Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noob Sin Question

Default Noob Sin Question

Only been playing for about 3 months...my sin for 6 day, but shall be 80 by this weekend...YAY for days off. I have a faction armor question, I know BB is BY FAR the most powerful DPS armor for a Sin. Is it ever feasible to say go SC so you get some DEX for Evade, and Protection? Granted the DPS is a bit less for armor, but is that exceptable? Or any other armor faction armor besides BB for that matter. This will be for PVE and Solo play as I need to gear up before anyone will even take me in a group.

Was curious because my Necro is in BB, and I dont mind doing it again I was curious if you could ever get evade up high enough to matter in some other armor.

for solo play, i dont think evade will ever be high enough for you to notice something. this experience comes from pvp though.

regarding group/raid i've collected the cs set for its protection to survive in certein encounters, its a nice set but not mandatory in general, however a sin can get enough protection to do some tanking

once you make that sin work its magic, make sure to get some -hate.

Quote Originally Posted by zenninpo78 View Post
    I was curious if you could ever get evade up high enough to matter in some other armor.
    You can't have enough of evade to measure up to pure DPS of BB. Moreso the only way assassin can be effective in solo PVE in Khitai is raw DPS + Avatar of Death build. Go with anything else and you are setting yourself up for failure. Belive me I would love for assassins to have more builds and gear setups but it's just not true.
    Retired

From my experience you don't actually need to stack evade rating .
    Consider this : 36.6 evade rating = 1% evade chance .
    You can now check on aoc >tv how many percent it would be in total.
    It's not much and you would lose a lot of dps.

BB is the best option , it offers highest dps + has hit rating (which you are very low on atm I guess)

You dont need to get extra protection gear . Lotus overdose + the feat before it (Lotus hide ?? I can't remember the name, but it increases your prot) should be enough.

Besides BB gear there is one gear part I consider as quite useful : Cheng Ho pants epic pants , as those have a very rare stat for khitai gear : Hate decrease
    Last edited by slackjoint; 14th March 2016 at 14:52.
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

In my book BB is the way to go until you have access to T3.5/T4-Gear. Might want to mix in some Raidgear from WB-drops when it's up.
    The other stats you mentioned might help you a bit in certain encounters or when soloing, but in normal K6-encounters or other dungeons you won't be the one catching the blows - unless you have problems managing your aggro.
    Problems with your healthpool will diminish as you add in more raid-gear.If want/need to expand your healthpool before that you could fix that through rings, amulets and back-items, even the PVP Tier1 accessories might help there, as they provide a nice boost to const and other stats. Keep in mind though that a part if those stats is valid only for pvp-zones though (like adds +318 PVP-combat rating). There's better solutions availlable ofc, but most require a lot more effort than going to the armory and spending 75S.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    You can't have enough of evade to measure up to pure DPS of BB. Moreso the only way assassin can be effective in solo PVE in Khitai is raw DPS + Avatar of Death build. Go with anything else and you are setting yourself up for failure. Belive me I would love for assassins to have more builds and gear setups but it's just not true.
    I have no issues in Khitai at all, and I run tribrid PVP spec and Wolves gear.

Spec full general, use broken oar.

Or, look at the stickies in this class subforum.

The pvp rings and necklace, band of force and pendant of shielding, are definitely good filler and all you have to do is go buy them. Though you may want to only get one ring if money is tight as you get a good one from the destiny quest.

While I'm far from an expert I did fine with a mostly lotus hybrid build but then hit a brick wall with the last guy in unchained Forgotten City and Drostan in unchained Dead Man's Hand. Probably some of the tougher mobs in Khitai, or large groups, would have been a bit too much as well. For those it was AoD or nothing. Granted my aa's and gear are very lacking as I haven't played the assassin much.

Ok I can't contain myself any more.

What is an Assassin. Cloth armor user, swift combos, immunity/evade feats, access to crowd controls.

You are supposed to kill stuff before stuff kills you! Not die from old age like Guardians do. In raids or instances, go absolute max dps, always, anywhere.

For bosses in solo content like Drostan and Aiji the Unending feating Avatar of Death is highly recommended.

And use a constitution ring and cloak if you need to make gear checks like Fury of Erlik or Volley.

I was not kidding in my previous post, Slith made a lot of really good info in his posts, and you should take use of that if you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Ok I can't contain myself any more.

What is an Assassin. Cloth armor user, swift combos, immunity/evade feats, access to crowd controls.

You are supposed to kill stuff before stuff kills you! Not die from old age like Guardians do. In raids or instances, go absolute max dps, always, anywhere.

For bosses in solo content like Drostan and Aiji the Unending feating Avatar of Death is highly recommended.

And use a constitution ring and cloak if you need to make gear checks like Fury of Erlik or Volley.

I was not kidding in my previous post, Slith made a lot of really good info in his posts, and you should take use of that if you need it.
    jeeez... thats bull...

in the end its up to you what armor u choose - i d recommend getting SC wolves and BB and mix your gear accordingly to what you want to do with that mix u are even suited for t5

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast