Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Monthly develpment update

From the outset should define what we mean by "new content"?
    On the other hand, there is many old existing content which is not necessary for anybody. I doubt that there are a lot of players that are explored in detail all the locations and to fulfil all the quests (not only those which are necessary for achievements). Also, there are old world dungeons, where many players had never been and doesn't want cause loot is crap. Let's see if for example to Shadow of Vanaheim expansion. Many players needed it? I mean cases when content as if exists, but the interest is low. From my point of view such cases in game are too much. We need to answer the question of why part of the old content is unnecessary in order to avoid a new unneeded content.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Just look at world map. Locations cover around 10-12% of Hyboria. While all other mmo have more locations, more instances, more raids, more action. Funcom fail twice - they fail in creating new content in last years, and they fail in motivating people. Loot sucks, quests sucks, and achivement system works very cheap and poorly, because people need farm everything again and again just because Funcom can't count their past achivements. Out of every 100 newbies in the game only 20% of them reach level cap and only 10% of them play after year

Quote Originally Posted by lmagowz View Post
    Just look at world map. Locations cover around 10-12% of Hyboria. While all other mmo have more locations, more instances, more raids, more action. Funcom fail twice - they fail in creating new content in last years, and they fail in motivating people. Loot sucks, quests sucks, and achivement system works very cheap and poorly, because people need farm everything again and again just because Funcom can't count their past achivements. Out of every 100 newbies in the game only 20% of them reach level cap and only 10% of them play after year
    Please provide the source for this data.

Speaking about the achievement system, it should be noted, it's huge contribution to the game. But the failure is that rewards are absolutely crap and uninspiring. I know many prejudices against me, because I was speaking always about reward. However really many other players have asked for a review of the rewards. Unfortunately, all these requests have been so far ignored from developers side.
    ..achivement system works very cheap and poorly, because people need farm everything again and again just because Funcom can't count their past achivements.
    The existing rewards shoud be sufficient if all the previous achievements to be taken into account. However, if you have many steps must be repeated several times (for example Master timers), you honestly need some sweet carrot in front of nose.
    Last edited by Ernests; 21st January 2016 at 08:33.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    Speaking about the achievement system, it should be noted, it's huge contribution to the game. But the failure is that rewards are absolutely crap and uninspiring. I know many prejudices against me, because I was speaking always about reward. However really many other players have asked for a review of the rewards. Unfortunately, all these requests have been so far ignored from developers side.
    I would not pinpoint it at power rewards only, achievements are great, when they reflect the players actions in the gameworld. So rewards do not have to be physical only, the titles were a good addition for example. I personally do not like the runestones that much, because they take up inventory space and give sometimes inbalanced abilities (compared to vanilla aoc). Were they an ability like paths (of which you can also only have one on cooldown per type), this might be different and i would like to this more runestones, but as items i avoid them (not appealing to the collector in me at all!).
    Pets are also not a bad reward able to reflect player actions, but they lack purpose in the game itself apart from "decoration" or most likely annoyance to other players (sound and lag). Why not make most pets "combat" pets, at least in a way that you could let pets fight each other or they do not disappear in combat? (if they are annoying, they could be killable or desummonable by other players)

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post

The existing rewards shoud be sufficient if all the previous achievements to be taken into account.
    True indeed! My damn Dt was born in 08 and its been trough all the pve until 2013. Now days i only do pvp with it, still only have 3500 achievement points =/ i think thats sad😯
    Crom:
    Kraamz dt pvp10
    Kramzor hox pvp10
    Quickdash guard pvp7
    Kramzz bs pvp5

Fury:
    Pressostate conq pvp5
    ++++

AFK into the unknown =/

Achievements were supposed not to reward too much the highest levels because FC did not want the system to be elitist.
    Unfortunately, the fact that most of the achievements give only a title is very underwhelming.

I was hoping for specific outfits rewards, like in TSW, and indeed pets, if not power gear. I was also hoping we would see new potions like the karma curio and gadgets added in AoC.
    For those who don't know TSW, gadgets are items you can use to trigger a temporary buff, like extra hit, crit, pen, etc, the effect can be anything really, and you use those gagdets whenever you like. They have a cd so you can't spamm them.

Anyway, the addition of the titles tied to achievements was nice, but not enough to motivate people, which is why the vast majority of the playerbase don't bother with it and why the achievement system is of no use, people barely pay attention to it at all.

I'm still happy it's here, but regret it is so underused.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    Achievements were supposed not to reward too much the highest levels because FC did not want the system to be elitist.
    Unfortunately, the fact that most of the achievements give only a title is very underwhelming.

I was hoping for specific outfits rewards, like in TSW, and indeed pets, if not power gear. I was also hoping we would see new potions like the karma curio and gadgets added in AoC.
    For those who don't know TSW, gadgets are items you can use to trigger a temporary buff, like extra hit, crit, pen, etc, the effect can be anything really, and you use those gagdets whenever you like. They have a cd so you can't spamm them.

Anyway, the addition of the titles tied to achievements was nice, but not enough to motivate people, which is why the vast majority of the playerbase don't bother with it and why the achievement system is of no use, people barely pay attention to it at all.

I'm still happy it's here, but regret it is so underused.
    There is also the point that, once you have a title that fits the character, you do not need another title in most cases...
    Clothing would have been nice, yes (or access to a pirate vendor once you get "buccaneer" title or hunter vendors etc.).
    I think they wanted the runes to act like the gadgets...but as long as they take up space they will never do for me or will be as popular in general.
    They still included most rewards in grind intensive or elitist achievements, but overall you should keep in mind, that achievements are not content that is designed to be "finished" (unlike in a flash game for example). Some achievements could even be mutual exclusive (like certain factions).

I hope Funcom divide pets, mounts and teleports into different pages, because characters with huge amount of achivements have huge amount on skills in this page.

I hope Funcom divide pets, mounts and teleports into different pages, because characters with huge amount of achivements have huge amount on skills in this page.
    Oh yes. This has been needed for a very long time. My list is gigantic, and doesn't seem to have any logical sense to sorting order other than mounts first.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast