Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: More bold adventurers needed!

**edited
    So that this doesn't hurt anyone's feelings.

Last edited by Mustaine; 17th December 2015 at 00:54.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    Then why ask anyone to come from CRoM (who is likely looked at as the "casual") and go over to FURY and/or RAGE and hang with "above avg" players who will gank them?

This whole thread is nonsense
    Dude, this thread wasn't negative or divisive until you showed up. I've noticed that about your posts, btw. My posts tend to be about the group, while yours are in-group/out-group. Transcend that mentality, bro. The post admitted that pvp players had dug their own grave, so to speak. It was asking--ASKING--for bold adventurers who'd wanna roll on fury or rage and try to have fun...not grousing adventurers. It was a thank you to the dude who came over from Crom to try some pvp that wasn't ON HIS TERMS. Stay on Crom, gloat, what do I care. You don't have to project your issues on the thread tho. Keep it positive

Quote Originally Posted by radamanthuz View Post
    He caught me twice on way back, meaning i didn't had the package with me then! Maybe for bounty and definitively for kill numbers, but that's not the point. If the guy had asked, he could kill me has many times he wanted while i was at home preparing to go to work, dressing and eating breakfast. I would move the toon to lose shield and he could had 15 kills in a row, free of charge. it's choice however was to pester, simply because he could. Anyway, this has become a bit off topic so i will say no more, but don't tell me that a bit of courtesy is too much to ask.
    Sorry man, it happens and it sucks. If this ends up being the exception, then water under the bridge. If it ends up being the rule, then pm me and I'll come help you out and keep that wanker off your back.
    Last edited by Anzu; 15th December 2015 at 17:13.
    "Does it always smell like this?"

**edited
    So that this doesn't hurt anyone's feelings.

Last edited by Mustaine; 17th December 2015 at 00:54.

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Kelnin View Post
    Sorry man, it happens and it sucks. If this ends up being the exception, then water under the bridge. If it ends up being the rule, then pm me and I'll come help you out and keep that wanker off your back.
    Thanks Kelnin but only if i find him, or others like him, every morning, weekdays

Has i said, i am all about sport, and anyone who's playing at a giving time, "is playing"! That's the rule! But a player can use chat and ask not be bored for that moment, cuz is doing something specific. I don't see this has game-breaking, or better yet, pvp server-breaking rules. Comprehension and courtesy shouldn't be absent just because it's a pvp server. It's hard enough to lvl a character there (my primary goal) without groups to run dungeons and such (i try constantly on chat, do sanctum, do cistern, do catacoms... silence) . The pvp fest quests, for me at least, have been far more rewarding and enjoyable in that goal so i'll keep on fury for now!

Sorry you took it that way. It certainly wasn't meant to be "negative" as you put it. It was just meant to start some dialog and give some truths to those unwitting players who look at the beginning post through Rose-Tinted-Glasses. I was sharing my experiences in the PvP world of AoC.

Maybe, next time, mention that you were thanking one particular player. It's all good man. Im in a good place spiritually, professionally, etc ~ thanx for the Karma thing. Appreciate it.

If you'd like to further discuss my "negative" posts; feel free to PM me. Evidently, you have an issue with some of my other posts.

I will stop notifications and tweets about streamers starting. I will stop advocating subscription offers where I said I would pay a life-time sub for [2] accounts JUST to support AoC, etc ...
    They must come off negative somehow. My apologies.

PEACE.
    Yay, more sarcasm.

Mustaine, buddy, no one would ever impugn your mighty contributions to the forums. I henceforth defer to your superior experience and insight. Please continue to breathe life into this and manifold other threads like the veritable demiurge you are.

I made a new pom, PvP 3 so far and already a 2:1 win ratio, 3:1 kd, and already known as a good pom. It's possible to reroll, but why should people have to. I agree with usedtissue, it took me 3 years to hit PvP 10, and I am a much better player for doing so. As for going back to fury...no thanks. There is absolutely nothing to do during US hours. It's better at EU hours, but only during the event week. I gave fury two chances, I'm not wasting money on a third.

Btw, you missed the real PvP server by about 5 years, it was called Tyranny.
    Last edited by Suctum; 16th December 2015 at 15:20.
    Doomsayer 2008

**edited so that it doesn't hurt anyone's feelings. Hope this finds you all well.

As an aside; Mr. Kelnin was just trying to say "thank you" to the player who chose to come to Fury. Though it took a few posts to finally get to the point; I applaud his/her effort. I for one, think that more "adventurers" would benefit from coming to OR staying on Crom. If they want to PvP - it can be on their terms. There's just not enough interest in AoC for open-world PvP. My $.02
    Last edited by Mustaine; 16th December 2015 at 22:19.

**edited so that it doesn't hurt anyone's feelings. Hope this finds you all well.

As an aside; Mr. Kelnin was just trying to say "thank you" to the player who chose to come to Fury. Though it took a few posts to finally get to the point; I applaud his/her effort. I for one, think that more "adventurers" would benefit from coming to OR staying on Crom. If they want to PvP - it can be on their terms. There's just not enough interest in AoC for open-world PvP. My $.02
    Thankfully, you don't get the last word in a public forum with your ipse dixit pronouncements. This is and will continue to be an invitation to those on Crom who have thought about trying pvp on Fury or Rage. I know open-ended, non-binary, non-reductive thought can be troublesome to the uninitiated, but it is what it is. Why **** on an invitation, man? What is so threatening to you about some people trying Fury and having fun? Do you even need virtual strangers to validate your choices?! Do some yoga or tai chi, bro.

Lemme guess: more devil's advocate pvp forum baiting? Slackjoint and others went around with you not too long ago. We get it, message received: you don't like Fury or Rage. It's cool man. Some people might. An invitation is a positive and constructive offer, not the threat you take it as.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    I made a new pom, PvP 3 so far and already a 2:1 win ratio, 3:1 kd, and already known as a good pom. It's possible to reroll, but why should people have to. I agree with usedtissue, it took me 3 years to hit PvP 10, and I am a much better player for doing so. As for going back to fury...no thanks. There is absolutely nothing to do during US hours. It's better at EU hours, but only during the event week. I gave fury two chances, I'm not wasting money on a third.

Btw, you missed the real PvP server by about 5 years, it was called Tyranny.
    Not to be a dick or somthing but, Fury isnt as it used to bee, i dont know annything about tyranny,but the quality of Fury now compared to back in the day shouldnt even get mentioned..
    Crom:
    Kraamz dt pvp10
    Kramzor hox pvp10
    Quickdash guard pvp7
    Kramzz bs pvp5

Fury:
    Pressostate conq pvp5
    ++++

AFK into the unknown =/

Quote Originally Posted by Willd View Post
    Not to be a dick or somthing but, Fury isnt as it used to bee, i dont know annything about tyranny,but the quality of Fury now compared to back in the day shouldnt even get mentioned..
    The quality has to be mentioned because the whole thread is about attracting people to an almost inactive server. You had your experience on fury, I had mine on tyranny, but the PvP server is called fury now. It's certainly dead US times, and very little activity on EU times except a few hours every other day and the event week. That's the truth, no bias.

The quality difference from then to now is important because unless your truly dedicated to playing at very off hours to make the most of fury's limited population, there is very little reason to spend money or waste time making a new alt there. The majority if the PvP population is on crom, that's another unbiased fact and truth. Why split the population further by advertising for fury, which is nearly a destitute server.
    Last edited by Suctum; 17th December 2015 at 14:29.
    Doomsayer 2008

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast