Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. dungeons

Most people don't like to be adviced. Also, posting parses in many guilds is disliked and somewhere even forbidden, so there's good chance that people don't know if they do enough dps or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Maly View Post
    Most people don't like to be adviced. Also, posting parses in many guilds is disliked and somewhere even forbidden, so there's good chance that people don't know if they do enough dps or not.
    Yes I guess some raid leaders don't like parses so people won't get competetive. But mostly it's because they are terrible players themselves and won't have any parses in raid chat to show everyone exactly how much they suck, heheh..

Quote Originally Posted by Maly View Post
    I find it pretty stupid to be not allowed to post parsers, sure some people are real "damagewh*res" who only focus on damage, draw aggro and die instantly just to have a good number to present in the damage parser, in many cases damage isn't really important, group play is more important. But in some cases, there is damage needed because the mechanic of the boss want's it that way. If your group is getting more than 4 burn skin for 25% in Flame there IS a problem with the damage and when I see a Barbarian and a PoM doing only 300 dps while having full T2 gear I wonder what they do. Damage parsers can help to improve playing your character and are a great analysis to show if you understand the basics of your class (doing medicore damage or healing) or if you have advanced skills in the playstyle of you class. But as I said, this is not everything, I rather have a medicore damage doing healer in my group who actually uses heal / support spells and keeps his group alive than one damagewh*re healer who is topped in healing by a guardian.
    Last edited by xCodename; 21st February 2016 at 14:40.

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    I find it pretty stupid to be not allowed to post parsers, sure some people are real "damagewh*res" who only focus on damage, draw aggro and die instantly just to have a good number to present in the damage parser, in many cases damage isn't really important, group play is more important. But in some cases, there is damage needed because the mechanic of the boss want's it that way. If your group is getting more than 4 burn skin for 25% in Flame there IS a problem with the damage and when I see a Barbarian and a PoM doing only 300 dps while having full T2 gear I wonder what they do. Damage parsers can help to improve playing your character and are a great analysis to show if you understand the basics of your class (doing medicore damage or healing) or if you have advanced skills in the playstyle of you class. But as I said, this is not everything, I rather have a medicore damage doing healer in my group who actually uses heal / support spells and keeps his group alive than one damagewh*re healer who is topped in healing by a guardian.
    Your example is flawed since it's a damage loss for healers not to use their heals. For many fights it's possible to do decent damage while healing just fine, unlike the many healers who constantly stay in a healing spec even when there's no need.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    Your example is flawed since it's a damage loss for healers not to use their heals. For many fights it's possible to do decent damage while healing just fine, unlike the many healers who constantly stay in a healing spec even when there's no need.
    I mean healings like the burst, green heal (takes 2 seconds for ToS and PoM and you wont get a damage boost from it) or the celestial gaze. And even if the blue heal is doing some damage, there are many healers out there that are at 1. spot on the damage parser list but still forget that they are healers and use their blue heal like 1 or 2 times in a 5 minutes boss fight.
    My ToS can easily do 1000DPS without using the blue heal once in a fight, but it's not my job to be another demo, a ToS should still be capable of using heals / support spells in a fight.
    Last edited by xCodename; 21st February 2016 at 18:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Most of the problem with the guilds who didn't get past bosses pre-nerf had the common problem of not being able to tell the friends they raid with that they aren't good enough on their class and should play something less demanding. We've all seen the Priests of Mitra and Bear Shamans that are under Guardians on damage done. Babarians that cannot excel in AoE fights, or ToS that don't use Storm Field. The biggest problem is often tanking, and if these same horrible players are maintanks for their guilds on T5 and T6 they won't ever never get those encounters on farm either.

If you got the tanking sorted and a RL who can make groups effective through synergies, all of the game is beatable if enough determination and persistence comes through. All encounters are built on "do this, avoid stuff, don't do that" and in the end boss dies.. Removal of mechanics don't make better players! Sensible nerfs to mechanics makes people learn to handle them at a less punishing rate.

If someone suck at their class and keeps being unable to do their job in a raid properly, educate them to get better! I have played with tanks that don't know difference of protection and physical fights, that don't know how to use Goad or Dread Shadows, that don't know the importance of a good combo rotation and weight of stats on gear. These guys are the reason why guilds are stuck on progress and sometimes the hard thing is needed to be done for the greater good of a guild.

Raids that could not do Zodiac or Emperor before nerf, can never get past Vistrix in his current state.
    Well persistence might count is some things but we easily beat zodiac and cleared T4, We Persisted on VISSY for a year, losing players and retraining others so PERSISTANCE, DESIRE and WILL are not what can get it done, you need good players and a consistent raid force if your going to kill Vissy, training new folks every week on the strat won't get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Feadara View Post
    Just curious if the guild you are applying to at the moment is aware of that?
    Lol, busted!

Quote Originally Posted by sugarspice View Post
    Well persistence might count is some things but we easily beat zodiac and cleared T4, We Persisted on VISSY for a year, losing players and retraining others so PERSISTANCE, DESIRE and WILL are not what can get it done, you need good players and a consistent raid force if your going to kill Vissy, training new folks every week on the strat won't get the job done.
    Ok, then you need to single out the guys that don't do good enough job, shift him/her to a different task or simply train him / replace him.

Vistrix isn't that hard if;

Tanks don't slack, burst agro at start to secure masters call, trade agro, watch for rake, spread at funeral flames explotion. If one masters call get spawned on dps group, that guy is either doing immense damage, or you got a problem with one of the tanks.
    Dps don't overdo dps before first masters call, don't deliberately take masters call and don't fail on banes
    Adds are managed (necros, oneshots, get them off maintanks)
    People don't spread heart of fire (especially to tank group) take care if you are either of the two add groups that ports
    Move right or left after each tartarous vapors and don't die in stupid eruption

Vistrix is a tanks fight, definitely. One slacker at boss and you can't do it.

For new people, doing the port to adds job or dps job is pretty simple. Get rooted, in front of bane user, move out of eruption, repeat. Take port to adds when it is your turn.

Everything is on Youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Ok, then you need to single out the guys that don't do good enough job, shift him/her to a different task or simply train him / replace him.

Vistrix isn't that hard if;

Tanks don't slack, burst agro at start to secure masters call, trade agro, watch for rake, spread at funeral flames explotion. If one masters call get spawned on dps group, that guy is either doing immense damage, or you got a problem with one of the tanks.
    Dps don't overdo dps before first masters call, don't deliberately take masters call and don't fail on banes
    Adds are managed (necros, oneshots, get them off maintanks)
    People don't spread heart of fire (especially to tank group) take care if you are either of the two add groups that ports
    Move right or left after each tartarous vapors and don't die in stupid eruption

Vistrix is a tanks fight, definitely. One slacker at boss and you can't do it.

For new people, doing the port to adds job or dps job is pretty simple. Get rooted, in front of bane user, move out of eruption, repeat. Take port to adds when it is your turn.

Everything is on Youtube.
    Yes, I understand this, BUT, when you can't put up a solid raid force because of folks leaving the game or getting recruited to "guilds that have it on farm" then your NOT going to get it done, I know its NOT that hard, but to be honest no matter how loyal and great your guild members are, they can't hang tough more than a year while you keep failing on the same boss. There are LESS and LESS competent folks to recruit when you LOSE a player for WHATEVER reason, that puts everyone really in the same boat because sooner or later (which was my POINT, NOT THIS WHINE) you better train up those new folks because they will be who you get to choose.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarspice View Post
    Yes, I understand this, BUT, when you can't put up a solid raid force because of folks leaving the game or getting recruited to "guilds that have it on farm" then your NOT going to get it done, I know its NOT that hard, but to be honest no matter how loyal and great your guild members are, they can't hang tough more than a year while you keep failing on the same boss. There are LESS and LESS competent folks to recruit when you LOSE a player for WHATEVER reason, that puts everyone really in the same boat because sooner or later (which was my POINT, NOT THIS WHINE) you better train up those new folks because they will be who you get to choose.
    Please, refrain from using capslock on some of your words. Makes it very tiresome to read, at least for me.

Sadly there is no right for any guild to be doing all content in any game. Encounters are defeated by players that deal enough damage and manage to stay alive. You can't blame the good players that stuck with a casual guild for a long period of time, when they want to move on to see the other encounters in the game. They invest RL time & money into a game and they want to see all sides of it. It's like a football team, you can't have lack of goals or a leaky defense if you are aiming for the title.

You can't recruit anyone but guildhoppers in this game, unless you can snatch up someone from a guild disband. Best things are often to merge guilds, but that can be challenging if the guild consists of mostly casual players, they often won't make the standards a raid guild demands in attendance and performance. Got to accept that playing progression raids and the hardest content demands a lot of time and research, raidlogging for the odd wednesday and try for three hours with 30 minutes late start and lots of afk/break between tries won't make much progress.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast