Thread: Brute damages

Default Brute damages

Now, I've been away a while (a long while) and it'll probably happen again. as my first char I always wanted love to conqs BUT, I just logged on after 14 months not playing it and got 18:5 and I started looking at the three main damage combos.
    Putting the ridiculous 30% weapon damage to BOTH the formation/technique w/e; AND 70% added after the technique pops.

I just tested HOFS and IFA.
    Rounded to the nearest hundred and in pvp 9 with pvp 7 weapon, I'm getting

HoFS VI crits 3k BUT HoFS V crits 4k
    IFA IX crits 6k

1 step = 6k
    2 step = 4k
    3 step = 3k

You have this completely backward.

Don't just start getting out the nerf hammer either. I believe you're running AoC now until population is gone and there's no real development. But even if you just swapped the combo animations for IFA IX and HoFS VI around you'd have 3 step combo with more damage than a 1 stepper.

Then all you would need to do is remove the no cooldown part of furious strikes so ppl cant just spam HoFS 6.
    This would bring it in line with Guardians counterweight which hits slightly more than IFA 9 (for me at least, and with T1 pvp weapon :\)

The one step IFA 9 is crazy in pvp. I don't want conq nerfing under the table again I just want to be rewarded for using 3 steppers (perhaps taking HoFS V damage down 10%)
    The damage is slightly too easy to get off.
    Funcom's Latency Detonation crits you for 4800 millisecond damage. Claret died.

You should see what FA9 hits for with a Sogoth...your completely right though, and it's just not conqs either that suffer from backwards combo logic either.
    Doomsayer 2008

I think the FA9 is about on par with DT and Guard end-tier dps combos. Whirlwind really is crap, but with brute weapon damage and feat points FA9 hits as hard as Dooming Presence and Stormstrike, with a longer animation for the same or similar steps.

And it isn't cheese aoe
    I don't make points I make dents.

The few times I use HoFS 6 in PvP are usually after I knock someone back, and I feel like I do more damage than with FA9. It depends on the situation and crits I guess, but I don't feel like FA9 hits harder than HoFS6.

Quote Originally Posted by Patoson View Post
    The few times I use HoFS 6 in PvP are usually after I knock someone back, and I feel like I do more damage than with FA9. It depends on the situation and crits I guess, but I don't feel like FA9 hits harder than HoFS6.
    "Feel" doesn't really come into it. No offence, but I tested the sh!t outta this after coming back.
    IFA9 hits the same near enough as a guardian AA combo; both much more than storm strike (by x2) which is much faster with higher dps, the shortness of the animation is why for this one.
    The HoFS VI hitting less than V was always an issue I just thought after the conq "revampe" (yeah... right) was fixed, I thought I'd read it at least. Tool tip sayus more dps, it takes longer, but does less damage wth.

The length of the combo IFA9 isn't at all a problem when you have already many, many IFA combos on 1 step doing 2k single hits.
    Funcom's Latency Detonation crits you for 4800 millisecond damage. Claret died.

well its long time since an issue i believe,

last days and decisions of Mr Sh1771on just made it even worse, since i think conq was his beloved class

back on case - i can tell you got landed on me (about30%armor) even higher crits from IFAIX than 6k, its matter of proper debuff but also it was pre revamp changes where combos worked as intended rather than just beign dps per hit and even after i got ones like 1,2+ish (end ones coming to 1,5kish) or higher per hit and that just from t2 pvp ibis conq - its crazy and really unbeliavable when so stupid class like conq with seriouss survivablity and so on can own and shat down most of other classes in 1 on 1 or even in team fight

its noobs which want to own easy way class since long time now, with stable dps higher than most of other classes get at their peak for few secs and not all the time like baddy ^^ has

~` also GODS still not fixed

~` i agree that WW is not that OP as it used to be but its maybe matter of landing it well and that little players only can do that , since 3 step combo ^^ - anyway i saw in past conq charge kb in and doing just WW and taking down full t2 pvp ToS with it (and it was in fair 1on1 duel in kesh) ... ;D yay that damn conqies got it all on every aspects just fantastic

~` self heal, and meele bubble that i call it sh1tor, when ppl use it, shows how they want to have every possible advantage to get more gain out of everything possible (comes from pve and shame it works in pvp - must be another idea of Mr CM who wanted to make some fun to ppl in pvp - yeah have encounter in dynamic way where you have to run for your life from unstoppobale killing monster ;D) - yeah it allows to win with any meele for sure, best is ranger who is kind squishy (no selfheal mechanics) and got plenty phisical dots, duel conq get him down and he just pops bubble and is full and your down by one IFAIX & or BB etc

well i think we can cry but nothing will happen since designer/dev who had ambition to do something with pvp is gone - sadly, and now we even cant hear about arena - how will it look like - or if they allow 2 on 2 too also? that would be just great - lets hope for it
    Your Slam critically slashes Lozig for 2813.

Hey mate And do u remember comboskipping times where u could skip HoFS IV almost at the start of the finisher and still getting uba dmg?

Anyway, dont bother to post any suggestion and especialy not for PvP, they dont care

Another conq qq thread?

I don't feel "op" when playing a conq. I played it pvp 0 - 9 without new FA combo. Once I got it I can finally snatch up a couple kills now and again. Many classes can still melt me down easy enough, like a ranger that drains all my stam while ccing me to death. I think the problem is people don't know how to deal with these classes. There are even a couple of sins that don't seem to have a hard time killing me (good movement, faster combo, knowing when to cc).

Sure some classes and players cannot defeat me, or other conqs. I feel there are many better players than me that have played conq and left the game (we should all miss these good players). A couple that still play too, can beat me 1v1. It is all in the learning.

There are anti classes to certain classes. I think a decent pom and ranger can beat a conq easy (especially brute) with or without bubbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Cropt View Post
    Another conq qq thread?

I don't feel "op" when playing a conq. I played it pvp 0 - 9 without new FA combo. Once I got it I can finally snatch up a couple kills now and again. Many classes can still melt me down easy enough, like a ranger that drains all my stam while ccing me to death. I think the problem is people don't know how to deal with these classes. There are even a couple of sins that don't seem to have a hard time killing me (good movement, faster combo, knowing when to cc).

Sure some classes and players cannot defeat me, or other conqs. I feel there are many better players than me that have played conq and left the game (we should all miss these good players). A couple that still play too, can beat me 1v1. It is all in the learning.

There are anti classes to certain classes. I think a decent pom and ranger can beat a conq easy (especially brute) with or without bubbles.
    It's not about beating who, it's about 1 step combos rewarding trolololol damage compared to 2 and three step combos where the investment of steps should coincide with increased damage-which they do not. Someone who has invested in a 3 step combos deserves to hit me for a crap load because not only did they invest the time to finish it, but I allowed them to do so. FA9 just lets you whiff the opener and as long as you hit the finisher, it's anywhere from 2k-4k+....

And for the guy who claims HoFS6 hits as hard as FA9, I assume you do this twice and add it up, because that's the only way.
    Doomsayer 2008