Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pvp on Crom - describe it!!

Default pvp on Crom - describe it!!

What is like pvp on Crom? I have been thinking to move from Fury as it is an empty coffin right now, but I am just afraid to end up into another hub world where all u do is queue for stuff, including minis.

Do people pvp in border kindgoms daily? Do they do duels, ganks, pug pvp groups in there? Guild vs guild? Apart from festival week.

How many minis concurrently during the day?

Is there sieges still? Which is the most active pvp guild?

Any funny story to recount?

thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by strangerism View Post
    but I am just afraid to end up into another hub world where all u do is queue for stuff, including minis.
    Thats exactly what Crom is

Daily pvp in CE ? - all you can see there occasionally is diggers , but even I got bored of fighting them always 1vs6+ because no one else is interested in OW PVP.

Number of minis @ primetime ? - mostly 3 or 4

Sieges ? - According to the forum thread it happens once in a blue moon (which is still ∞ times more than on fury)

Funny story ? - Hell yea some days ago a serverwide-known speedhacking tos sent me rage tells of a very low niveau ( e.g. telling me to die ) because he said i am "FUK COBBER" (comber)

But nevertheless , Crom is the best you can get of AoC as it is now
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Didn't want to open a new thread with this same subject...

I'm wondering which level to reach to find people in minigame ?! In my memories, there were very low level (the minimum is 10, right ?) characters that played mini's...but it seems to be done as being level 18 I didn't notice anyone in the queue.

So, will I have to wait until 80 ?

Yes pvp minigames are only happening at lvl 80 theese days. Sometimes lower lvl minigames can happen but its extremely rare.
    Raised in Kheshatta.

Default Back after a few years.

Decided to log-in after about 5 years away and noticed that Tyranny is no more. Fury was a ghost town and I had some funcom points, so I transferred my sin to Crom. One major thing I noticed is that population seems to be active during European prime times. Even though I play EST (Canada), there still seems to be enough people to have minis popping every 10 minutes on the average. I also discovered the new (to me) raid finder feature and was able to do a couple of pug raids of Jade Citadel.

First impressions of PvP:

1. I'm not as twitchy on my sin as I used to be. Feels pretty sluggish, as fingers try to remember keybinds and measures/countermeasures against different classes. Rather embarrassing
    2. Overall minis PVP skill of players seems to be divided into 2 groups - 25-30% are hardcore (high pvp level, know their class, stay grouped up, focus the right targets, great movement) and everyone else.
    3. PvP gear does not imply skill. Unlike most PVP servers I've played on in this game, on Crom there are a number of people rocking T3 PVP gear that are just horrible. I quit after Bori and before any of the pvp events, so not sure if they made it easier to gain pvp xp through means other than pvp.
    4. Keep hearing about people hacking, but from what I've seen the worst seems to be the use of auto-pots macros that kick-off on X% damage and minor speed hack, so pretty much the same BS we had to put up with "back in my day" and nothing that throws the balance way off.

In a nutshell, minis pop frequently, but you will most likely end-up playing with or against the same 12 people throughout the night. Prepare to be frustrated if you like your group to play smart, stay together and pick the right targets. But I still like my sin and enjoy being able to often push through the melees to get those juicy clothies and rangers in the back. Not sure i'll resub for another month, but not ruling that out.

Oh, and my pve gear is garbage now. Looks like the last 5 years saw quite a few additional tiers of armor introduced.

~Siberian / Spreader

dude...

claiming auto pot macros to be a problem... and minor speed-hack? wtf. I've played maybe around 4k minigames, I've never seen such a thing. just learn mechanics, the only hacks you ever see are some russians skipping combosteps.

but that said, I hope you find people to play with, and maybe do some premades.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    dude...

claiming auto pot macros to be a problem... and minor speed-hack? wtf. I've played maybe around 4k minigames, I've never seen such a thing. just learn mechanics, the only hacks you ever see are some russians skipping combosteps.

Perhaps with mini speedhack he means the WB cape that gives 5% out of combat movement multiplier? To be honest I think that issue isn't huge since the stats on those capes aren't as good as the PvP ones last I checked. Only one I can imagine using in PvP is the magic dmg one with constitution and protection. Last I saw an actual obvious speedhack that couldn't be explained with gear/class mechanics has been a while. I'll believe someone uses speedhack when people stop screaming HAX! at every demo using hands of the underworld.

Not sure what he means with auto pot macros. The benefit of having pots kick in automatically in stead of binding them on a key is so neglectable it's barely worth mentioning. I also wonder how he thinks he found out about this. Like how do you even notice if they are automatically applied or someone just hits a button when he takes damage like 99% of the players do?

but I do think pots (mostly the itemshop ones) have become a problem in minigames.
    I talked to someone recently that exclusively used goldpots in minigames. The amount of healing from those is absurd (like extra blue heal) so as long as you are filthy rich you can get a serious advantage. The ones that you buy with real money from the itemshop with 1000something combat rating and 230ish critical rating are another abomination that shouldn't exist. At least before the best stat pots were available trough gameplay, now it is just good old pay 2 win.
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 9th December 2016 at 20:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    dude...

I'm surprised that in those 4k minigames you haven't seen the use of 3rd party tools. Must've been just the Tyranny thing, although you're right - you need to know the mechanics to spot them. In any case, I'm sure Funcom has dealt with those over the years.

The OP asked to describe individual experiences pvp'ing on Crom. I've done that from my point of view. Agree or disagree, no skin of my back.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    I also wonder how he thinks he found out about this. Like how do you even notice if they are automatically applied or someone just hits a button when he takes damage like 99% of the players do?
    They don't just trigger on damage, but also when a healer +health buff is applied to the group. Easy to spot when a healer ports into a mini and all of a sudden someone's health pot goes off. Like you mentioned, it's insignificant in itself, but it does show that tools are still being used.
    Last edited by Anzu; 10th December 2016 at 13:01.

sorry for my reaction, I didn't read your post through. I had a bit too much something yesterday...

yeah, even if people use that autotrigger, it isn't problematic...? any goon could just click the pot whenever they take damage. the problem is that gold pots exist, along with crazy buff pots, as caud pointed out.

anyways nice perspective in the post, siberian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast