Thread: Chat server issue

Default Chat server issue

Having issues lately with frequent disconnects from the chat server. During a raid, it can happen 3-4 times or more, causing me to not being able to see new text in chats, or being able to type in the chat channels. Anyone got any tips how to avoid this?

Relog maybe will fix problem
    iGank

When it happened to me or my friends it was pretty much always an ISP issue, solved by using a VPN (or switching ISP, when applicable ).

AoC runs on a number of different servers with different IPs (ranging from 37.18.192.0 to 37.18.193.254). So while you may have good connectivity with the IP used by the playfield in which you're playing (in other words you can play just fine), you may still have poor or even zero connectivity with the IP used by the chat server. I'm not saying this is always what's happening (we know FC and bizarre bugs go hand in hand!) but if it's happening to you alone there is a good chance that this is exactly the problem.

Since sometimes relogging actually fixes it, I suspect it is a case of packet loss forcing the connection to be dropped by the client or the server (and by relogging you re-initiate it).
    Last edited by kalston; 23rd February 2016 at 19:30.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Relogging fixes it.. Ok, will try with a low security VPN to the eastcoast.