Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audio Trouble

Default Audio Trouble

I am having a bit of audio trouble I thought somebody may be able to help me out with. Every time I log into the game (this does not happen with any other game. ONLY AoC) a loud static/buzzing sound makes it impossible to continue. According to my settings, everything is normal and should be working correctly. All that comes over my headset, though, is that extremely loud static noise. Any ideas on what can fix this? I'd really love to be able to play the game again. Thanks in advance for your help and input.
    "I am an Amazon without a Tribe...but still no less an Amazon."

Quote Originally Posted by Warmare View Post
    I am having a bit of audio trouble I thought somebody may be able to help me out with. Every time I log into the game (this does not happen with any other game. ONLY AoC) a loud static/buzzing sound makes it impossible to continue. According to my settings, everything is normal and should be working correctly. All that comes over my headset, though, is that extremely loud static noise. Any ideas on what can fix this? I'd really love to be able to play the game again. Thanks in advance for your help and input.
    A similar yet not constant "buzz" happens every time I launch from the patcher for me, game loads full screen "buzzzzzzzzz" for a few seconds & then gone.
    Although that doesnt stay I do have a problem where the audio for AoC will just turn off & only restarting the game can get it back.

At least I'm not the only one who has experienced this. It's just so odd. I thought at first it was a settings issue, but everything seems to be all right.

Default Solved :)

Well, problem solved! It turns out that if I play it as admin the noise isn't there. I'm not sure why or how this works, but I'll take it. I'll be able to get in game again so that's all I was wanting. See you in game!

I know this thread is a couple of years old, but I've been trying to play on Windows 10 and have been having this buzzing sound as well (I had an older account and played this on a Windows 7 computer a few years ago, but I had to make a new one since it was connected to an email that's gone now, and I couldn't change it). Unfortunately, trying to run the game with administrator on didn't fix anything (the buzzing sound was still there). I've tried various things to fix the problem, but nothing has helped. I've also sent support a ticket, and they've also given me ways to try to fix it, and it still persists.

I've been having this issue ever since I got my new graphics card (gtx1070). Although in my case the buzzing is not loud and isn't bothering me with the game sound on.
    Kaleeh PoM - Resolved Guard - Reducia Sin

That's funny, my card is a gtx 1080. I wonder if it's because the game isn't compatible with the gtx card series?

Used a 1070 fine with AoC, the problems I used to have were more persistent before I changed card.

/2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Roragar View Post
    Used a 1070 fine with AoC, the problems I used to have were more persistent before I changed card.

/2 cents
    I guess that doesn't narrow things down, then. It just goes back to square one.

Quote Originally Posted by redpooo View Post
    I forgot to mention, in my case I noticed this isn't happening with every speaker. It doesn't happen using my amplified speakers, but happens when I use my headset (non-amplified).
    It happens using my monitor speakers and my headset. My monitor is a ViewSonic. Been using it with my previous computer that ran Windows 7 (and ran this game fine), so I highly doubt it's that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast