Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Marketing and how it is effecting the presentation of the game.

With a small population, I don't think an advertisement when launching this game to go buy/play a different game is such a good idea. That place should be used to announce new content, patches, downtime, specials, and events.
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    For what it's worth, the new arena system just hit internal testing this week.
    That's JUST it tho, isn't it ~ just like HaremBunny said .... " nothing for centuries/millenia and than KAPOW ..."

You're PvP community is so small right now it's sad. Too little too late. You've lost most of the "greats" to other games.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    Maybe you guys could do a live stream of a bit of it, like you do with TSW.
    YES PLEASE ~ perhaps a stream from a person actually related to the game company. Having jokers "promote" AoC while they have their chat boxes blocked by "FaiilCom" logos DOESNT help ~ only hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaevacas View Post
    With a small population, I don't think an advertisement when launching this game to go buy/play a different game is such a good idea. That place should be used to announce new content, patches, downtime, specials, and events.
    /agreed ~ I get pissed every time I see that game-launcher. Might as well put the advertising on a rotation ; let's see some TSW, Park & LEGO roll thru from time to time ... wtf.
    /flips_desk

Last edited by Mustaine; 11th March 2016 at 13:04.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

I bet these FC people that do the TSW streams don't even know that AoC exists.

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    I bet these FC people that do the TSW streams don't even know that AoC exists.
    I work in an environment where the majority of folks play MMOs in one form or another. I bring up AoC and they say "ugh ~ Isn't that the one that failed at release with all those bugs?". OR ~ "isn't that the one that came out with all the missing features?" ... OR ~ "isn't that the one where people couldn't even get off the rez-pad?"

Doesn't matter what game they play. Hell; the one guy that I know that DOES play TSW won't even give AoC the time of day ~ just due to word of mouth.

You want constructive feedback FUNCOM ~ you failed at marketing ... you need to figure that out. If not ~ well then we know that you're just milking the handful of us still playing. And for what its worth, I would do that too if I had no other options ~ which it seems is the case.

Last edited by Mustaine; 12th March 2016 at 18:11.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    I work in an environment where the majority of folks play MMOs in one form or another. I bring up AoC and they say "ugh ~ Isn't that the one that failed at release with all those bugs?". OR ~ "isn't that the one that came out with all the missing features?" ... OR ~ "isn't that the one where people couldn't even get off the rez-pad?"

Doesn't matter what game they play. Hell; the one guy that I know that DOES play TSW won't even give AoC the time of day ~ just due to word of mouth.

You want constructive feedback FUNCOM ~ you failed at marketing ... you need to figure that out. If not ~ well then we know that you're just milking the handful of us still playing. And for what its worth, I would do that too if I had no other options ~ which it seems is the case.

I'll be the first to admit that I never gave this game a try because of the supposed horrible launch that it had. I played EverQuest II (EQ2) from 2004 until 2014 and when I heard about this game launching I waited to see what other EverQuest II players feedback was going to be, as I did with every new launch around that time. I heard nothing but bad news about this game and never gave it a try because of that.

Now, almost 8 years later, I finally gave this game a try and well, I absolutely love it. I've been playing about two months now and have been enjoying it very much along with a few gaming friends that came here with me. We love it. Our only concern is we keep hearing about the game being unfinished... crafting revamp, no new content, lack of resources and so on ( here on the forums and in the chat channels in game ) so we are taking things in stride. We are subscribed to support the game but wonder if that is really wise in the long run. With EverQuest Next being cancelled recently we just don't have a lot of faith in gaming companies right now.
    Last edited by Hrulfr; 13th March 2016 at 00:54.
    Hrulfr - Bear Shaman of Crom

Quote Originally Posted by Hrulfr View Post
    I'll be the first to admit that I never gave this game a try because of the supposed horrible launch that it had. I played EverQuest II (EQ2) from 2004 until 2014 and when I heard about this game launching I waited to see what other EverQuest II players feedback was going to be, as I did with every new launch around that time. I heard nothing but bad news about this game and never gave it a try because of that.

Now, almost 8 years later, I finally gave this game a try and well, I absolutely love it. I've been playing about two months now and have been enjoying it very much along with a few gaming friends that came here with me. We love it. Our only concern is we keep hearing about the game being unfinished... crafting revamp, no new content, lack of resources and so on ( here on the forums and in the chat channels in game ) so we are taking things in stride. We are subscribed to support the game but wonder if that is really wise in the long run. With EverQuest Next being cancelled recently we just don't have a lot of faith in gaming companies right now.
    The crafting revamp is planned since 2012 and when Slith had the interview with a developer (who is now retired) the answer to the question if there is someone working on the revamp was basically "We don't have enough ressources (Time, Money, Developers and interest from FC) to finish it.". Some people might say that T6 was something really new but as far as I know this dungeon was planned since 2012 too... so yeah, 4 years to complete a dungeon. I think that sums up what content will come in the next time.

http://aochideout.blogspot.de/2015/0...th-gorgor.html
    Just scroll down to the second question, there you have the answer to the question "Will there be new (more important and complex than a groupfinder function) content in the near future?".
    Last edited by xCodename; 13th March 2016 at 01:27.

well you weren't enough Conan fan I would say, anyway glad you are enjoing

I had to say that all the complaints are mostly coming from veterans, but I guess new players also might have their concern more with the lack of healthy player base, instead I don't think from your fresh eyes this game should not appear a bad or unfinished product. I still consider it one of the best fantasy mmo and a kick ass combat style quite unique in the genre.
    Last edited by strangerism; 14th March 2016 at 10:49.

Our only concern is we keep hearing about the game being unfinished... crafting revamp, no new content, lack of resources and so on ( here on the forums and in the chat channels in game ) so we are taking things in stride. We are subscribed to support the game but wonder if that is really wise in the long run. With EverQuest Next being cancelled recently we just don't have a lot of faith in gaming companies right now.
    You have to understand that people who complain about the lack of development and the missing crafting revamp etc are veterans who have done everything in the game on 10 different characters and have been playing for 6-7 years.

As a new player, you have years of content ahead of you, so chances are you'll never experience the frustration felt by those current veterans.

All in all, if i were to start the game now, i wouldn't bother with anything said on the forums, i would just enjoy the game, which is vast.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

This policy would be clearly understood, if we have clear evidence that the game have more newcomers than the veterans who gradually leaving the game. I very much doubt about the above. A large part of the fresh toons are alts of veterans.

At the begining developers should be understood, who are people that bring most of the income. When developers create updates for AoC, they should take care it to be interesting directly for that group of consumers.
    Last edited by Ernests; 14th March 2016 at 11:06.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

I had signed up to AoC a loooong time ago, but I don't think they had a F2P version at the time. So, I went away.

Then, I heard about it again on an episode of Big Bang Theory and figured if it's good enough to use in a popular sitcom, then maybe I should check it out again.

So, I returned to AoC, discovered the F2P mode and gave it a go.

I've been playing ever since and even started paying a subscription.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234