Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Conq bubble nerf

Oh yes, please remove the ability were a conq is in a highligthed red bubble (switched to def stance btw),
    because it's too complicated to stop doing physical damage or maybe switch the target.

OP is maybe a special crafted, bugged blunt, but this would harm other classes, too.

Conq is nerfed (BoA and retaliation not used in PVP anymore, def stance in brute-bubbles, OLP) and bungled (cooldowns fighting spirit, BoA as cast) enough.

For all whiners here...play a pvp5 brute-conq with pvp-equip and let me know when u have found the OPness.

Yes it is easy to stop hitting and avoid the Conq when they bubble.

What about the flag bots? When you finally burn them down they simply run off pad, pop bubble and pick it up again. It gets very annoying!

Also if you need to CC them when they have OtO up you give them a nice little heal. It is a stupid easy mode mechanic that I wish would just be removed from PvP.

That goes for all bubbles in my opinion. I absolutely hate all the stupid bubbles in this game.
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

Quote Originally Posted by Maelkjar View Post
    Nerfing the bubbles would cause quite the uproar with the pve-crowd, so it likely won't happen, I still think its not needed. I regard the other tanks as bigger threats than brute-conq.
    So if you're up for changing that you'd either have to adjust overall dps or let the bubbles apply some 15% movement penalty.
    The OP asked for pvp specific changes for a reason For example burst of aggression works completely differently in pvp vs in pve.
    But I completely disagree with you, I think brute conq is better than either guard or DT or carnie conq when played properly (which I rarely see being done mind you). My conq in full pvp t1 gear can outdps my pvp 10 guard with t4 weapons while having two bubbles with a short cooldown. Add to the fact the fact that I can fully debuff anything in no time (ELEMENTAL wracks included lol) and that this even works on your 0 cooldown aoe combo.

All tanks are OP mind you but brute conq has a potential that most people don't even begin to realize. It has WAY more depth than the other tanks and if you put some thought into it it's simply a monster.

Quote Originally Posted by nattok View Post

For all whiners here...play a pvp5 brute-conq with pvp-equip and let me know when u have found the OPness.
    I have done that just that. My conq is pvp 6 without any of the tokens for the gear so full t1 and not a single pve item. It's stupidly OP.
    Last edited by kalston; 22nd January 2016 at 14:29.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    I have done that just that. My conq is pvp 6 without any of the tokens for the gear so full t1 and not a single pve item. It's stupidly OP.
    Just wanted to write "watch kalston's conq videos" but no need to do that anymore.

From the point of view of a ToS, DTs are by far the easiest tanks to handle - while a good conq just shuts you down completely. (Happy for better ToSes to give me some advice though!)
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Kalgon View Post
    What about the flag bots? When you finally burn them down they simply run off pad, pop bubble and pick it up again. It gets very annoying!
    Also if you need to CC them when they have OtO up you give them a nice little heal. It is a stupid easy mode mechanic that I wish would just be removed from PvP.
    a) picking up flags is already bugged...very often(!) it's not possible to interrupt the player who's picking it up...class independent...this should be fixed!

b) as u mentioned, use cc's (works if bubbles are up) ... if bubble is OtO (red one) it's true, that u heal conq up if u use a cc in combination with physical damage (magical damage interrupts), but healing somebody with ~1000 hp with that cc-combo is not really the big problem.

c) "flagbots" (I hate this word) are already punished for doing that (25 % snare with flag, if dead u have 200 % respawn time)...and who else takes care for flags except tank-classes, usually?
    Bubbles are sometimes the only way to pick up a flag even if you are not directly attacked (e.g. tos-totem, demo-pet and especially the necro-ftw-dot).
    Especially for tanks the capture-the-flag-minis are not really attractive because u can choose between running with flag and 25% permanent snare (of course stacking with every other snare u receive) or beeing the a_s_s_hole in the team by ignoring the flag. The snare is the main reason, why these "flagbots" try to win minis as fast as possible, because it's no fun to play in slow-motion.

d) after a brute-conq has used a bubble he is easy to kill (cooldowns)...but it's true a brute-conq is not down after 3 combos/casts, but this is valid for all tank-classes and heal-classes

e) be happy if u have a brute-conq in your team :-)

Overcome the Odds

duration: 12s
    cooldown: 3m

Blessed Conquest

duration: 6s
    cooldown: 1m 30s

That means over timespan of 3m 6s, a conq can bubble up 3 times for combined duration of 24s!

I really love how they nerfed pom bubble, because it was too OP, but having a 15k hp, +50% dmg mitigation wielding soldier with 2 bubbles on short cooldown is apparently not.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    I disagree, OtO shouldn't be removed since it's an ability that punishes bad or inattentive players
    I stop my dps when OtO pops, so why should I be punished for having a noob, who doesnt stop, on team? Also if it serves as a punishment, can I have a bubble like OtO on my sin? I know it would be a burden to bear, but if it means we could punish even more bad players, I'm willing to sacrifice myself?

Anyway, I can live with blessed conquest despite its short cd, but OtO needs to be change so it proccs only from pve dmg, that would be the most effective solution without screwing up the pve side of aoc.
    Pogecor - PvP 10 Guardian
    Micinecka - PvP 10 Priest of Mitra
    Pichalka - PvP 10 Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post
    He played 24.000 minis tho , imagine !
    Its insane😃 i wonder if this guy has a job 😆
    Crom:
    Kraamz dt pvp10
    Kramzor hox pvp10
    Quickdash guard pvp7
    Kramzz bs pvp5

Fury:
    Pressostate conq pvp5
    ++++

AFK into the unknown =/

There's really nothing wrong with Conqs. They already made it so your are put in D-stance if you bubble, and fighting spirit applies to BoA. It might be annoying trying to kill the more flag botty ones, but no less annoying than barbs with constant arcane marauder up and just as unkillable because you can't catch them.

As far as the conqs go dps wise, that has more to do with the bugged t3 crafted sogoth white hits than the actual class. It's really pro when you use a pvp t2/t3 weapons and white hit for 400 as opposed to the sogoth where people are getting 1400-1800 crits quite often. Yeah, conqs have some stupid built in feats that you can get your crit rating to a dumb level, but as a whole the class is nowhere near what it was a few years back and really not much to anything to complain about compared to some of the other nonsense other classes have.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    There's really nothing wrong with Conqs. They already made it so your are put in D-stance if you bubble, and fighting spirit applies to BoA. It might be annoying trying to kill the more flag botty ones, but no less annoying than barbs with constant arcane marauder up and just as unkillable because you can't catch them.

As far as the conqs go dps wise, that has more to do with the bugged t3 crafted sogoth white hits than the actual class. It's really pro when you use a pvp t2/t3 weapons and white hit for 400 as opposed to the sogoth where people are getting 1400-1800 crits quite often. Yeah, conqs have some stupid built in feats that you can get your crit rating to a dumb level, but as a whole the class is nowhere near what it was a few years back and really not much to anything to complain about compared to some of the other nonsense other classes have.
    I think the time for "Damn Op class" is over☺ ive seen people play every single class as good as it can get! There will always be a player thats insanely good with his class! Its just about how well he knows it☺ and how he has specced! Some likes duels,some like minis. Its just too many ways to go with a class. I fully respect that some people are unkillable☺ if you want, you can always run away with many classes☺
    Crom:
    Kraamz dt pvp10
    Kramzor hox pvp10
    Quickdash guard pvp7
    Kramzz bs pvp5

Fury:
    Pressostate conq pvp5
    ++++

AFK into the unknown =/

Not going to argue more, i completely agree with Kalston. Especially on bubbles having no counterparts. The only ones i ever liked anyway were rune of grounding and the ante-revamp Phoenix Cloak.
    Things i think should be rethinked with conq:

-The debuffing systeme. It's too easy and has no counter-parts. I prefered the previous systeme when only one discipline or technique allowed you to debuff. For instance you shouldn't be able to use healing discipline and still debuff.
    -Have OtO as a zone debuff. Instead of buffing the conq make it debuff the opponents. Only those near the conq when he activated OtO will heal him with hits. Still a powerfull tool but would then require more attention to use rather than just popping it. Wouldn't change much to PvE.
    It's easy to say stop DPS on a conq with OtO, but even if you don't heal him, conqs have very good natural regen and in 12 seconds with healing discipline + Pots and food and the eventual green heal... Not to mention it's easy enough to be healed by players hitting your team mates.

- For all Tanks: 6sec CD on stance switching, no more switching during a KB.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast