Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need support build

Default Need support build

Hello guys,came back to AoC after 3 or 4 years with some friends and decided to go for healer so we could have general setup for dungeons.I'm making my way to khitai epic set (yag&sc),currently using a veng/gen build that proves great in solo stuff and some other activity but feels lagging in group.DPS isn't an issue but mana managment is(spellveawing mana tap makes it runnable tho).Since i have 2nd feat tree available i'd like to have some more group friendly builds available or whatever seems like a great choice for pom these days.Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Faeyr View Post
    Hello guys,came back to AoC after 3 or 4 years with some friends and decided to go for healer so we could have general setup for dungeons.I'm making my way to khitai epic set (yag&sc),currently using a veng/gen build that proves great in solo stuff and some other activity but feels lagging in group.DPS isn't an issue but mana managment is(spellveawing mana tap makes it runnable tho).Since i have 2nd feat tree available i'd like to have some more group friendly builds available or whatever seems like a great choice for pom these days.Thanks!
    You just need some better gear, that will solve some of the mana issues. I still would stay away from Divinity unless your doing an instance where you specifically need something. Mind of Clarity is garbage and has too long a cool down, and other than a few feats Divinity is really crap DPS now with support skills that sound good but really have minimal impact. Lance for example, is 10 points of trash. Holy Cleansing sounds great, but for many encounters can be worthless. You will have better mana management with Divinity, but losing all the great feats from deep in vengeance and general is not a great trade off. You will essentially become a heal bot with the DPS of a Guard in D-Stance. If you want to play it that way, I guess you could but seems pretty gimp to me.

Divine Halo is about the only thing worth it in Divinity. So lesson here is, unless you know the encounter will be easier or demands a certain Divinity feat, stay away from it.

As for PvP, Divinity now is a complete waste of time.
    Doomsayer 2008

Mana is always an issue for pom, you really need to be careful, run potions all the time, and get the mana tap buff from spellweave as much as possible.
    When I don't care about dps I run something like this : http://goo.gl/O2ZgYw

You get good support tools from the divinity tree, holy cleansing for protection, divine halo & lance of mitra for healing, light of mitra for mana regen, blessing of mitra which helps the tank. From the general tree, you get a bit of protection, hate increase for your tanks and 500 more health for the group.

The key if you struggle with mana is to keep light of mitra feated. If you don't like the general tree but would like more dps, move the points from general to the vengeance tree instead. In that case you can drop the points from lance of mitra and pick vengeful blessing, clarity of mind and force of will too.

My usual dps build is this : http://goo.gl/UrTUq
    Kaleeh PoM - Resolved Guard - Reducia Sin

Well i played pom a bit ages ago and to be honest didnt find even then divinity attractive.So i should stick to veng/gen...One last question,does Immortal wrath and vengeance of gods stack?

I don't think you can ever say veng tree is related to "supportive" at all. If you play a pom in veng/gen it really like playing a ranger selfishly.

Best support build in both pve/pvp is still div/veng imo. Best thing of Divinity in pvp is you can doing both offensive/defensive thing at the same time. e.g Attacks for divine halo while it auto heals your team. Holy cleansing mixed with shield to provide bubble like protection for whole group and offer condemnation/aoe burst, etc. Div pom is definitely a game changer.

In pve, dps of divinity/gen is not worse than veng/gen at all. Sometimes div pom can even be an offtank. Imo pom's true name should be "guardian", with a good supportive div pom in yr group, it will make life much more easy.
    Henryx Guardian
    Henryau Pom
    Henryz Barb
    Henryuki Hox
    Henryn Necro
    Crom
    - Henryx Age of Conan Youtube -
    - Henryx Age of Conan Blog -

good divinity/ven pom's will outdps vengeance poms by miles, while still doing good support

hmm..so many different opinions ,since i have 2nd tree available,should i take the div/veng that redpoo provided or somebody has any variation to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Faeyr View Post
    hmm..so many different opinions ,since i have 2nd tree available,should i take the div/veng that redpoo provided or somebody has any variation to it?
    I thought your initial issues were mana management and support spells which is why I suggested the div/general build.
    I believe the div/vengeance build I linked is the best dps build, but it's very mana intensive.
    Kaleeh PoM - Resolved Guard - Reducia Sin

Quote Originally Posted by redpooo View Post
    I thought your initial issues were mana management and support spells which is why I suggested the div/general build.
    I believe the div/vengeance build I linked is the best dps build, but it's very mana intensive.
    yes they were but with my current build and spamming mana tap on spellveawe i can handle it well now ,i still have that 2nd tree free so i'm open to any advice.

I would recommend this for supportive pve, light of mitra regens mana/energy which enable your whole group to spellweave forever.
    Don't pick empowered repulse, repulse cd is too long to be efficient and +kb range is just a noob behavior to make tank harder to group up mobs.
    Condemnation is still the soul of divinity pom, always try to sw for the extra aoe dmg/range of cf/condem , cleansing fire+holycleansing+double condemnation can really burn everything to dust.
    When you see dmg numbers flying everywhere you will know it is the best timing to tap mana.

http://goo.gl/W84Xxw
    Henryx Guardian
    Henryau Pom
    Henryz Barb
    Henryuki Hox
    Henryn Necro
    Crom
    - Henryx Age of Conan Youtube -
    - Henryx Age of Conan Blog -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast