Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should I change to Crom ?

Default Should I change to Crom ?

Hi all, i recently started playing again after like 5 years lol. I started a new character on Fury , because I generally play pvp servers. However after 45 lvls the world is pretty much a ghost town. Just wondering if Crom is alot more populated ?? Or maybe everyone is just hanging out in one high end area I have yet to pass through ? I would swap and sacrifice the pvp for people to play with lol, right now its like im playing damn SKYRIM. Thanks for your time and relpys, have a nice day.

Aoc hardly deserves the first "M" in mmorpg anyway , but yes if you want to do anything besides minigames and occasional open world pvp then move to Crom
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post
    Aoc hardly deserves the first "M" in mmorpg anyway , but yes if you want to do anything besides minigames and occasional open world pvp then move to Crom
    definitely go to Crom, in Fury it's just lvl80s doing minis and open world pvp in the selected festival areas (the same five that alternates every day) but population is so low that it boils down to doing pvp with the same 20-30 people every day.

I wish there would be a revival on Fury, I don't think there has been one for a long time now. Moving to Crom you will find more people...but the end game is a lot more boring (unless you love raiding). The no open world pvp of Crom is making AoC just like every other mmo game with no open world action. This is why Conan Exiles will be worth the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Cropt View Post
    I wish there would be a revival on Fury, I don't think there has been one for a long time now. Moving to Crom you will find more people...but the end game is a lot more boring (unless you love raiding). The no open world pvp of Crom is making AoC just like every other mmo game with no open world action. This is why Conan Exiles will be worth the wait.
    The only way there would be a revival is if they heavily invest money into fixing all pvp aspects and adding solid content. Also heavily promoting it, but honestly that time has come and gone for that to happen.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Cropt View Post
    The no open world pvp of Crom is making AoC just like every other mmo game with no open world action.
    In fact, open world pvp on Crom (through the PvP Festival) is just as alive as on empty Fury. During the festival there is actively dueling just like in the old days on Keshata. Oh, memories...
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Most low level areas on Crom will be ghost towns too, there are not that much people around in these playfields.

I'm still pretty new to the game and play on Crom.

My highest level character is now 52 and I have seen plenty of folks out and about while I am adventuring in the lower level areas. There's been a few times, usually on the weekend, that it's been difficult to even get quest updates because of so many running around working on the same quests. I'm not saying that it's jam packed or anything but I've seen plenty of others playing in the areas I've been in.
    Hrulfr - Bear Shaman of Crom

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    Most low level areas on Crom will be ghost towns too, there are not that much people around in these playfields.
    ironically they are also the most immersive and true to conan parts of the game, also the most fun to pvp, but thanks to long term end game raiding development pve ppl only log for, the game became totally uninteresting beside end game gear and other people moved on, 90% of the game potential was wasted for spoiled 5% of the initial population.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrulfr View Post
    I'm still pretty new to the game and play on Crom.

My highest level character is now 52 and I have seen plenty of folks out and about while I am adventuring in the lower level areas. There's been a few times, usually on the weekend, that it's been difficult to even get quest updates because of so many running around working on the same quests. I'm not saying that it's jam packed or anything but I've seen plenty of others playing in the areas I've been in.
    But you can't tell that a real "MMORPG-Population", some self-made Minecraft (non-international)servers have more people online at nights than AoC on Worldboss times. Even around 1 year ago when I had a premium account I was quiet actively doing groups and it was so confusing when you got tells by the same people over and over again, sometimes even for weeks. It felt like I was playing the game with the sam 20 players the whole time while searching random people in global chat with several different characters (so they were not sending me tells because they knew my name since I got 12 different characters with completely different names).

In NPH I sometimes see people complaining about the low popultaion (even on Crom), some even say it feels like a single player game xD
    I really don't want to know what people think about AoC when they start the game for the first time and randomly pick Rage as server... they are probably just uninstalling the game after 1 hour ingame.

I wont say you can't play the game anymore, thats totally not true. You can still do any aspect of the game on Crom but lets see how long it takes until Crom becomes the same desert as the other two servers too.
    Last edited by xCodename; 20th February 2016 at 01:15.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast