Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Conq bubble nerf

Default Conq bubble nerf

Greetings! Please note that I play conq in brute spec most of the time, so this is not coming from someone who doesn't know the class and just QQ's.

I think a lot of people can agree that brute conq is OP, and, if it were to be nerfed/tweaked, I don't think it should be via weapon damage or AA's like in the past, but, instead, it would be great if Overcome the Odds (healing bubble) could be disabled in PvP, leaving brute conqs with just the normal bubble (or even disable both if you still think it's too much). With the self-heal and the debuffing, it would still be a strong class without bubbles, or at least without the healing one.

I suppose it would be possible to do since, in previous patches, Burst of Aggression was tweaked so you wouldn't get Fighting Spirit by using BoA on PvE mobs, while you do get Fighting Spirit when you use it in PvP and knock enemies back. I guess some similar sort of distinction between PvE mobs and PvP players could be done for OtO. If it's not possible to disable it for PvP, at least we could still trigger it but it wouldn't heal us at all.

I'm not an expert in PvP, but I've been playing it for quite some time now, and brute conq is extremely easy compared to carnage spec or barb (class I've played quite a bit as well). It's quite easy for me to survive and I can get kills.

[QUOTE=Patoson;2136863]Greetings! Please note that I play conq in brute spec most of the time, so this is not coming from someone who doesn't know the class and just QQ's.

I think a lot of people can agree that brute conq is OP, and, if it were to be nerfed/tweaked, I don't think it should be via weapon damage or AA's like in the past, but, instead, it would be great if Overcome the Odds (healing bubble) could be disabled in PvP, leaving brute conqs with just the normal bubble (or even disable both if you still think it's too much). With the self-heal and the debuffing, it would still be a strong class without bubbles, or at least without the healing one.

I suppose it would be possible to do since, in previous patches, Burst of Aggression was tweaked so you wouldn't get Fighting Spirit by using BoA on PvE mobs, while you do get Fighting Spirit when you use it in PvP and knock enemies back. I guess some similar sort of distinction between PvE mobs and PvP players could be done for OtO. If it's not possible to disable it for PvP, at least we could still trigger it but it wouldn't heal us at all.

I'm not an expert in PvP, but I've been playing it for quite some time now, and brute conq is extremely easy compared to carnage spec or barb (class I've played quite a bit as well). It's quite easy for me to survive and I can get kills.[/QUOT

The only problem with conq in my eyes is the AOE combos, , the bubble is okey cus u may just kite away from it, on the other hand if you wanna root the conq or if you have better movement it doesnt rly matter cus he hits you annyway=/
    Crom:
    Kraamz dt pvp10
    Kramzor hox pvp10
    Quickdash guard pvp7
    Kramzz bs pvp5

Fury:
    Pressostate conq pvp5
    ++++

AFK into the unknown =/

OtO is not op anymore, the reason why it looks like that is there is ENOUGH ppl who cannot see RED bubble around them. is all of them are color blind? no there is brain issue .
    i feel really frustrating conq with only 10% ish hp gets full hp by help from that brain shutdowned ppl even i struggle to burn him down.
    Last edited by Lehudib; 22nd January 2016 at 04:28.
    the who obsessed with stonesoup ;p

Carnage conq has somewhat weaker evade "bubble", brute conq has 2 bubbles. Both are the same in armor.

When in serious trouble brute conq can survive a few seconds longer than carnage because of bubble. Sometimes a bubble helps brute conq to escape where carnage would die.

On the other hand carnage conq is way easier to play because you don't have to aim, just be close to your enemy. Whirlwind and bloodbath are spamable 360° with high dmg. Charge knockback is the icing on the cake. Brute's Faint attack you miss more easy and furious strikes doesnt offer that dmg. Carnage does way more dmg and get's easier kill credits with less skill required. No matter which spec you use, I consider guardian and dt to be the stronger pvp classes. I play all soldier classes.

If you really want to nerf some classes I recomment looking at ranger, necro (stupid mechanics, 30:0 in js while doing nothing else than standing below bridge) and last but not least demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheya View Post
    Carnage conq has somewhat weaker evade "bubble", brute conq has 2 bubbles. Both are the same in armor.

When in serious trouble brute conq can survive a few seconds longer than carnage because of bubble. Sometimes a bubble helps brute conq to escape where carnage would die.

On the other hand carnage conq is way easier to play because you don't have to aim, just be close to your enemy. Whirlwind and bloodbath are spamable 360° with high dmg. Charge knockback is the icing on the cake. Brute's Faint attack you miss more easy and furious strikes doesnt offer that dmg. Carnage does way more dmg and get's easier kill credits with less skill required. No matter which spec you use, I consider guardian and dt to be the stronger pvp classes. I play all soldier classes.

If you really want to nerf some classes I recomment looking at ranger, necro (stupid mechanics, 30:0 in js while doing nothing else than standing below bridge) and last but not least demo.
    Like a sertain nec on Fury😃 tops kills very often dispite hes downgraded skills☺ hes mitigation is like wtf too☺
    Crom:
    Kraamz dt pvp10
    Kramzor hox pvp10
    Quickdash guard pvp7
    Kramzz bs pvp5

Fury:
    Pressostate conq pvp5
    ++++

AFK into the unknown =/

I disagree, OtO shouldn't be removed since it's an ability that punishes bad or inattentive players and rewards skilled ones, in that you can simply stop attacking the conq and prevent healing. I don't really think PvP balance is in a bad spot atm though, every class is able to shine although some are a bit worse than others. It's a much bigger problem that newer players have basically zero chance in PvP because they are outplayed and outgeared so hard, at least making t1 pvp armor available without any pvp lvls would be nice.

Actually conq bubbles aren't much of a problem, especially the healing one. If a conq manages to bring himself from 5% to full again with the red bubble then he deserves every HP he gets, its not his fault that the players on the other team are brain-afk and keep hitting him.
    Whats funny is that I could imagine some rangers on crom to agree with the OPs suggestion, as they like to hit tanks all the time anyway, cause casters always die so fast and then you gotta click another target and start all over again. It's such a bother, really...
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Brute is extremely OP, not sure what the best way to nerf it would be though I guess bubbles is a good start. I don't like the idea of bubbles in pvp in general, especially on tanks and especially when those bubbles come without any penalty. It's simply retarded.

And OTO IS a problem because if your class relies on physical damage you have the ignore the conq leaving him free to wreck your face. Many CCs also deal damage and will thus heal him. Of course OTO is irrelevant if your class does mostly magical damage so we could argue it's only HALF a bubble. But it's a pretty damn long one, 12 seconds.
    Last edited by kalston; 22nd January 2016 at 12:03.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Willd View Post
    Like a sertain nec on Fury😃 tops kills very often dispite hes downgraded skills☺ hes mitigation is like wtf too☺
    He played 24.000 minis tho , imagine !
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Nerfing the bubbles would cause quite the uproar with the pve-crowd, so it likely won't happen, I still think its not needed. I regard the other tanks as bigger threats than brute-conq.
    So if you're up for changing that you'd either have to adjust overall dps or let the bubbles apply some 15% movement penalty.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast