Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jumping.

Default Jumping.

I've been trying to do the panorama achievements, and when getting stuck I've looked on youtube for videos to help. And there are people making jumps that are impossible for me. I've gotten to level 60 pretty quickly and I don't think my jumping ability has increased that much since I started. Not very noticeably anyway. Is my jumping ability going to be that much better at 80? Or are the people in the videos using something to enhance their jumping? (potions or spells, not exploits)

movement speed can help sometimes
    Hungry Bear.
    Chamacappa - Happyshamie - Sekmheth - Oyako - Nexoxcho - and an other dozen of cripples !

I am maxed for my level. Hopefully my max at level 80 will be enough. The people in the videos I watched were making jumps I don't even get close to making.

there are also items that increase the out of combat speed, like veteran boots (from the veteran tokens vendor), the world boss cloak, and a few others...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by czerillo View Post
    I am maxed for my level. Hopefully my max at level 80 will be enough. The people in the videos I watched were making jumps I don't even get close to making.
    You don't need to use any speed buffs for "on foot" jumps, but you definitely need a swift mount for long jumps - which one you are using now?

Do you have an example of a specific jump you can't make?

I'm now finishing panoramas on a second char and I don't use any enhancers - it's either precise sprint jump or a mounted jump (if there's enough space to get into gallop). I'm doing it all on 80 with maxed running skill, so maybe it makes that difference.

I have recorded most of my panoramas with movement modifier gear such as pants, shoes, cloak and the achievement dog pet. I prefer to jump around without mounts where it's possible.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

The one that seems the simplest of the ones I can't do is the gate at Tortage, out by the lava. It is slightly upwards from where you stand. And, by "sprint jump", do you mean using Dash? That is something I haven't tried. Or is it something else I am unaware of?

Press shift + forward to sprint, and press space to jump. Jumping while you're sprinting will result in a much longer jump.
    Kaleeh PoM - Resolved Guard - Reducia Sin

I've completed all Tortage Pano's with a 20 something toon so it's not a level thing. The sprint and jump is a timing thing, it takes some practice (Fass and his alts make it look easy

Quote Originally Posted by czerillo View Post
    The one that seems the simplest of the ones I can't do is the gate at Tortage, out by the lava. It is slightly upwards from where you stand. And, by "sprint jump", do you mean using Dash? That is something I haven't tried. Or is it something else I am unaware of?
    I guess you tried to jump there from the front side, correct?
    - try jumping from the other side...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast