Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Letter of the Month from game director

Funcom

Things got more backed up than expected, sorry about that!
    FuncomAndy 'Odonoptera' Benditt
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @AndyBenditt

Age of Conan Website | Social Guidelines | Customer Service

Odon, maybe we can get some shred of information, or maybe some screenshots?
    There is no more patience to wait...
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

i dont expect anything to be rolled out, anytime soon or ever. just make the game completly f2p

i only care about pvp thats all. so make a new game intended only for pvp!
    iGank

I really thought that the letter would be released in this week... well... with all it's promising of future content... but content is only for dreams here it seems... even if it is just some "community information content".

~"It's all over but the dreaming... poor little dreams that keep trying to come true..."~

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    Wish we had devs to actually ask questions to, if there are even any, oh but wait, they can't be bothered.
    Funny you say that. I was browsing old posts yesterday, and found this:

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Reasons people post more on the TSW forums (which I have also explicitly asked people not to discuss here so let me reiterate this wish)

- Not all devs feel comfortable posting about a game that they don't play. Some of our devs were hired out of the TSW community - they know TSW through and through but they won't feel comfortable discussing AoC with you, even though they are doing work on it.
    - Not all devs post period. The systems guys working on the tradeskill revamp have worked here longer than I have, but they rarely if ever post.

And finally:
    - Devs are more likely to post if people are nice, and these forums have plenty of combative posters.

As Cirith mentioned, there have also been rules in the past which were preventing people posting on the live forums but I have told devs that they are welcome to post if they would like to.

It will never be required, however.
    The emphasis is mine.

More than two years later, nothing changed.
    Short cuts make long delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzu View Post
    Funny you say that. I was browsing old posts yesterday, and found this:

The emphasis is mine.

i guess that it, for now, May the Power of the Cosmos be with You YES YES YES!
    iGank

Quote Originally Posted by Anzu View Post
    Are you talking about the craft-revamp?
    While I agree to Joel's reasoning I have to say that after nearly 7 years of playing this game now and seeing how things got moved up time after time..there's a reason some are bitter. Blaming the community for being like this is a bit too convenient in my eyes. Just sayin'...
    Last edited by Maelkjar; 15th March 2016 at 16:12.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Quote Originally Posted by Maelkjar View Post
    Are you talking about the craft-revamp?
    While I agree to Joel's reasoning I have to say that after 7 years of playing this game now and seeing how things got moved up time after time..there's a reason some are bitter. Blaming the community for being being like this is a bit too convenient in my eyes. Just sayin'...
    Exactly, what would one expect when the last 5 months we have received almost zero in communication especially since Cirth left.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Maybe posters wouldn't be so combative if funcom would actually use the money for anything else besides toilet paper to wipe off crap like Lego Online
    Last edited by slackjoint; 15th March 2016 at 16:22.
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast