Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. dungeons

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralFear View Post
    Every lfg for uc dungeon I see calls for AAs, gear and experience. I interpret this to be experience with the dungeon, which I usually don't have, and don't know how to get since I'm not gonna get intoa group without it.
    I always look for ppl with experience, because most of the time I'm not in the mood to explain the tactics for strangers. With my friends we are mostly communicating on TS, I explained dungeon and raid tactics a dozen times already. If you would like to learn, the best what you can do is to join a guild and ask ppl to help or go online, check the tactics and watch some videos. But if you see someone looking for experienced players, be respectful and don't join if you have no idea about the dungeon or raid.

Quote Originally Posted by netsike View Post
    - New players are NOT motivated to do any dungeons: the only thing they have to do is to join a guild, getting dragged through T4 and gear up. Well done! I know more and more players, who have T4 gear but just have experience in mona runs...
    I always look for ppl with experience, because most of the time I'm not in the mood to explain the tactics for strangers.
    And you blame Funcom. You shouldn't be surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

The UC epic gear is actually quite good for most of the classes, but yes, the fact that it's luck based made it unpopular. Too bad, because I like these runs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    I didn't find there's nothing special for full T4 demo.
    yes, the gear is quite good, but, as Kattas said, not as good as t4... and at the moment it takes a lot more effort to get unchained gear than t4...

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    The only interesting thing is Ring of Ancient Python, that may be appropriate used in T5/T6 raids to survival. But I really can repeat unchained runs hundreds of times and never get this ring
    agree. i got that ring on 2 characters, but i've done the quests very often and still i feel i've been lucky, because i know a lot of people that farmed those dungeons a lot more than me, and got none.

imo, to make the dungeons interesting again they should remove the luck factor, maybe turning the quest reward boxes into some kind of token and adding a vendor, and improving the gear to t4 level.
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Honestly can't see why they decided to implement those ****ing lottery boxes. What was wrong with getting "x" rare relics for "y" job? I liked the aspect of having a number to relate to. 192 rares for a head or chest armor - fine. Lets do that. Now, it takes from 2-4 hours depending on group skill to clear those four instances and maybe a few regroups have to be done since some have this quest others don't need that, etc.. And a completely luck based crap box that you will be without progress towards what you seek if you don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Honestly can't see why they decided to implement those ****ing lottery boxes. What was wrong with getting "x" rare relics for "y" job? I liked the aspect of having a number to relate to. 192 rares for a head or chest armor - fine. Lets do that. Now, it takes from 2-4 hours depending on group skill to clear those four instances and maybe a few regroups have to be done since some have this quest others don't need that, etc.. And a completely luck based crap box that you will be without progress towards what you seek if you don't get it.
    Cutting corners means they don't have to make a npc vendor. Lottery boxes saves them time. I agree they are terrible and the luck based roll is 99% worthless. I doubt this will ever change.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

I always look for ppl with experience, because most of the time I'm not in the mood to explain the tactics for strangers. With my friends we are mostly communicating on TS, I explained dungeon and raid tactics a dozen times already. If you would like to learn, the best what you can do is to join a guild and ask ppl to help or go online, check the tactics and watch some videos. But if you see someone looking for experienced players, be respectful and don't join if you have no idea about the dungeon or raid.
    Still i find it a bit excluding, if you "require" certain things up front (like the gear/aa/xp required thing). For example with tactics, if you are leader, you can ask in group if others can explain or can link a script. Also you could ask people how many wipes or gathering time they are comfortable with. Of course it is good, that you state this with such a clause up front, but also you should be able (if you are leader) to adapt to different situations along the motto "any try" is better than waiting or not trying. People learn by mistakes (wipes) too (hopefully yes, but usually yes too).
    This goes both ways, so as you say be respectful. I would not say "don't join", but rather "don't lie" and "ask first", if you have no experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Still i find it a bit excluding, if you "require" certain things up front (like the gear/aa/xp required thing). For example with tactics, if you are leader, you can ask in group if others can explain or can link a script. Also you could ask people how many wipes or gathering time they are comfortable with. Of course it is good, that you state this with such a clause up front, but also you should be able (if you are leader) to adapt to different situations along the motto "any try" is better than waiting or not trying. People learn by mistakes (wipes) too (hopefully yes, but usually yes too).
    This goes both ways, so as you say be respectful. I would not say "don't join", but rather "don't lie" and "ask first", if you have no experience.
    Most of the time when someone joined without experience, I explained everything shortly in the chat or on TS. I've never kicked ppl because they screwed up something. But if the unexperienced player doesn't say a word and after the first or the second wipe you ask "do you know what you have to do?" and the answer is "no", ofc I'm getting angry. I've never ever joined a group or raid like I'm trying to hide that I'm not familiar with the tactics.

But the problem is not these players, who join your group to learn. It's the worsening player base, where a lot of ppl think, that being good geared = being a good player. That's false.

I agree with the observation, dungeon pugs seem less frequent now, than say 6 months ago.
    Whether this is related to the raid nerf or not, I cannot say.
    When it comes out, the group finder should alleviate this issue I suppose.
    Kaleeh PoM - Resolved Guard - Reducia Sin

The loot available is way too limited to allow FC to open up the whole lot to grind (tokens). The ONLY way that the different instances will have value is through the crafting revamp (which we all know isn't gonna happen). Rare crafting material drops in these instances combined with a token and recipe system would sort this lot out. Carry that through to the raids and you have the start of a progression loop. Daily/weekly dungeon completion giving token rewards could be included as well.

I suspect that this is all too much work for FC, on an 8 year old title that has been problematic to manipulate from the start. Look at T5.....
    Drinn(BS), Septra(ToS), Maelmordha(DT), Prinn(Demo), Krinn(Sin), Grinn(G) plus many others....

But the problem is not these players, who join your group to learn. It's the worsening player base, where a lot of ppl think, that being good geared = being a good player. That's false.
    The problem is that when you look for "XP", you exclude the former but not the latter.

But then it's difficult to distinguish between people who are courteous and willing to learn from idiots before they join your group. "XP or willingness to learn", maybe?
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast