Thread: Red bars

Default Red bars

red bars red bars and red bars. Any solution?

I noticed this again just after last server restart.

Is it my client ****ed, do I have to reinstall (which I won't do anyway) or router issues? I have noticed that once restarting my router this problem went away for a while but then comes back, but then for a whole week latency was fine so I cant really tell at this point.

yours truly,

RED BARS

Still having the red bars problems. It's frequent and it really ruins the game in minis especially, one can imagine. I don't know what is it, I can play for hours sometime with no issue at all and then all sudden start having huge latency spikes that carry on for a while. Nothing moves, banding and one can't use abilities. I just wanted to ask if anyone has this or is something on my end really.

According to my experience and from what I noticed from others this is just normal
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Yeah and according to the EULA we all agreed on when we started the game;

FUNCOM SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INTERRUPTIONS OF SERVICE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION- ISP DISRUPTIONS, SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE FAILURES, OR ANY OTHER EVENT WHICH MAY RESULT IN A LOSS OF DATA OR DISRUPTION OF SERVICE.

http://www.ageofconan.com/corporate/license_agreement

Other than the obvious thing of being sure your computer and connection are working like they should, and assuming that you have a computer and connection capable of running the game smoothly, the only thing I can suggest is going into the Options screen, click on Misc and then set the background download speed to something that's somewhat less then the max speed of your connection. May or may not help but it's worth a shot.

Because of the way the game's assets get cached to disk as you play you may experience what seems to be connection lag, aka red bars, when the game is writing to disk especially in new areas or when encountering new outfits/gear, emotes or animations or if the disk itself is slow. Once these things are cached that should be the end of it however unless you change video settings, delete the cache file or re-install. Not saying this is the problem just that's it a possibility.

Some anti-virus programs can interfere with/slow down AoC as well. Mine works better when I set an exception for the AoC directory and executables so it isn't constantly scanning what AoC is doing.
    Last edited by Raeil; 16th February 2016 at 21:02.

Local performance issues should cause fps drops not latency issues. If you use wireless, connect a cable. If you or others on your network use youtube or torrenting while you game, don't.