Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jumping.

If you try to do the leaps of faith, you sometimes have just a small platform to jump from.
    This makes timing a jump or especially a sprint jump quite difficult.

I really had trouble to do the leap of faith in the acheronian ruins.
    After having failed too many times I put a macro on one of my mouse buttons doing W-SPACE.
    I used these timings:
    W down
    0.02 s delay
    SPACE down
    0.159 s delay
    SPACE up
    0.16 s delay
    W up

I prefered to press SHIFT manually to be able to do a sprint jump, if needed, or just a "normal" jump.
    Nalianda

Also, some jumps work better on a horse rather than on a cat or wolf. The horse is 'slimmer' and won't bump into geometry and 'slower' so won't overshoot the landing spot.

Jump from the side away from the gate. Also, once on the little ledge, stay right on the edge of it, not hugging the wall and sprint jump straight ahead, not angling in at all as there is a bit of an invisible wall if you get too close to the actual wall.

Quote Originally Posted by redpooo View Post
    Press shift + forward to sprint, and press space to jump. Jumping while you're sprinting will result in a much longer jump.
    I've never been able to jump that way.

If I'm moving forward and press the shift key, my character starts running. But, if I then press the space bar to jump, he just keeps running. The space bar seems to be ignored. I figured you just couldn't jump while running.

It looks like your keyboard doesn't have an anti-ghosting feature.
    Short cuts make long delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzu View Post
    This. You might want to try and bind another key for jumping, or better yet, use a mouse button for it.
    Kaleeh PoM - Resolved Guard - Reducia Sin

Quote Originally Posted by Anzu View Post
    But, I can jump if I don't hold down shift to run; i.e., just hold down the up-arrow.

I don't know what "anti-ghosting" means.

Quote Originally Posted by redpooo View Post
    This. You might want to try and bind another key for jumping, or better yet, use a mouse button for it.
    Well, I only have the two and they're in use.

Most keyboards only take two inputs max at the same time. Anti-ghosting allow keyboards to take more than two inputs at the same time.
    Short cuts make long delays.

Try holding down left and right mouse button at the same time. It's move forward in aoc. It _should_ open up the keyboard for shift + jump, allowing you to sprint jump.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast