Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly develpment update

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    We already knew all that, expect the fact the raid finder turns out to be very different than what we were told at first.

The way i see it, that tool is a raid/dungeon bait. It's basically telling the casuals and newbies "Just click on that button and see what raids in AoC looks like", with the hope that those players who don't know raiding will be all amazed and feel like it's the best experience ever, and will start trying to actively raid outside of that system.

It's also a way to create an event and some activity in game.

All in all, on the paper, it does not sound horrible to me. It might even turns out to be good for a part of the population.
    I'm really curious though about how it'll actually work. I mean, port 6 newbies in blue gear in coils, see how it goes ^^
    Most raids and dungeons are way too hard for the average newbie/casual who's got 0 clue about tactics.
    So, will all the encounters have a strawman version for that tool specifically ?

As for the solo arena and the pet system, i for one like it, but i really wonder what will be the incentive to do it. I'm pretty sure i'll use that content regardless of the reward, just because it'll be new and veterans have nothing else to do anyway, and nothing they do in game will reward them with better stuff than what they already have from T6.

Now, that solo arena will be both for PvPets and PvP, but will those 2 aspects be patched to live separately, or will it be all part of one batch ?

And do we have any timeline at all about the raid/dungeon finder ?
    The raid/dungeon finder is currently on TSW testlive, A dev there told me that they will port the system over to AOC after it is implemented into TSW. It just got patched there a few days ago so this is still Way off unfortuantly. My guess is summer 2016.

As for the solo arena and the pet system, i for one like it, but i really wonder what will be the incentive to do it. I'm pretty sure i'll use that content regardless of the reward, just because it'll be new and veterans have nothing else to do anyway, and nothing they do in game will reward them with better stuff than what they already have from T6.
    I know here are few people who have all the pets from the world boss. But for most players have not because they did not see any benefit from them. Get the pet of the WB is very boring, often need farm WB all week 24/7. So, NO, without proper reward they will not do it.
    Last edited by Ernests; 1st December 2015 at 09:42.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    I know here are few people who have all the pets from the world boss. But for most players have not because they did not see any benefit from them. Get the pet of the WB is very boring, often need farm WB all week 24/7. So, NO, without proper reward they will not do it.
    Only proper reward would be more pets and something in Achievements.
    This way you can get ALL the pets and don't need to farm WB 24/7
    And these pets should NOT be Bind On Pickup!!!
    This way there would be some trader activity atleast!
    Xiuhcoatl, Xipil, Udiya, Zhoerong lvl 80 HoXes .... multi-speccing?
    Gorgophone lvl 80 Barb, Kheiron lvl 80 PoM (Heal?), Uruloki lvl 80 Demo (Nub), Berenike lvl 80 Conq (retired.) All raised on Hyrkania RP-PVE (R.I.P.) server.

[undisclosed] lvl 80 HoX (!), Marbhaisgort lvl 80 Necro (fresh), Chahwuk (ToS)/Merav(Necro) lvl5x (for when I get to do Purist-achievements) Cromites.

Membership valid until 2018-03-16 20:02:55 Got tricked again 2015-12-14

Quote Originally Posted by HaremBunny View Post
    Only proper reward would be more pets and something in Achievements.
    I wish you good luck with it

Why talk about the pets from WBs specifically ?
    There are only 12 WB pets, and grinding them is a pain in the ass, so i for sure hope that system will not be limited to those pets.

But since the letter mentions pets as well as companions, my guess is that the entire roster of pets and companions will be used, which means 200-300 possible encounters.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

Quote Originally Posted by Melekaiah View Post
    A raid finder that just auto puts you in a different raidt hat you dont choose with cut down rewards? that just reeks minute effort put into it.
    That is not what we are asking for, it really is not. I was really excited when i first head about the raid dungeon finder, thinking, finally, a way you can cue up to both groups and raids you wanan do, without relying on global. thats whats needed.
    im not really sure what this thing is.
    I have the odd feeling that they went for the 1 raid per week option due to current population levels. This system avoids splitting the queue, which should lead to raids forming more regularly.

That said, I don't really see that much benefit over joining a PUG from global.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Why talk about the pets from WBs specifically ?
    There are only 12 WB pets, and grinding them is a pain in the ass, so i for sure hope that system will not be limited to those pets.

But since the letter mentions pets as well as companions, my guess is that the entire roster of pets and companions will be used, which means 200-300 possible encounters.
    I realy doubt in the arena will be able to fight against mouses, frogs, little piggy, sparrows and puppies))

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Here is the translation of the newsletter:
    You will fight resized existing monsters with Pokemons to get rewards. If your friend comes, you will get PVP levels and gear.
    My opinion in order to prevent exploits in the PVP arena, may it is possible to use the check-in system (same as joining a minigame)?
    Last edited by Ernests; 1st December 2015 at 11:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye-67 View Post
    Valar Morgulis!

God damn it people!

The thing isn't even live yet and already you tear it apart!?

As a matter of fact, nobody 'xept FC knows how that thing is going to work exactly,
    so for fairness sake wait till it's implented. There will be plenty of time to shred that
    D-Finder into pieces - if need be - with your razorlike criticism once it has gone live,
    ain't it?

Imho FC is trying hard of late, so just give 'em a chance and at least try to be fair,
    that's all i'm calling for!

Tc
    Hawk
    +1

Nobody knows something about this FC work... so stop to cry ...

I'm waiting to see before all ...
    FURY

Quote Originally Posted by Battleaxe View Post
    +1

Nobody knows something about this FC work... so stop to cry ...

I'm waiting to see before all ...
    +1 lets all be glad that we get updates at all☺
    Crom:
    Kraamz dt pvp10
    Kramzor hox pvp10
    Quickdash guard pvp7
    Kramzz bs pvp5

Fury:
    Pressostate conq pvp5
    ++++

AFK into the unknown =/

Regrettably if you play this game from releases date since 2008, you can accurately predict each next step of the developers.
    The question is whether it is worth spending your time to warn them about the mistakes while they are not made again...

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast