Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marketing and how it is effecting the presentation of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by redpooo View Post
    That's pretty normal really, they've just announced a new game, they may as well give it as much visibility as possible.
    On the contrary. This is not just a come check out our new title. Instead it's a dev blog video of the work they are doing on another game and not this one. It is perfectly fine to have a little kid that takes you to the exiles homepage where you can then see development posts for the game. However the development posts for exiles should not be the things shownot on the AoC front page. It should be development for AoC. Which I believe we have not received a real update since December.

Advertising another game is okay. In fact it shows company growth. Howe've received this is not advertising these are status updates about another game all together which makes it look like this game is anot after thought for those who may be potential customers. This is why we have new player posts in here asking if this game even receives updates anymore because you can no longer find any about the game on the front page.

Easier put it is okay to announce the new title. It is another thing to announce it and then throw up development posts on the front page and aoc social media outlets. Especially when they have not seen a real update in months. It makes it look like this game has been dropped all together

Quote Originally Posted by Tabouli View Post
    It makes it look like this game has been dropped all together
    Truth in advertising? While development for AoC hasn't been dropped completely ( I hope), it has been slowed down to a pretty glacial pace.
    Last edited by ErikT; 12th February 2016 at 23:21.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikT View Post
    Truth in advertising? While development for AoC hasn't been dropped completely ( I hope), it has been slowed down to a pretty glacial pace.
    Not glacial, that would mean there is a detectable movement.

More like earthquake/vulcano. nothing for centuries/millenia and than KAPOW ...

you are hit out of nowhere with something you didn't ask for
    Xiuhcoatl, Xipil, Udiya, Zhoerong lvl 80 HoXes .... multi-speccing?
    Gorgophone lvl 80 Barb, Kheiron lvl 80 PoM (Heal?), Uruloki lvl 80 Demo (Nub), Berenike lvl 80 Conq (retired.) All raised on Hyrkania RP-PVE (R.I.P.) server.

[undisclosed] lvl 80 HoX (!), Marbhaisgort lvl 80 Necro (fresh), Chahwuk (ToS)/Merav(Necro) lvl5x (for when I get to do Purist-achievements) Cromites.

Membership valid until 2018-03-16 20:02:55 Got tricked again 2015-12-14

Funcom

For what it's worth, the new arena system just hit internal testing this week.
    FuncomAndy 'Odonoptera' Benditt
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @AndyBenditt

Age of Conan Website | Social Guidelines | Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    I don't suppose you can sneak a -wink wink- to let us know there might be some 6man content being developed/revamped to keep it relevant? With how easy T4 is nowadays there is really no progression in K6's.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabouli View Post
    On the contrary. This is not just a come check out our new title. Instead it's a dev blog video of the work they are doing on another game and not this one. It is perfectly fine to have a little kid that takes you to the exiles homepage where you can then see development posts for the game. However the development posts for exiles should not be the things shownot on the AoC front page.
    Actually I previously thought you were talking about http://www.funcom.com/.
    I kind of agree with you, the Exiles dev diary video feels out of place on the AoC website.
    Kaleeh PoM - Resolved Guard - Reducia Sin

While I am glad that it is at least something. The fact that it is only internal testing means it may still take another year and can still technically be scrapped at any given point before ever seeing the light of day. Meanwhile we have absolutely nothing to bring people into the game let alone take a look at it.

Funcom

I'll see if I can sneak some pics or some kind of other footage/information while QA is going over it.
    FuncomAndy 'Odonoptera' Benditt
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @AndyBenditt

Age of Conan Website | Social Guidelines | Customer Service

I'll see if I can sneak some pics or some kind of other footage/information while QA is going over it.
    That would be pretty sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by redpooo View Post
    That's pretty normal really, they've just announced a new game, they may as well give it as much visibility as possible.
    Yes, but all their games could profit from it with a proper maintenanced web appearance. They link in the AoC launcher to stuff, sure they can do vice versa.

Even though their websites have caught the same disease as most of the web ("you need xy to view this page" virus, no alternate page versions as some professional web pages offer (mobile page, all activated page, basic html page), but even in skeletal state there are links to TSW, AoC and Anarchy online on the main page. I think what is meant in this thread, is that all you see there is "play for free" and you can not see at quick glance, if there are new things in the item shop, that you can buy several addons to the "free" game version and what version the game is currently.
    Sure you can find it on the AoC page, but some marker or icon marking something "new content!", "game update!", "new module!" etc. might help on the funcom page.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 22nd February 2016 at 07:15.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast