Thread: Weapon damage increase from feats

Default Weapon damage increase from feats

Just a clarification folks. All the % weapon damage increase that is referenced in the various feats in both trees, i.e improved manifestations, blood champion, blood fever, rampage etc, does it apply to the weapon only damage or also the combat rating that comes from gear comes into the equation?

Quote Originally Posted by strangerism View Post
    Just a clarification folks. All the % weapon damage increase that is referenced in the various feats in both trees, i.e improved manifestations, blood champion, blood fever, rampage etc, does it apply to the weapon only damage or also the combat rating that comes from gear comes into the equation?
    Weapon damage is completely separate from combat rating.

Combat rating at level 80 will always be 36.6=1dps

Weapon damage is an additive that scales on weapon in main hand's base dps.
    I don't make points I make dents.

Quote Originally Posted by Unutterable View Post
    Weapon damage is completely separate from combat rating.

Combat rating at level 80 will always be 36.6=1dps

Weapon damage is an additive that scales on weapon in main hand's base dps.
    so are you saying weapon damage is neither the weapon only dps value, nor the total combined weapon dps value+ combat rating on weapon, nor the full dps as show in the paper doll?

Does all this means that feat trees and some of the abilities which affect weapon damage percentage don't buffs none of the above?

He means exactly what is said in his post.

If you have a weapon with 150 dps and you get +45% weapon damage from Blood Warrior, that would then work as if you had a weapon with 217,5 dps for the duration of the buff.

Combat rating is a flat buff that is unaffected by weapon damage. Only thing that affects it is critical hit damage. If you have 3660 combat rating, that increases your dps by 100 + (100 * critchance * critdmg).

Example: on my BS I have the Wolf sadism toy, with 132,8 dps. I got mostly tiger gear, with some other faction epics. that strength included gives me 5707 combat rating. This increases the dps shown on general tab with 155,9. With these two added together, plus the base strength stat, destiny quest increases of combat rating, etc; in my case 25.5 dps. These figures add up the total dps that you see on general pane of attributes, that is 316

If I cast my blue heal, and get the blood warrior buff, dps is increased to 375,7. Blood warrior would increase my 132,8 dps weapon to a 192,5 dps weapon for the duration of the buff.

192,5 - 132,8 = 59,7

375,7 - 316 = 59,7

Got it now?

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    He means exactly what is said in his post.

If you have a weapon with 150 dps and you get +45% weapon damage from Blood Warrior, that would then work as if you had a weapon with 217,5 dps for the duration of the buff.

Combat rating is a flat buff that is unaffected by weapon damage. Only thing that affects it is critical hit damage. If you have 3660 combat rating, that increases your dps by 100 + (100 * critchance * critdmg).

Example: on my BS I have the Wolf sadism toy, with 132,8 dps. I got mostly tiger gear, with some other faction epics. that strength included gives me 5707 combat rating. This increases the dps shown on general tab with 155,9. With these two added together, plus the base strength stat, destiny quest increases of combat rating, etc; in my case 25.5 dps. These figures add up the total dps that you see on general pane of attributes, that is 316

If I cast my blue heal, and get the blood warrior buff, dps is increased to 375,7. Blood warrior would increase my 132,8 dps weapon to a 192,5 dps weapon for the duration of the buff.

192,5 - 132,8 = 59,7

375,7 - 316 = 59,7

Got it now?
    yes got it. indeed it is exactly what he said ahah
    thanks a lot