Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tamarin Tigers in raids / k6

Quote Originally Posted by Torilius View Post

For the spec, i usaly go with *no Dread* sword and shield spec. So you wanna go get 3 points in the left tree for some hp tap and the rest in tali spec down to dooming pressence but don't take the talisman mastery points. Instead you go general and get cunning, dps buff and survival.

That's the best allaround spec you can have since it's ALOT of damage and nice survival. Tali spec with talisman is usaly **** in t4 reaids and above u since you can't take that many hits and will only end up dying. Me personally with pom t5, tos t5 and bs t6geared have no chance saving a dt with talisman in higher tiered raids because they are simply too bad survival.

How exactly does a Spec like this look like? Whenever I asked in global for a DT spec or asking DTs in raids they were showing me either way a full tali tanking spec or a dread shadow spec. I played around a bit with my specs now but couldn't find out a proper spec that looked like you explained.

http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v10_11f...18de124fc1129c

There is still 1 point free and I don't know where to put it. And what is with the Invulnerable Soul feat? That Prot buff for the covenant is pretty awesome in Magic damage fights (especially since you get a nice crit bonus through the seals of Yog).
    What exactly should I change? I did some testing (tanking in Ardashir Fort) with this spec and a "normal" dread shadow spec and I were surviving much better with the dread shadow spec since I literally get a Offtank that I can summon, as well as a mana damage shield + the option to switch for a heavy protection feat.

EDIT: Regarding the magic damage: I was always using the wolves necklace (111 wisdom = 66 Magic damage) and one crafted magic damage ring (Dreamer's Keepsake with a +23 magic damage gem = 60 magic damage) should I switch those?
    Last edited by xCodename; 6th February 2016 at 16:25.

I'm not a big fan of those builds either. If I were to choose a build like that it would look something like this:
    http://goo.gl/j3CCW4
    This is my main issue with this build that you have to spend those last 14 points for very little gain.

9 of those points can be spend in general to get sustained rage, hateful strikes and volcanic rage.

Another 4 points are probably best spend filling up devouring touch. Note that it's only the 1st and last point that give the most health tap. In any other desecration build with talisman mastery I'd say you can spend those 4 points better then 2.5% health tap but in this case there really isn't much else to spend them on.

No clue where to put that last point. Maybe fill out Hexers might or corrupt weapon even though both give a negligible return.

In my case build would end up looking something like this:
    http://goo.gl/HDoxoL

ps. I can't remember if touch of death can crit. If not then that point can be spend to fill up hexers might/corrupt weapon.
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 6th February 2016 at 18:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    I'm not a big fan of those builds either. If I were to choose a build like that it would look something like this:
    http://goo.gl/j3CCW4
    This is my main issue with this build that you have to spend those last 14 points for very little gain.

9 of those points can be spend in general to get sustained rage, hateful strikes and volcanic rage.

Another 4 points are probably best spend filling up devouring touch. Note that it's only the 1st and last point that give the most health tap. In any other desecration build with talisman mastery I'd say you can spend those 4 points better then 2.5% health tap but in this case there really isn't much else to spend them on.

No clue where to put that last point. Maybe fill out Hexers might or corrupt weapon even though both give a negligible return.

In my case build would end up looking something like this:
    http://goo.gl/HDoxoL

ps. I can't remember if touch of death can crit. If not then that point can be spend to fill up hexers might/corrupt weapon.
    Hm... I can't really see the point in these specs, I tried some of them out now but either way I have better survival stats with a dread build or better damage with a tali build. I think I stay with those two (tali and dread) since I can't see any notable benefits from using this kind of "hybrid" spec.

Tigers boots, tigers gloves, tigers chest, and tigers pants are all good to have, even if you wont wear them all at the same time. As a DT you want dps. DPS is life.

Regardless of spec, meet your mitigation threshhold MINIMUM, then throw on dps gear.

If you have 56% mit, reduce your mit to 54 with some dps gear.

All this hatin on tali tanking in t4 is unfounded mostly. You can have 56% mit WITH tali equipped.

You can solo tali tank zodiac with 53% and proper group setup.

It is easy and powerful to tali tank AND STILL ACHIEVE MITIGATION VALUES at same time.

For Godslayer khitai 6 mans 52.5% mit is plenty and with solid healer can be done with less.

For Unchained 53.5% is great. Can be done with less.

Don't underestimate Covenant of pestilence. It is a good alternative to Covenant of arms and provides nearly same ballpark of hate. (CoA is more though, the more geared you get, the more you use CoA)

Most important of all, understand that if you are running the proper spec, you will be aggro machine. Share with your fellow tanks or die a horrible, nooby, death.

Also, as already stated, the Fort Ardashir tank blue tank set is absolutely phenominal blue set to start out with. I have 2 dt's, and my smaller one with mix of ardashir blue chest+legs/tigers gloves+boots and LL helm tanks with little trouble in t3.5 with no dread.

Shield + Covenant of arms: http://goo.gl/CzpgmW

Talisman (use Pestilence if you have less than 54 mitigation, arms if you have more: http://goo.gl/LqGx89
    Last edited by Thunderclese; 9th February 2016 at 04:10.

Some of the specs posted are heavy Desecration but with hateful strikes and volcanic rage. Could someone explain this pls ... cool downs are long, meaning they are not soo useful for aggro switch? and increases in damage are weapon damage only. Aggro from DT's dps is already high when desecration heavy ... why not more Desecration feats for increase in dps or AoE. Why are Hateful and Volcanic preferable?

Quote Originally Posted by Hot-Ice View Post
    Some of the specs posted are heavy Desecration but with hateful strikes and volcanic rage. Could someone explain this pls ... cool downs are long, meaning they are not soo useful for aggro switch? and increases in damage are weapon damage only. Aggro from DT's dps is already high when desecration heavy ... why not more Desecration feats for increase in dps or AoE. Why are Hateful and Volcanic preferable?

DT don't need any more dps. But Volcanic rage is great to combine with Dooming presence and Blood pact for bigger tap. Hateful strikes is good at start of fight to help solidify aggro, and good later in the fight to swap with other high aggro tanks without expending goad or FE.

With the unpredictable nature of VoM, your VoM may not proc enough while another DT's is proccing like nuts at a particular moment, hateful strikes affords you more control over a fight in a pinch as one example.
    Last edited by Thunderclese; 16th February 2016 at 03:19.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12