Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Letter of the Month from game director

I would like to know what an "elitist fight" is.Probably requiring ~24 people to play their classes at 50% or less of their potential for an easy kill of a last boss in a tier after 5 other tiers of raiding ... well i guess that's what you get after removing all requirements to actually learn the game a bit and replace it with farming all those alts for no reason at all except "getting gear" .Kylliki could use some adjustments to make the "intended" tactic the way to kill it ,kiting like 25-40 adds around just seems silly to me but it is the easiest way to do it .

Vistrix is fine,there is a number of different tactics to deal with each element of the fight and i m saying this while watching our alt raid making a mighty mess of it and wiping a lot every week ,i d rather have people learn and step up their game a bit than furthering the current trend of making everything dead easy and then calling nerfs when reaching the slightest hint of challenge ...

Its obviously not meant to be able to kite adds, confirmed by cirith himself, its an error in the making. This time it made a lot of raidforces use a "cheesy t2-difficulty" tactic to kill it, if it was an error that made it too hard on the other hand ppl would q.q, but now when it's waaaay too easy its elitist to ask for fix? Jesus.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

T5 is just fine. It's the second newest raid and it rewards with very powerful gear for most classes. It's not meant to be super easy. What could be done something with in T5 though is the portals, so that you won't have to run the long way after wiping on Vistrix but get zoned to the lair entrance when you enter first port at respad. If you die in T5, you've done ****ed up on some mechanic. Learn and improve, that's not elitist. Thats progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Battleaxe View Post
    hello Tilty,

Please, can we have news about :
    - the new arena system;
    - the new raid search ;
    - the new craft system ( abandoned work ? ) ;
    - the new pvp progression , R10 to R15 (is it a dream ? ) ;
    - at least a new pvp map (mini) ;
    - the new AA progression ;
    - and perhaps measures against cheaters ?

Please Tilty, do not let us die in the night of ignorance ....
    1. in one year (maybe)

2. in one year (maybe)

3. will never happen (crafting revamp became Conan Exiles)

4. will never happen (because it costs time and money investment)

5. will never happen (because it costs time and money investment)

6. will never happen (because it costs time and money investment, they rather give us more rings for 40€ to increase AA EXP gain)

7. will never happen (because it costs time and money investment)

I think the letter will look like this... they just try to wrap these information into... beautiful words like "we are working on it".

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    T5 is just fine. It's the second newest raid and it rewards with very powerful gear for most classes. It's not meant to be super easy. What could be done something with in T5 though is the portals, so that you won't have to run the long way after wiping on Vistrix but get zoned to the lair entrance when you enter first port at respad. If you die in T5, you've done ****ed up on some mechanic. Learn and improve, that's not elitist. Thats progression.
    It rewards gear that is, for most classes, barely better, a sidegrade, or plain inferior to T4 gear. That's hardly "very powerful gear". The set bonuses are very good for dps classes, and meh for everyone else.

T5 was the first new raid in ages, and should have revitalized the raiding guilds... instead it killed guilds by being too difficult, with Vistrix proving a huge barrier for most guilds. At least 24 guilds killed Yakhmar and relatively quickly at that, but only 14 killed Vistrix, and for many it took very long months of progression to get there, and I expect some of those guilds can't consistently kill it even now.

The high difficulty isn't as big a problem in T6 because everyone will get to see the raid in the content finder version, and FC was quick to nerf the very hard fights (unicorns and Lotus Domination)

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    The high difficulty isn't as big a problem in T6 because everyone will get to see the raid in the content finder version (...)
    Slightly off topic but not completely. I would like to hear something about this in the next CM/Dev/GD letter. The easy version was originally planned to come out with the normal T6 but it has been 5 months after T6 release and we haven't heard anything about it anymore.

Is this another plan that got scraped?

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    Slightly off topic but not completely. I would like to hear something about this in the next CM/Dev/GD letter. The easy version was originally planned to come out with the normal T6 but it has been 5 months after T6 release and we haven't heard anything about it anymore.

Is this another plan that got scraped?
    I'm curious about this as well, and also how the "easy" mode gear compares to existing T6 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    I'm curious about this as well, and also how the "easy" mode gear compares to existing T6 gear.
    Technically all of T4 is easy mode now...but a T6 easy mode available to the masses would not be able to require more effort/abillity than T4 in its current state.

Otherwise folks could not do it.

So perhaps effort=T4

And perhaps Reward=T4/T5 stat budget

game is ridden with old rusty bugs, mostly networking and matchmaking issues that ruins pvp, and here we are silly talking about raid accessibility and fancy gear. Well lets hope for some good surprise anyway.
    Last edited by strangerism; 8th March 2016 at 21:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    It rewards gear that is, for most classes, barely better, a sidegrade, or plain inferior to T4 gear. That's hardly "very powerful gear". The set bonuses are very good for dps classes, and meh for everyone else.

T5 was the first new raid in ages, and should have revitalized the raiding guilds... instead it killed guilds by being too difficult, with Vistrix proving a huge barrier for most guilds. At least 24 guilds killed Yakhmar and relatively quickly at that, but only 14 killed Vistrix, and for many it took very long months of progression to get there, and I expect some of those guilds can't consistently kill it even now.

The high difficulty isn't as big a problem in T6 because everyone will get to see the raid in the content finder version, and FC was quick to nerf the very hard fights (unicorns and Lotus Domination)
    So T4 isn't very powerful gear? Isn't T4 still some of the best gear you can get in game? Don't you get a rune from T5 that you can use regardless of what gear you wear? I get that some classes don't benefit as much from it as others, but you can't expect a gear gap similar to T3->T4 on newer tiers. That gap was just plain silly. Funcom should have revamped old world gear after Khitai release, or thought things through that even faction stuff would kick the ass of raid gear pre-expansion.

Vistrix just needs four tanks that can rotate agro, 2 x 4 people that can take ports and kill adds properly, someone to use a couple of banes, a non healbot on tank group so he don't spread heart of fire to tanks, and sooner than later boss is dead.

Unicorns and Lotus Domination was fine from before, they tuned the wrong parts of the fights imho. I'd say T5 and T6 is about equal difficulty except Ehtram Fal where it is just too much damage going around the place and tolerances for mistakes are absolute zero.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast