Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do failed payments ever go thru ?

Default Do failed payments ever go thru ?

I have been having fun with the funcom payment system.

Tried my paypal, but I was told by guild members and others that has never worked, in fact I have 2 guild members that are playing a different game because they cannot get it to work. So anyways I deleted the paypal payment info and went and put $200 on a visa prepaid and guess what that failed as well....so I broke down and put in my creditcard info but the failed payment still won't go thru. does it ever go thru, I am scared to resubmit for more funcom points because a system this poorly designed would probably then send both thru and double charge.

Also, I contacted Paypal and they watched as I did the preapproval process and they said what is coming from Funcom SARL is just short of a joke with some jibberish attached to it and they said to find a different method of payment.

So will the failed attempt go thru and if not do I dare try to resubmit and risk getting double billed.

You should not get suprised. I have once had payments get approved but never got charged. It activated normally but then got banned because the payment failed.. Funcom's billing system is probably the worst one I have seen in history, no offense but it's just way too slow.. I wouldnt be suprised if they still charged you even though it failed, just email them and see what's wrong.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

You have to contact Customer Support for problems with your account and the billing system.
    Short cuts make long delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    You should not get suprised. I have once had payments get approved but never got charged. It activated normally but then got banned because the payment failed.. Funcom's billing system is probably the worst one I have seen in history, no offense but it's just way too slow.. I wouldnt be suprised if they still charged you even though it failed, just email them and see what's wrong.
    Ticket sent...we shall see.
    Last edited by Xateric; 20th January 2016 at 00:20.

I did try paying with Visa, and that took like 30-60 minutes to go through. I've used Paypal all along after that. As long as there has been money on my Visa, there has been no problems setting up the Paypal plan, and it has been charged more or less instantly each time. Make sure you have the card you wish to make payments from selected as primary in Paypal. If primary funding is your account balance, it probably won't work unless you got money on your Paypal account.

Few days ago I had the same problem as OP, after realizing PaySafe is currently not a payment option. I also had a failed payment via Paypal, but this one dated back quite a bit, as I had given up on it back then when I couldnt get it to work .
    As long as this one was still open, trying to create a new payment didnt work - you have to resolve any failed attempts first.
    So I tried resolving the one I had and it worked after I preapproved FC at paypal, then clicked the failed payment, chose "other payment options", created the exact same paypal payment option from scratch again, and clicked to start the payment process. I think I had to approve them again for that then.
    Status was set to "open/playable" within a few seconds after that, no double-book so far.

Also, if you're going to contact support, do it through the direct adress, not the fill-out form on thier page. I have yet to receive an answer to the ticket I created there.
    Last edited by Maelkjar; 20th January 2016 at 09:50.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Angry

yes i have to contact CS every time It has to be with their bank system. i heard every excuse from them to the CC company denied payment - called them and they said it was not true. Tried paypal and other cards and kept failing. So Cs said it was because I tried to buy too often in a short period of time. If they want to make money they seriously need to modify this process. Going through CS button on your account page has worked for me. Every time I use paypal now CS has to process it.

Update - contacted the CC company to find why they denied it - evidentially Funcom is on their list of High Risk and will not allow any payments to go through
    Last edited by wulfbur; 22nd January 2016 at 20:32.

Exclamation Oh, is that true? On Payment and CS

Now let me tell you a story that will show you that the credit card payment system does function - and never forgets anything.
    Oh yes, and how truly great and efficient that Customer Support of yours works! Congratulations!

I am playing AoC since 2008. In 2014 I took a break from premium membership and just occasionally played the free version. On 19th January 2016 I decided to return, so I logged into my account and selected a 3-month membership for EUR35.86 and entered my credit card details. To my big surprise, my card wasn't debited for that amount but for EUR98.60 instead - for playtime from 27.09.2014 to 22.09.2015 (!)

I wrote to Customer Support:
    My AoC account exists since 2008, and after a long absence I activated to Premium again today. To my big surprise, after selecting the 3-months option and entering my credit card details for payment, I was debited EUR98.60 for the play time 27.09.2014 until 22.09.2015, resulting in my account still being frozen. Many thanks for that. Can you please undo this, refund me the payment, debit the correct EUR35.86 and activate my account from today, 19.01.2016, onwards. Thanks!

I did not receive a reply from Customer Support, but hours later my credit card was debited for another EUR35.86.

I wrote to Customer Support again (quoting my first message):
    Meanwhile you have also debited the EUR35.86 and correctly activated the game time from 19.01.2016. What remains to be done is REFUND EUR98.60 back to my credit card. Thanks.

Yesterday I wrote again (quoting my earlier 2 messages):
    Waited 4 days without getting any feedback whatsoever - what happened to "we will try to provide feedback within 24 hours"? Just f*****g REFUND the unjustified debit for EUR98.60!

Today, day 5 ... still waiting for a reply.

I was always a supporter of AoC and still think that it's a great game. However, with a Customer Support like this you really deserve to die!

Quote Originally Posted by Anzu View Post
    You have to contact Customer Support for problems with your account and the billing system.
    Last edited by -m00nK-; 24th January 2016 at 04:15.

You will have no reply on closed days, as should be obvious. Try sending a PM to Odonoptera. And I maintain that the forums can not help you with billing problems.
    Short cuts make long delays.

Default It's holiday season in Hyboria again :)

Sorry - I wasn't aware that Jan 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, are all CLOSED DAYS for you guys ...

Quote Originally Posted by Anzu View Post
    You will have no reply on closed days, as should be obvious. Try sending a PM to Odonoptera. And I maintain that the forums can not help you with billing problems.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast