Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: So What's the Next New MMO?

Default So What's the Next New MMO?

I had a taste of Elder Scrolls Online (BURP). So whats the next distraction coming along??

just play neverwinter, its a good replacement for aoc
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

Wildstar just came out. You know, if you are into Furies

The whole thing with Wildstar are "telemarks" which are dynamic zones that you have to "land" on your opponent. So there is skill involved in pvp. Its very fast pvp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qGBmxgCVA4

Wildstar has a lot of pvp features (BGs, Arenas, Open world pvp and massive war plots 50 vs 50 sieges).

However the game is meh and the setting..oh god the setting.. Its like all MMO furry nightmares put together
    Retired

wildstar looks so rediculous . if i was a 12year old girl this would be my game.
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

I played in the beta of WildStar for a second... As soon as I got into the introduction zone... The colors and textures had me saying, "oh my ghey"... I then puked a little in my mouth and then promptly logged off.

At least ESO had a more mature art direction... Combat failed but I did like the graphics.
    Last edited by Rohaus; 29th June 2014 at 12:11.

Not really looking forward to anything that's in the works. AoC and TSW have pretty much ruined everything else for me.

ESO was ok but not being an ES fan to start with and not having enough time to make a sub worth it pretty much clubbed that in the head.

Will try EQNext since it's completely free to play plus the claims of a superior AI. Given the graphical style, and the whole high fantasy thing, I don't foresee sticking with it.

Read something some time ago about Blizzard's Titan project, that I can't find now, that made it sound remarkably like TSW. That could be interesting though I'm dubious they can match TSW's atmosphere.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/01...watch-in-2014/

I'll bet someone $10 that the next MMO will be yet another copy of World of Warcraft, with the creators adamant that it is 'different' and 'unique' ... queue several months of teaser videos and hype ... game drops ... oh, not this crud again.

Oh, and the PvP won't deliver on its promises either.

The entire genre is stale.
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

Quote Originally Posted by Daraios View Post
    wildstar looks so rediculous . if i was a 12year old girl this would be my game.
    So much
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Quote Originally Posted by Rohaus View Post
    I played in the beta of WildStar for a second... As soon as I got into the introduction zone... The colors and textures had me saying, "oh my ghey"... I then puked a little in my mouth and then promptly logged off.

At least ESO had a more mature art direction... Combat failed but I did like the graphics.
    I think I lasted 45 seconds after creating a character and starting the story before I wanted to throw up, then deleted the game.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

I doubt i'll play everquest next, the idea was great but the gameplay wasn't very exciting. Black desert however, that is a game made with passion! Just like AoC!

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast