Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Is PVP really accessible for all players? Few suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post
    I take a look into my crystal ball and foretell you that again it wont change anything .

As AoC player you basically have 2 options :

1) Accept the game as it is now and see it as "finished"

2) Move to a game that gets regular updates and has a decent company behind
    I can't agree more!

Conan Exiles is Funcoms main priorty, Age of Conan is a no go. We veteran players we know this.
    iGank

I take a look into my crystal ball and foretell you that again it wont change anything .
    With the exception of team signups (which apparently aren't so easy for FC), none of the changes proposed by AggroMagnet require significant developer time. I also don't buy the argument that the PvP T1 set is a major source of income for FC.

So are changes likely? Probably not. But hell, who expected them to ever complete Cetriss. Doesn't hurt to keep this flagged just in case.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Okay, I've done some testing on my own with a fresh 80 lvl tos. About ~110 AA points invested, T1/Khitai purple gear, pvp 0.
    And now I just don't buy that some posters were saying here. My char is dead in one combo, if lucky - 2 or 3. You can score a kill on JS from far away, truth, but other minigames are just pure sadomazo stuff. I've been seeing more of a loading screen than actual gameplay. And skill has nothing to do with it. Rangers, assassins, barbs, necros, demos - you are a free target, and you are gone in 5 seconds. Everybody goes for you, and all you can do is bubble once in 5 mins, because while you cast CC you are already dead.
    It's good to refresh your memory sometimes. Absolutely not playable.

EDIT: Just finished another HV. Opposing team lost because their rogues gone mad about me, farming exclusively me and ignoring other 6-10 pvp lvl teammates. Finished 1-20, what a great game.
    Last edited by miksen; 24th February 2016 at 15:58.

Quote Originally Posted by miksen View Post
    Okay, I've done some testing on my own with a fresh 80 lvl tos. About ~110 AA points invested, T1/Khitai purple gear, pvp 0.
    And now I just don't buy that some posters were saying here. My char is dead in one combo, if lucky - 2 or 3. You can score a kill on JS from far away, truth, but other minigames are just pure sadomazo stuff. I've been seeing more of a loading screen than actual gameplay. And skill has nothing to do with it. Rangers, assassins, barbs, necros, demos - you are a free target, and you are gone in 5 seconds. Everybody goes for you, and all you can do is bubble once in 5 mins, because while you cast CC you are already dead.
    It's good to refresh your memory sometimes. Absolutely not playable.

EDIT: Just finished another HV. Opposing team lost because their rogues gone mad about me, farming exclusively me and ignoring other 6-10 pvp lvl teammates. Finished 1-20, what a great game.
    sorry to disagree, it's not just you vs 6 from opposing team. Where were your team mates when they should support you? Ask yourself, how can I be there supporting (since you are tos) without being noticed? Heck I played a bs in blues with requires me to be melee range to be effective in heals and debuffs, to decent results. Sins/rogues coming for you, well get used to it even in pvp10 they will come for you and one/two shoot u if you not smart. Now buckle up grind those 4 levels and come back to us with your test results, did it make a difference?
    Last edited by strangerism; 24th February 2016 at 17:21.

Quote Originally Posted by strangerism View Post
    sorry to disagree, it's not just you vs 6 from opposing team. Where were your team mates when they should support you? Ask yourself, how can I be there supporting (since you are tos) without being noticed? Heck I played a bs in blues with requires me to be melee range to be effective in heals and debuffs, to decent results. Sins/rogues coming for you, well get used to it even in pvp10 they will come for you and one/two shoot u if you not smart. Now buckle up grind those 4 levels and come back to us with your test results, did it make a difference?
    Of course it will make a difference. And how often do you see teamplay? That's my pve char, I just wanted to get a taste of pvp a newcomer would. Awful.

Quote Originally Posted by miksen View Post
    Of course it will make a difference. And how often do you see teamplay? That's my pve char, I just wanted to get a taste of pvp a newcomer would. Awful.
    I get it that you aren't really interested in the pvp at the end, so I am not sure what are you all about here.

Where were your team mates when they should support you? Ask yourself, how can I be there supporting (since you are tos) without being noticed?
    It's PUG minigames - they were probably off competing to kill the lowbie on the other team, to polish their K/D. What's teamplay?

Also, I slowly leveled my ToS from PvP 0 to PvP 7 over the last year or so. And I noticed a clear difference between my effectiveness in PvP T1 vs PvE gear, and even in PvP T2 vs PvP T1. My assumption is that this is only in part due to stats. More likely than not, another major reason is that, if I have PvP gear and someone else on my team does not, the other team will focus on the poor noob and leave me to my devices (AoEing and healing).
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

I get it that you aren't really interested in the pvp at the end, so I am not sure what are you all about here.
    I have been pvping for years , played a few thousand minigames and I feel what miksen says , for me its mostly quite frustrating to play a my pvp3 tos even with all the relevant AAs maxed.
    You are a big target for simply everyone .
    On my bs at pvp2 with blue gear I was sometimes topping kills in mutilation spec , but tos I find much more difficult (at a low lvl at least)
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

I have been pvping for years , played a few thousand minigames and I feel what miksen says , for me its mostly quite frustrating to play a my pvp3 tos even with all the relevant AAs maxed.
    You are a big target for simply everyone .
    On my bs at pvp2 with blue gear I was sometimes topping kills in mutilation spec , but tos I find much more difficult (at a low lvl at least)
    hearing "how often do you see teamplay" from someone who hasn't played that many mini games, I guess, to downplay the teamplay argument I made speak much about the way he is approaching the argument; not with honesty in my opinion.
    Last edited by strangerism; 24th February 2016 at 18:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    With the exception of team signups (which apparently aren't so easy for FC), none of the changes proposed by AggroMagnet require significant developer time. I also don't buy the argument that the PvP T1 set is a major source of income for FC.

So are changes likely? Probably not. But hell, who expected them to ever complete Cetriss. Doesn't hurt to keep this flagged just in case.
    Ofc it wouldn't take too much development time , but funcom has set their priorities and a list of future updates . Palace of cetriss was in that list at some point . This player wish is not. And as long there is no "check" next to every point of there list there is no hope that those changes will be addressed. The resources are just too limited.
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast