Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Funcom and Conan Properties Enters New Partnership

Quote Originally Posted by krippa View Post
    Why are people so excited? They most likely just bought the license to make single-player conan games like TSW's "The Park".

This will have no impact on this game at all. *THIS* game will continue to coast along in maintenance mode. Everyone take a deep breath, and relax. There is no good news for us AoC players here.
    If they do it right, the new game will have to tie some promotion to this game. If people like that game, they might be willing to try this one and other Funcom games.

Anything that can help, is a good idea, assuming they do it right and don't lie to us and end up closing this one.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Oh hai Funcom!

Age of Conan 2 please... Now. Seriously. I would actually cry a little bit.

But probably going to be:

======

Conan in Death Master Camps.

A game with an overview perspective where waves of Death Masters come at you.

How long can YOU survive?

Press Left Mouse button to swing your Vanaheim Raidbreaker. Press Right mouse button to stomp the ground for an AoE attack all while aiming in a massive 360 degree free-form ultimate aiming experience

Want more?

Conan in Death Master Camp Unchained

Dress Conan in the finest of armors as seen in Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures. We know how much you love our outdated textures so we just copied the look.

For only 5,99$ you can blitz through the waves of Death Masters and start at wave 10. We know you want the high score among your friends on our leaderboard.

Not only that. Buy extra tries for only 1,99$ since you only get to die two times a day. But fear not as we do sell packs of 10 lives for only 10,99$!!!!!!!

But seriously. Age of Conan 2.
    HERRO REGENG IS RETURN

Quote Originally Posted by Rookni View Post
    Oh hai Funcom!

Age of Conan 2 please... Now. Seriously. I would actually cry a little bit.

But probably going to be:

======

Conan in Death Master Camps.

A game with an overview perspective where waves of Death Masters come at you.

How long can YOU survive?

Press Left Mouse button to swing your Vanaheim Raidbreaker. Press Right mouse button to stomp the ground for an AoE attack all while aiming in a massive 360 degree free-form ultimate aiming experience

Want more?

Conan in Death Master Camp Unchained

Dress Conan in the finest of armors as seen in Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures. We know how much you love our outdated textures so we just copied the look.

For only 5,99$ you can blitz through the waves of Death Masters and start at wave 10. We know you want the high score among your friends on our leaderboard.

Not only that. Buy extra tries for only 1,99$ since you only get to die two times a day. But fear not as we do sell packs of 10 lives for only 10,99$!!!!!!!

But seriously. Age of Conan 2.
    I don't trust you Rookni ,Zeus still waits to become water-park manager !

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    I don't trust you Rookni ,Zeus still waits to become water-park manager !
    Zeus lost his job due to making drama over having to be manager of the Crazy Greek Economic Slide. A free-fall drop ending in a german inspired landing zone! He said he didn't want to werk his way to top so I had to let him go.
    HERRO REGENG IS RETURN

Calling funcom in oslo never seems to work. Might be worth trying to email Erling with your questions, he is VP of marketing/public relations. He could proably shed some light onto what types of games are coming out.

erling@funcom.com
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

I, for one, am very happy about the news. And if this means we'll have some more Knut Avenstroup Haugen music, I'll be even happier.

Quote Originally Posted by AoCWaldgeist View Post
    My secret wish is for a The Witcher styled RPG series with Conan as the lead character. The world, the story telling, the character everything lends itself so perfectly to a similar format. Oh well... a man can dream *sigh*

Yes, please. Now that you mention it, nudity and gore that both Age of Conan and The Witcher have is a must for a new game too!
    Without NC-17, a game will become something like Bejewelled-2.

And yes, I loved playing Blade of Darkness; but the female and dwarf characters felt unfinished (I cannot remember them).
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    Also very curious to see how good these games will look visually speaking. Although AOC is still very nice looking, it's obvious that some textures are very old and low-res, and if these games look just like AOC they will seem dated compared to The Park.
    But despite the textures being very old and low-res, AoC is still the best MMORPG around on so many levels, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlya View Post
    But despite the textures being very old and low-res, AoC is still the best MMORPG around on so many levels, imo.
    I wouldn't call AOC low res compared to the other MMO's out there.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

this only makes me cry! seriously.

FC has shown the last years that they have little to marginal skills in very crucial segments of successfully running aoc. aoc is currently on life support! hello, anybody home??
    they delivered a half done game in 2008 with lots and lots still to be finished or fixed. the current events show no big improvement here. lots of promises and big words but whats been delivered isnt half as much more often than not. aoc has run downhill ever since FC shifted their major resources from aoc to tsw. aoc 2 will only be another of these projects and will receive as little love as original aoc as soon as the next project is on the schedule.
    history will repeat itself and it will do so with a company whose decision makers are not exactly quick learners from their mistakes.

some thoughts about aoc:
    - bugfixing: terribad
    - delivering bugfree content: you can only pray
    - patching game without breaking something else in game: hardly ever
    - delivering promised/advertised content on time: "time is relative" for FC very
    - delivering consistent quality of game content: look at 2008 content quality and look at vanaheim then judge by yourself
    - evolution of item stats: gives me headache
    - advertising game: little to none
    - maintaining somewhat consistent media presence on gamer sites: the big nothing
    - communication and/or active working with community: would be nice

and the list could go on. as much as I love this game I must say that I am 100% sure that FC is the wrong company to run it.
    some may say the alternatives are not much better and only different in some aspects but at this point I would rather see Conan in the hands of a company that has a big cash cow for in game shop (yes even bigger one than now) if that means we get regular content updates and the quality of content doesnt decrease as much as with FC.
    Last edited by TribunLeader; 21st December 2015 at 20:06.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast