 at 20:02.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    For Crom it will be a bit like world boss at first, i think queuewise...with lots of crashes and patches, but the official post show, that at least they had some thoughts about the instance accessability. On Fury it depends on how blockable the content is...sometimes one antisocial ranger (or a ranger pair) can ruin everything.
    I don't imagine it will be blockable really at all. The queue should be a FIFO (First in First Out) queue, so the worst case scenario is you have a troll or two who want to slow things down by kiting for the entire 3 minute duration until they lose and are ported out. The trolls then hop on the end of the queue and repeat when their turns come up. It doesn't seem like a very significant form of trolling to me.

With the instance soft caps, there should be a fair number of instances up and going while it remains popular, so the queue won't be too long most of the time. Small instance hard caps also stop the zones from getting too crowded like with the WB.

Worst thing I've seen so far on testlive are some in-explicable sudden deaths that happen in/related to various encounters. They need to figure it out and fix that bug before letting it go live or there will be lots of QQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    We have some group arenas in Noble District and Turan, but those are not popular. We have many nice dungeons, but those are not popular also. Some old world dungeons are completely forgotten that new players has never been... Need to understand the basic problem. It makes no sense to create content, that players will do, at best, only a couple of times and then just forget.
    The noble district is garbage because it's low level, it's meant to be done only once. The Turan content is not readily accessible nor is it clear on how it works to some new player that wanders in there and is supposed to know what the gold coins do or even how to obtain then.

I agree about making lasting content that will be done more than once, but you can do that making it more than solo content as well. People do warmonks all the time because there is something to gain from it. When you make lowbie arenas that there is nothing to gain at 80do you expect it to be repeatable content? I just don't think your group examples are a good yardstick to measure group content worth, neither are rewarding or well made.
    Last edited by Suctum; 21st March 2016 at 20:01.
    Doomsayer 2008

I simply do not believe that, for groups fights here will be proportionate rewards. With very poor T5 and T6 loot progress developers have got themselves into a corner. On the one hand, T5/T6 is the upper limit, which should not be exceeded. On the other hand, for most of the players T4 loot or lower are not sufficient motivators to accept new challenges and overcome difficulties.
    Last edited by Ernests; 21st March 2016 at 21:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    I simply do not believe that, for groups fights here will be proportionate rewards. With very poor T5 and T6 loot progress developers have got themselves into a corner. On the one hand, T5/T6 is the upper limit, which should not be exceeded. On the other hand, for most of the players T4 loot or lower are not sufficient motivators to accept new challenges and overcome difficulties.
    It doesn't need to be loot. It can be AA points, social armor, tokens. I know for most that's not enough, but having something that most don't is attractive to a few. My point is gear isn't everything, there's lots ofvrewards they can offer that will peak peoples interest. The people I play with mostly play fir the fun of playing with other people. Adding new content, which again is solo, ruins yet another opportunity for people to play with each other.
    Doomsayer 2008

It may be that developers idea was - you can get the best pets for solo arena through group/raid's content

For rewards I would like to see some power rewards, some Vanity rewards, some additional pets rewards only unlockable through arena, perhaps a mount or two, AA bottles, and Rare Trophies.

Angry new bugs over the old bugs

lol) more dugged crap from handless developers))) great! how about to fix all what you guys done before?
    Achievements still have bugs, Vanaheim "anniversary" "content" is full of them (visual&programmatic)))
    Maybe you can clear those clone guards from OT? they stand there second day))) Only ... can come to the same mistake twice. if someone not remember, first attack of the clones))) was when new halloween quest came out.
    Shame and disgrace( a lot of mods 4 some games made by amateurs and their quality is better.
    All this reminds me of the cartoon coyote, he happily raned with burning dynamite in the paws. hope you remember how everything ended

I hope they add group content in the future, and spread arena for 2-3 updates, like they add achivement sytem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12