Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Monthly develpment update

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    I don't understand why you're afraid of pools. What's wrong, that takes account of the opinion of the majority? Especially if they are people who are not indifferent to the game.

For example, I believe there is a need for more power progression in PvP:
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...l-groups/page6

But if most players are against it, I'm willing to concede. We live in a democratic society and it is normal that the majority opinion prevail over individual.
    And here is the typical response from someone who casually enjoys some of the content but has an opinion on how it should be from their "casual" experience. So in other words, lets not ask Michael Jordan on what changes need to be made to basketball, lets go to some middle school and ask some random 13 year old in gym class what changes they would make.

It's utterly ridiculous that developers would design around this, listen to maybe, but implement...no.
    Doomsayer 2008

Here a little fun fact about populations :
    Anyone remember Runescape ?
    That crappy old MMORPG from 2001.

The most popular streamer of that game on twitch , a 62yr old man with a crown on his head, always has something between 1000-5000 viewers .
    For that game you can search for a player chart , which is being actualized every 5 minutes, and its always around 80k
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    And here is the typical response from someone who casually enjoys some of the content but has an opinion on how it should be from their "casual" experience.
    He plays the game. You can't say someone's opinion has no value because he doesn't play like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post
    He plays the game. You can't say someone's opinion has no value because he doesn't play like you.
    That wasn't the point. What he meant is feedback from qualified players is more valuable than from casuals that are not very experienced with the game.

This is why when you are designing T6 raid you listen (hopefully) to established raiders and not to people who are yet to hit lvl 80.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    So in other words, lets not ask Michael Jordan on what changes need to be made to basketball, lets go to some middle school and ask some random 13 year old in gym class what changes they would make.

It's utterly ridiculous ...
    Terrible analogy; it's a video game my man. What's ridiculous; the elitist mentality in the forums AND in-game. You want the game to be "Age of Veterans" ~ not a good business move.

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    That wasn't the point. What he meant is feedback from qualified players is more valuable than from casuals that are not very experienced with the game.

This is why when you are designing T6 raid you listen (hopefully) to established raiders and not to people who are yet to hit lvl 80.
    "Qualified"? .... What does THAT mean? Because someone plays more casual than someone else doesn't mean they should have less value. I know plenty of players who have played since launch, hours each and every day, and I know more than they do.

Saying an MMO raid instance should only take input from "established" players is what puts a game in a niche category ... AND good luck with that; you and the hundred or so people who would still play.

Simply a ridiculous statement.
    Last edited by Mustaine; 17th January 2016 at 18:29.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    Terrible analogy; it's a video game my man. What's ridiculous; the elitist mentality in the forums AND in-game. You want the game to be "Age of Veterans" ~ not a good business move.

"Qualified"? .... What does THAT mean? Because someone plays more casual than someone else doesn't mean they should have less value. I know plenty of players who have played since launch, hours each and every day, and I know more than they do.

Saying an MMO raid instance should only take input from "established" players is what puts a game in a niche category ... AND good luck with that; you and the hundred or so people who would still play.

Simply a ridiculous statement.
    In case you didn't notice since Bylos took over AOC devs took direct feedback from the players on TL forums and implemented it. Its how pvp gear/T5/T6/Unchained got done. So what you are calling "ridiculous" has been practiced for years now. Devs adjusted the numers/mechanics based on the feedback from "established" players. Apparently beating encounter on TL makes you established and devs will read your feedback. Yep, its just that easy.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    In case you didn't notice since Bylos took over AOC devs took direct feedback from the players on TL forums and implemented it. Its how pvp gear/T5/T6/Unchained got done. So what you are calling "ridiculous" has been practiced for years now. Devs adjusted the numers/mechanics based on the feedback from "established" players. Apparently beating encounter on TL makes you established and devs will read your feedback. Yep, its just that easy.
    Not discounting what has been practiced; please reread what I wrote. I'll make it simple ~ saying that only "qualified" people should be the ones who have a say ... It's plane wrong. Casual players should have some say and be heard in polls. They may be casual now, but previously hardcore ... Or maybe they're waiting for a feature that will, in-fact, push them to the "qualified" or "experienced" level.

I once cared and was very involved in the game. But RL & in-game behavior has put a brake on my playing. I still pay for 2-accounts ... Just like many others do. Our votes SHOULD count. One day ~ I may return on a more regular basis.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    Our votes SHOULD count.
    Well, hopefully they won't.

I rather have Devs listen to active raiders/feedback givers like Fass than you.
    Retired

And I'd rather have every player's opinion count. We all play the game, it doesn't matter how much or what content we prefer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

When it comes to (new) endgame content , like raids (t4+) it should be hardcore raiders voice that counts.
    It's a bad idea to give people a voice who pve only from farming their souls out at the Worldboss.

For other changes , like adding things to classes (new weapon types) or a pet system change . (I don't expect it to happen , just as example) it makes sense to ask the opinion of every player.

Same when it would come to a poll about a server merge , it wouldn't make any sense to ask those players who already raid t6 every week , for them it wouldn't change anything as they already have their needed players.
    But for others it might be a completely different game afterwards.
    In that case asking everyone would also make more sense

My opinion
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast