Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: An utter newbie question: Any hints to play PvP as a demonologist?

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Are you for real? Demo has 3 instants including two with a very short CD, it is the most mobile of non melee classes (and that is not up to discussion - it's a simple fact) and by the way melees do damage with finishers not presteps and that does require them to stand still a few seconds as well, you know? You even get a free green heal while kiting... (at least with the most commonly used spec)
    And also with the feated slave pet, health regen is very fast, don't take many seconds out of combat before health replenishes. HfS and Shock are instants, Detonation too if incinerate is on, but limited range on it though.. Shock lance and Bindings are like 0,3 seconds cast time so it counts as instant imo. With the speedbuff, plethora of crowd controls, possible to get 10k health, and an 0,5 sec cast Planar Shift with lots of evade on it feated, and 25% stun/fear resistance... Yeah, really **** PvP class must be. Even I that don't really PvP have a positive KD on my Demo with zero PvP gear.

Cast time of Bindings of Skylord is enough to opponent can hit you and you will be controlled. You just need to stop moving.
    I find interesting some of your statements. Namely: "with the feated slave pet, health regen is very fast" and about the demo "super bubble" Planar Shift that you can use 1 time in five minutes. And, once again, let us not forget that we are talking about the group PvP, not the duel 1 v 1.
    Last edited by Ernests; 29th February 2016 at 11:04.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    And also with the feated slave pet, health regen is very fast, don't take many seconds out of combat before health replenishes. HfS and Shock are instants, Detonation too if incinerate is on, but limited range on it though.. Shock lance and Bindings are like 0,3 seconds cast time so it counts as instant imo. With the speedbuff, plethora of crowd controls, possible to get 10k health, and an 0,5 sec cast Planar Shift with lots of evade on it feated, and 25% stun/fear resistance... Yeah, really **** PvP class must be. Even I that don't really PvP have a positive KD on my Demo with zero PvP gear.
    Yeah I didn't mention the other "very fast" casts :P but I did have them in mind when I said the class has superb mobility.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    Cast time of Bindings of Skylord is enough to opponent can hit you and you will be controlled. You just need to stop moving.
    I find interesting some of your statements. Namely: "with the feated slave pet, health regen is very fast" and about the demo "super bubble" Planar Shift that you can use 1 time in five minutes. And, once again, let us not forget that we are talking about the group PvP, not the duel 1 v 1.
    I don't think all the PoM, Necro, HoX, ToS can hear you. Like they can ever do 5 direct damage spells in under 1 second time, where one of them is a crowd control.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    I don't think all the PoM, Necro, HoX, ToS can hear you. Like they can ever do 5 direct damage spells in under 1 second time, where one of them is a crowd control.
    I agree with you, but unfortunately it is not enough to show sufficient teamplay results. Try bring down good geared tank only with instant casts to see how long it will take. Repeat the same with good healer, who use bubbles and all the time fills his HP. Then you will understand what I'm talking about. When you play against a serious team with 2 healers and 2 tanks, the benefit of your instant casts is close to zero. But once you stop moving to cast something more serious, opponents will catch up with you.
    Last edited by Ernests; 29th February 2016 at 17:02.

I agree with you, but unfortunately it is not enough to show sufficient teamplay results. Try bring down good geared tank only with instant casts to see how long it will take. Repeat the same with good healer, who use bubbles and all the time fills his HP. Then you will understand what I'm talking about. When you play against a serious team with 2 healers and 2 tanks, the benefit of your instant casts is close to zero. But once you stop moving to cast something more serious, opponents will catch up with you.
    You should able to bring down a ToS of equal skill level, otherwise you are doing something wrong.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Everyone experienced player can display the screenshot of the same kind. Farming of noobs can be done successfully with any class.
    You'd better show the video as you play PvP festival against Night Watch or CoE team, for example in the middle arena of Bori
    Last edited by Ernests; 1st March 2016 at 11:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopsing View Post
    2 Guardians with 0-25, Fury is special.
    Kinaputten

Everyone experienced player can display the screenshot of the same kind. Farming of noobs can be done successfully with any class.
    You'd better show the video as you play PvP festival against Night Watch or CoE team, for example in the middle arena of Bori
    Hm, I like Steven Spielberg movies better than Charlie Chaplin.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast