Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Factions for a Ranger?

Post Best Factions for a Ranger?

So I'm trying to get the best bang for the buck out of my ranger factions.
    Any recommendations as to the best factions for a Ranger?

Please include Armor; Bow and Arrows.
    Maybe even a sword and shield.

Thanks for your input in advance.

~IronSites
    Last edited by IronImpailer; 13th February 2016 at 21:21.
    We have only one lifetime to get it right?
    I say no, there is too much to be done in one lifetime!

~IronSites

Tiger's armor
    Brittle Blade XBow / Wolves Bow
    Scarlet Circle Ammo

http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/armory.php
    Kaleeh PoM - Resolved Guard - Reducia Sin

You should try to get a T2 - T3 bow because the wolves bow as well as the brittle blade crossbow are far too expenisve for too low stats. The raid weapons are far more viable than these faction weapons.
    About armor: Tiger Set for damage, Hyrkanian Set for constitution and Yag-Kosha Set for protection.
    You'll get around 37 milestones for the ring while farming rares and so on so get the milestone quest ring (with dex ofc) and if you need another good ring go for the Yello Priests of Yun faction (You have to decide whether you get the ring first or some protection items from the Yag-Kosha faction since you can only rank up one of them at the same time). A necklace you can get from the Scholars of Cheng Ho (but is optional since you can't rank up Tamarin's Tiger at the same time)
    Ammunation you can get from the Scarlet Circle.
    Cape is optional from the Last Legion (same goes for these, you can only rank up SC for ammo or the Legion for the cape) since you can get one easily from Vile Nativity.

You can buy a sword from the tigers but don't buy that... you will never really use a sword and it looks... crappy. (Get a T4 sword, looks cooler and is better)
    Last edited by xCodename; 12th February 2016 at 15:57.

Join Memory Cloud/Entity runs, I believe both the bow and arrows drop off Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Join Memory Cloud/Entity runs, I believe both the bow and arrows drop off Entity.
    Yeah the bow drops at entity (crossbow from emperor)... but you should have some khitai gear to go there, well, atleast before the nerfs you had to... I haven't played any payed content since then, so no clue how hard the nerfs were xD

Arrows and crossbow drop at Emperor, and bow and bolts drop at Entity.

Bow, arrows and bolts drop from Enitity.

arrows drop from emperor. in case of doubt, check Aoc>TV: Armory...

about the original post, you'll want to take tamarin tigers (armor), scarlet circle (arrows/bolts), brittle blade (ring) and yellow priests (ring). about hyrkanians/wolves, just pick the one you like most. you're not going to get anything useful from any of them.
    also, don't forget the jang-shi ring. it's a must if you want to raid the higher tiers (t5/t6).

for the weapons, if you can't join t3.5/t4 pugs, try to get them from t2/t3 raids or world boss. don't buy the bb xbow or the wolves bow. bb xbow is total crap, while the wolves bow is not that bad, but it still misses the +5 range. also the tiger's sword is a waste of money and rares.

the best cloak you can get without raids is the one that drops in vile nativity. if you're really unlucky and you already have what you want from scarlet circle, you can switch faction and get the last legion one, but i'd not really recommend it.

for the necklace, once you got what you want from tigers, you can switch to cheng-ho, unless you already got a better one from raids. also, there's a useful survivability necklace that drops in ardashir fort.

as a side note: the blue accessories that you get from the crow's nest quests are very good, until you can get the epic ones.
    Last edited by Yawgmoth-VDN; 13th February 2016 at 09:29.
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

I have no doubt; the arrows drop from entity.

Thumbs up

I would like to give a big "thank you" out to all the great and insightful responses!
    There are some really knowledgeable veteran players in this game and I thank you for sharing.

One follow up question...

I'm currently in T1 and T2 gear. I almost have all my needed AAs researched to be the rogue in K6s (I have Finely Honed, just waiting on Tainted Weapons to finish).
    I want to do max DPS but have been unlucky on previous drops and I'm still stuck with a T1 bow and arrows.

If I want to max my damage should I just go for all Tiger's armor?
    Will this make me too much of a glass cannon?

I'm trying to do what I can to get my gear outside of raids because the drop rate in raids is very undependable.
    I dont think I have the patience to grind out a whole other set of armor either.

Thanks again
    Last edited by IronImpailer; 13th February 2016 at 21:26.
    We have only one lifetime to get it right?
    I say no, there is too much to be done in one lifetime!

~IronSites

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast