Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly develpment update

Ok, let's compare this system with simular system from Lord of the Rings Online:

1)In Lotro, you get +25% bonus tokens from any raid or instance in Instance Finder System. And it have CD. Not 1 week, just 20 or 30 minutes.
    2)In Lotro, you can choice between random instance/raid or choice specific instance/raid.
    3)And you can't start instance/raid until every member of raid choice his role (dd, tank, healer) and complete afk check.

Quote Originally Posted by lmagowz View Post
    Ok, let's compare this system with simular system from Lord of the Rings Online:

1)In Lotro, you get +25% bonus tokens from any raid or instance in Instance Finder System. And it have CD. Not 1 week, just 20 or 30 minutes.
    2)In Lotro, you can choice between random instance/raid or choice specific instance/raid.
    3)And you can't start instance/raid until every member of raid choice his role (dd, tank, healer) and complete afk check.
    Lotro theme park pve quality always was a bit superior in every aspect to aoc, more story driven, more immersion, more design options and originality, challenge is also there but if you are an elfobic or an old 40+ REH fan you will continue raiding T6 amongst the 100s raiders left doing end-game in aoc, niche of a niche.

What is the ETA on craft revamp and 6-man dungeons for those who dont enjoy dedicating their game time to grinding end-game raid instances in one of the few remaining veteran based egomaniac and usually hypocrite cookie cutter guilds once a week and still want to progress/have fun?

If only they took the use of illegal third party programs problem more seriously AoC wouldn't be in this state today...

Wait and see for arenas...

Quote Originally Posted by Battleaxe View Post
    +1

Nobody knows something about this FC work... so stop to cry ...

I'm waiting to see before all ...
    This is not true, because
    - we know how funcom worked in the past
    - there were posts (and already a bit of discussion and suggestions) about the dungeon finder on the forums
    - there were development update letters mentioning it

Again, if it is an update with additional content, it will be hard to complain except the usual "devs could have spent their time better on this or that, imo"...if it is not, just wait, see and cry for pain or joy when it is too late.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 2nd December 2015 at 09:21.

I've seen the TSW Dungeon/Raid finder. It allows you to sign up for random dungeons, or you can pick and choose those you want to sign up for in any combination. Raids aren't listed.

It currently gives no feedback as to how many people are also queued up and for what, or how long it takes on average to fill. They really need to show how many people are in each queue so you know what is likely to pop, and can decide if you would go to a less desirable instance just to get into a group instead of blindly signing up for a couple dungeons no one else is in.

I.E. You want Yak/Kyllikki, so you sign up for those 2, but there are 23 people waiting for vistrix if you would just move to that queue instead.

But from the sound of the dev letter, it will be an even more dumbed down version for AoC. You are forced into 1 and only 1 raid each week. No mention of how the dungeon side will work, if at all.

They also again sound like there will make "even easier" versions of all raids that will be included in the raid finder (I doubt all of them will be). It would also suck if the new easy T6 is only available once every x weeks.

These are the possible raids, no telling which will be included in the system, but if they just rotate, it will take a long time to see a specific raid again.
    Yak
    Kyllikki
    Vistrix
    W1
    W2
    W3
    T3 lower
    T3 upper
    T3.5
    T4 lower
    T4 upper
    T5
    T6

And then we come to loot.
    players completing encounters with this system will receive their loot on a personal basis, meaning each participant will have their rewards delivered directly to their inventory
    This sounds like they will do something simple like 'complete a boss and get a random loot chest for that boss'.
    Yak Box
    Kyllikki Box
    Gargoyle Master Box
    etc.

And to not be giving 1 gear piece to each of the 24 people, these random boxes will be filled with garbage like the WB boxes. You will get a couple potions, some Fungus, or other vanity consumables. Maybe even rarely a pet or social gear, and occasionally an actual piece of raid gear. And I just guarantee some of these items will be Bind on Pickup Can Only Have one, and you will get multiple of them, making some runs totally worthless.

Funcom, please prove me wrong
    Last edited by tapwater; 4th December 2015 at 20:34.

"You are forced into 1 and only 1 raid each week." is a pretty horrible deal. Why even bother at all with it..?

In the past, when I used to play WOW, I used the group finder, and would burn thru 10, 20 or more in a night. Tons of fun.

One raid a week... I do wonder how someone at a dev meeting was able to sell that as a convincing argument of brilliance.......

oh boy! More solo pvp content? Sign me up!
    Retired

Anything to bring the population together and actually involve all these new players is a good idea. Despite the veterans such as myself complaining about low population and lack of things to do, there is actually a recent surge of new players that this kind of format could benefit. Hopefully it does, and some of these new players go on to become subbed, regular players.

I think its more about doing something for the current population and players that may be rather than the players who are, because despite what they do vets stay with it-new players don't.

The pvp-pve thing is poop though, I can't excuse that one. Just bring back a premade que which doesn't take hours to coordinate, that's all we need.
    Doomsayer 2008

All I see in this monthly letter is:

WB 2.0 aka personal loot finder.
    Crappy solo PvE arena.

Where is 6 man and group content, nothing in 2 years? This is an mmo I play it to play with my friends and guildies not to solo anything, there are way better games for that out there.

Last unchaned stuff was good, make more of them, or anything that involves multiplayer experience.

Why not 6 man arena for example? All this solo **** is just a big waste of time...
    Last edited by Redd; 2nd December 2015 at 12:42.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Evil Elitist Veteran Wanker ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

-- Make AoC Great Again --

"There will not be gear requirements to utilize the Raid Finder!"
    This is only relevant for TSW where you have gear requirements and a "gatekeeper" you have to beat in a role (Tank/Heal/DPS)
    TSW has no levels if I remember well from Beta-access
    AoC does have levels! Does this mean there is no gear AND no level check? Can I go to T4 with a level 70 toon?
    Going to T1 with a level 70 toon is okay, this possible now. T2 and higher raids however requier you to be lvl 80 (Check the ingame maps)

"This system will select a single raid instance per week, and players who use the Raid Finder will be sent to that location. The Instance that the Raid Finder chooses will also rotate each week in order to keep things fresh."
    Does this mean that my "normal" Raid is locked for that week when I use the Raidfinder?

"Additionally, players completing encounters with this system will receive their loot on a personal basis, meaning each participant will have their rewards delivered directly to their inventory! Encounter difficulty and rewards will be scaled to accommodate this new level of accessibility"
    Is this a system comparable with the World Boss where player receives a "Cache" that can give out from Epic Armor/Weapons/Accesories down to "social" items like blue body paint agains cowardness?
    For me personally: Loose the "low" social items, replace them with 10 Obsidian Eggs, Raw Jade or small/large intestines, atleast these I can turn into cold, hard cash. (A higer droprate on pets would be nice to .... IF the new PVE arena is coming SOON)
    Xiuhcoatl, Xipil, Udiya, Zhoerong lvl 80 HoXes .... multi-speccing?
    Gorgophone lvl 80 Barb, Kheiron lvl 80 PoM (Heal?), Uruloki lvl 80 Demo (Nub), Berenike lvl 80 Conq (retired.) All raised on Hyrkania RP-PVE (R.I.P.) server.

[undisclosed] lvl 80 HoX (!), Marbhaisgort lvl 80 Necro (fresh), Chahwuk (ToS)/Merav(Necro) lvl5x (for when I get to do Purist-achievements) Cromites.

Membership valid until 2018-03-16 20:02:55 Got tricked again 2015-12-14

Solo arena, solo pvp. Maybe one could turn all the AoC in a nightmode and never see any players ...

How about more emphasis would be put on doing things together, on playing with other, not random people ? Even those pvp festivals on Crom with supposed group events like Group Arena end up more solo rewarding, when specific class is being rewarded for amount of kills. The only decent event that focuses on teamwork is really a FoS.

So how about we skip solo crap and someone will just work on 6-mans, add more life to pvp events on Crom (yeah yeah, I know thats not PvP server, but thats the only server with good population). I'd personally like to see pvp event not once a month but ever weekend, so instead of 7 days in a row it would be 4 weekends every month. Full 7 day event may for for WB farmers but for the pvp groups it did not work for last few times.
    Also something could be done to the events there, I spend more time waiting for the events to start then actually participating in them. If someone spends hours there than maybe its possible to do all the quests, but if one comes after work and can dedicate 2-3 hours than chances of getting more than 2 FoS are none.
    Really, make it shorter but more intensive - 4 x 2 days and with more events. Weekends are a perfect time as most of the top guilds go for the raids during week, so weekends would bring more people. Even quests can be adapted, like instead of 7 day quest make it 30 day quests, so one can complete them any weekend he wishes to. And if he misses one, he will be able to do it other time. Now if you cant participate in an event (like many people are occupied with jobs) you miss all the rewards.

There are really so many simple things that require little effort to improve overall feeling, yet another ways of splitting the community are introduced. AoC is not single player game but mmo, solo content in form of Refugee of Apostate or Isle of Iron statues is cool but giving it priority over group instances, and particularly in form of solo arenas ...
    Last edited by Ingen175; 2nd December 2015 at 21:50.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast