Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pvp on Crom

Default pvp on Crom

I see many newbies complain in Crom they have no chance to learn pvp as when they join minis are obliviously rammed either by pve gods in uber gear from t5/t6 and what not or by the so called skilled players. I think they are in their right to complain and it's understandable their plight. My suggestion to Funcom is enable the pvp instance in zones along with the epic and normal so they can practice pvp, like it should be, from early on in the leveling and further. This can only do good.

One of the main issues is too that new toons will die just because of the AoE.
    Right now minis are unplayable , consisting of at least 50% of casters / rangers.
    Playing minis with only 3 melees in it. Rangers popping out of hide around every corner..
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

agree that aoe is overkill, I am having the same issue in zerg battles with a fresh dt 2 created days ago. But my point is that I have seen and fought several lvl80 high pvp which seemed didn't know where to start, etc. Also some players have turned to forum lamenting the carnage that goes on in minis for fresh toon which at the beginning I have dismissed as quitters or not committing enough. Now having made a fresh toon on crom recently I understand their problem better. But anyway, lack of practice and only minis being the pvp, these people are never gonna learn at least the basics, rotation, movement, cc, cd, and other stuff.

If they had more opportunities to engage in pvp outside of minis they would have fared better, then the gear divide issue still prevail but it's one that can be resolved quickly, either by farming the pvp4 armour or doing their raids for gear.

Enabling duels at any level would really help those who come to AoC this late and want to stay on a populated server and try the pvp at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post
    One of the main issues is too that new toons will die just because of the AoE.
    Right now minis are unplayable , consisting of at least 50% of casters / rangers.
    Playing minis with only 3 melees in it. Rangers popping out of hide around every corner..
    Yeah, rangers pop out of hide everywhere. But look at those ranjors: 90% of them cant even kill a bunny.
    Newbies get steamrolled by soldiers, barbs and by now Hox and Tos, where the last 2 are the most threat even for full pvp geared high level players.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopsing View Post
    Yeah, rangers pop out of hide everywhere. But look at those ranjors: 90% of them cant even kill a bunny.
    Newbies get steamrolled by soldiers, barbs and by now Hox and Tos, where the last 2 are the most threat even for full pvp geared high level players.
    ToS? Yes it's a silly class vs ungeared players, but so are demo and necro. And for high geared players, ToS isn't much of a threat unless the ToS has a good team of melee pushers. Without that, a ToS is much less powerful than e.g. a PoM.

But maybe you are playing another game. When was that ToS revamp you speak of, that made the class this amazing?

Also, you can count the players who are a real threat on HoX on one or two hands. Much easier to perform okay on one of the other mage classes.
    Last edited by Rathothis; 18th March 2016 at 07:25.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Friendly advice: don't start blaming other classes, it will lead us nowhere, and we look silly in the eyes of dev's, like class fanboys, each one wining for their class and blaming others. It's a matter of perspective.
    I had a very similar thread not long ago, now I managed to level my ToS with T1 pve gear and some khitai to PVP lvl 4 - things got easier, but I have 1200 deaths, and don't even want to say how many kills. I didn't play a caster before, but I have general experience playing pvp on Fury back in 2011-2012. For new players it would be even harder, I believe.
    Until I had pvp gear I was a 3-4 shot until death player. Now I started a fresh DT, can survive a bit, but definitely can't tank or kill, so I assume there are certain differences who is easier or harder to play, but the main issue stands: something must be done for new players in regards to pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by miksen View Post
    something must be done for new players in regards to pvp.
    I havent seen many and lately any group tactics and/or instance strategies discussion so making or linking guides could be a place to start for someone who wishes to make a difference.

Thumbs down Killer

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    ToS? Yes it's a silly class vs ungeared players, but so are demo and necro. And for high geared players, ToS isn't much of a threat unless the ToS has a good team of melee pushers. Without that, a ToS is much less powerful than e.g. a PoM.

But maybe you are playing another game. When was that ToS revamp you speak of, that made the class this amazing?

Also, you can count the players who are a real threat on HoX on one or two hands. Much easier to perform okay on one of the other mage classes.
    Tos is a killingmachine played in the right hands😆No need for rewamp tbh

Quote Originally Posted by jarrust View Post
    Tos is a killingmachine played in the right hands😆No need for rewamp tbh
    Indeed☺ try a mini vs ensifer ,finnius or uebermench☺
    Crom:
    Kraamz dt pvp10
    Kramzor hox pvp10
    Quickdash guard pvp7
    Kramzz bs pvp5

Fury:
    Pressostate conq pvp5
    ++++

AFK into the unknown =/

Only if the tos has pvp T3 gear and lots of AA then its strong
    Otherwise not.
    I experience that myself.
    Rathotis is playing well , but still seems to get outparsed a lot by others.
    And I recently played with Übermensch on crom, who was at his pvp4 tos , he had a very hard time and even he said that tos at that level has null dps
    Last edited by slackjoint; 18th March 2016 at 11:52.
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast