Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New AoC game video. 90K views in 10 days

Default New AoC game video. 90K views in 10 days

Wow... last time this amount of views of an AoC video on youtube was at launch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjIT6abd74I

bah, same trash as always. Tortage slacking and boobs jokes.
    Retired

That guy is such an obnoxious twat. Been going around shitting on every older MMO after barely finishing starter areas. Most hilarious is that he bashes them for being old and clunky, while he still plays wow.

Watched this a few days ago... and yea, I agree the guy sounds annoying, but I guess the points he raises are somewhat valid as first impressions for a majority of people.

In any case, any AoC video is a good thing for the game
    Kaleeh PoM - Resolved Guard - Reducia Sin

This guy spends 4 hours in Tortage, plays a sin, doesn't realize how to use combos until he is 3 hours into the game, and complains he can't kill more than one mob. This is what games like WoW have done to common sense and people that play these kinds of games. This guy shouldn't review anything, he should go back to WoW and macro more of his clicks. I absolutely know this guy is trash in any game he plays, you can tell by how he moves.
    Doomsayer 2008

It's always nice to see videos about AoC from new people, it shows that there are still people starting this game and these videos may get more people into playing AoC.

However, this guy is really damn awful at playing... really, I mean even one of my friends was 100 times better and got the mechanics of the game much faster but was never really playing PC games at all... and this guy is a MMO veteran player?
    I mean, the combo system is somewhat special for MMOs... but not knowing how to use them until like 3 hours in game? Yeah... it takes quiet some IQ to figure out for what the little pictures in your hotbar are... and if you press them another picture pops up on you screen where an arrow is... and oh wonder! There are the same arrows in your hotbar from level 1 on!
    If this is even too much for players nowdays, then I can't understand how Mortal Combat X with all its combinations (that you have to learn and do without any guidance) is even played by any modern player Probably just pressing the buttons for standard attacks...

Lol that guy , he hadnt even figured how to jump and called it "Invisible Barrier"
    Isnt jumping in WoW also on spacebutton ?
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Well to be fair he put about the same amount of time into other old MMOs like LotRO. Whether "first impressions" really are that meaningful for games which have been around for a time is a different question.

But his impressions may be valuable inasmuch as they concern the little annoyances which new FTP players have to deal with, like the low inventory space limit. Hopefully this is an issue which FC will look into when redesigning the FTP system (in addition to the FTP issues at level 80, like insufficient access to content, and unavailability of AA).
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Also what I remembered: He was saying that questing in this game is hard / not well explained. I can't actually believe that people can't figure out the easiest quests on tortage, sure, there are some of them where you are like "What am I supposed to do here?" for the first time but really... there are insanely long quest texts, markers on the map and an explanation of what you have to get / do / kill.

When I started playing PC games (espeically RPGs like Gothic 1 and so on) there were no questmarkers, sometimes not even a small arrow on the map that showed your location... sometimes the quests even had puzzles and I still managed to do them at an age of like 9 or so.
    Last edited by xCodename; 8th February 2016 at 19:23.

bah, it's just one of those youtubers feeding brainless kids in exchange of subs and clicks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast