Thread: Environment and Character Brightness

Default Environment and Character Brightness

Good evenning, I formerly played AoC for 2 years almost and after 5 month break I came back and when I relogged everything was so bright my item looks, my character, environment... I did everything to fix it but simply nothing worked... Is there anyone had same issue? How can I fix it ?

Wat do you mean, "bright"? WOuld you have a screenshot so that we can see what kind of effect you're talking about?
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
    Wat do you mean, "bright"? WOuld you have a screenshot so that we can see what kind of effect you're talking about?
    Ofcourse please look.

http://i68.tinypic.com/24yb67q.jpg Click F5 if you cant see at first

Ho, ok thanks. What kind of hardware do you play on? Also, have you tried to tweak the lightings settings or the general graphical settings a bit?
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Yes I tried well I dont think is about hardware I mean I have been playing this game same computer nothing changed except I upgrade my pc to windows 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    Yes I tried well I dont think is about hardware I mean I have been playing this game same computer nothing changed except I upgrade my pc to windows 10.
    I would start by setting the overall quality to low. Then play around with the Brightness, Contrast and Gamma.

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    Good evenning, I formerly played AoC for 2 years almost and after 5 month break I came back and when I relogged everything was so bright my item looks, my character, environment... I did everything to fix it but simply nothing worked... Is there anyone had same issue? How can I fix it ?
    Did you try to patch the game again by using the repair option in the patcher? That could fix the issue since this looks like your game is messing up the lighting ingame because there are some files damaged / missing.

I am not an expert with that but: with chat commands you can change the games appereance too (for example using the godray command to make them brighter / stronger or weaker or many other commands, some PvPers set their game so low that the map itself looks like it has almost no textures / forms but the characters are in high quality). It could be that the game somehow messed around with those so if the patcher repair tool does not help you could try and delete this Prefs folder (in %appdata% --> Local --> Funcom --> Conan --> "Your Accountname"-folder). But that will delete all you waypoints / HUD Settings / Chat settings so be careful with that since I can't promise that it would help (do a backup of that Prefs folder before deleting it).