Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WE'RE BACK!!! - Age of Conan Videos Return!

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    Edit by Anzu: You did not start the flame war.
    So because we made a video out of humor and good fun, and you don't agree with said humor, it's "trash" as you put it 3 times in one comment? If you don't like it, fair enough, but a lot of other people do. Other advertising certainly isn't working for the game, and all of the other videos out there "promoting the game we love" are doing nothing to bring in more players.

I've received countless personal messages from people in-game saying how they love all of the videos and have re-subscribed to AOC because they were laughing so hard.

So to summarize: If you don't like it, don't watch it. Otherwise, isn't ANY publicity for a game good, especially one where there's a severe lack of advertising and some humor might go a long way?
    Last edited by Anzu; 29th December 2015 at 23:25.

Edit by Anzu: You did not start the flame war.
    In fact, the wikipedia entry for the guy who sings that song says his movies grossed more than USD 2 billion. Funcom should cozy up to him I say
    Last edited by Anzu; 29th December 2015 at 23:25.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Yewcantcme View Post
    So because we made a video out of humor and good fun, and you don't agree with said humor, it's "trash" as you put it 3 times in one comment? If you don't like it, fair enough
    For the last time; I have watched some of the other videos. I dont have an issue with those. Unfortuanely, I feel you wasted an otherwise well produced video with the content you chose for your most recent.

I've received countless personal messages from people in-game saying how they love all of the videos and have re-subscribed to AOC because they were laughing so hard.
    Gratz. I Never said otherwise.

So to summarize: ... isn't ANY publicity for a game good, especially one where there's a severe lack of advertising and some humor might go a long way?
    Sadly ~ this is a more true than false statement.

Other advertising certainly isn't working for the game, and all of the other videos out there "promoting the game we love" are doing nothing to bring in more players.
    This is an unfair statement. You need to have real-world data to support such a brash arguement. Basically you're saying only your videos are bringing players in.
    Your channel has a good number of videos - only a handful have broken past 90-viewers each ~ those that aren't MineCraft --- lol. NONE of your AoC videos have surpased any of Moriala's (Tainted Souls) - and none of those are even close to the production level seen [HERE]. NOW, your MineCraft videos are popular ...

Last edited by Mustaine; 29th December 2015 at 22:01.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

This is an unfair statement. You need to have real-world data to support such a brash arguement. Basically you're saying only your videos are bringing players in.
    Your channel has a good number of videos - only a handful have broken past 90-viewers each ~ those that aren't MineCraft --- lol. NONE of your AoC videos have surpased any of Moriala's (Tainted Souls) - and none of those are even close to the production level seen [HERE]. NOW, your MineCraft videos are popular ...

It was not an argument in the least. The statement I wrote wasn't supposed to come across as "I'm bringing in more viewers AND I'M THE ONLY ONE!!!" - It was suppose to come across as, I've gotten quite a few PMs from people who have returned and know for a fact that it was due to a comedic-take on the game, as opposed to the more-serious or cinematic type of videos that, I personally, haven't seen new players come back for. Doesn't mean they haven't, just that I haven't seen it personally. I did not write my statement well within the last comment.

As for the video you posted, I think it's great that someone else is producing Age of Conan videos. That being said, I truly don't see the higher "production level" you're speaking of; nothing wrong with that individuals videos by any means, but truly I don't see how playing a song over some raid-content makes my videos "not even close to the production level", especially when our videos are featuring entirely different content. And ALL of the AOC videos I've produced are very similar to that individual's viewer count, so I'm not sure which videos you're looking at... :/

Anyways, this will be my last reply. This thread was posted as an advertisement for further PVP videos, not an argumentative or discussion thread on viewer counts or production quality :/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123