Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Monthly develpment update

I hope them pools are first soaked in pools.

I rather have devs use their best jugment than use pools results.
    Retired

I don't understand why you're afraid of pools. What's wrong, that takes account of the opinion of the majority? Especially if they are people who are not indifferent to the game.

For example, I believe there is a need for more power progression in PvP:
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...l-groups/page6

But if most players are against it, I'm willing to concede. We live in a democratic society and it is normal that the majority opinion prevail over individual.
    Last edited by Ernests; 17th January 2016 at 09:41.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    I don't understand why you're afraid of pools. What's wrong, that takes account of the opinion of the majority? Especially if they are people who are not indifferent to the game.
    I am personally looking forward to a poll about the need for server merges! I think, and I'm not alone, that the reason we don't get any merge is that Funcom rather starve their server populations till they quit, than say bye bye to some transfer fees they get from doing so. I'll be impressed, if you'll make that poll.
    Last edited by Sifie; 17th January 2016 at 09:49.

For example, I believe there is a need for more power progression in PvP:
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...l-groups/page6

But if most players are against it, I'm willing to concede. We live in a democratic society and it is normal that the majority opinion prevail over individual.
    Because pools take into account the opinion of every player that participates.

Meet Greg. Greg is F2P lvl 28 necromancer that played the game for total of 300 minutes. Greg's opinion will be as valid as 7 years veteran who literally not only sampled but also mastered every aspect of the game.

Now imagine this: there are more Gregs out there than 7 years vets hence the pool is bound to be skewed by opinions which are not grounded in experience.

I prefer the Devs to set the development road map and those players that are really interested and dedicated enough will provide direct feedback on TL forums. Gregs won't, their paritcipation in game ends with few clicks to finish up the pool.

Democracy is a system of government, it is not applied to every aspect of our lives. The games, cars, clothes and so on are not developed or manufactured on democratic votes or pools. If the product is good the consumers "vote" with their wallets.
    Last edited by Slith; 17th January 2016 at 10:19.
    Retired

Default We need something new in pvp progression

We need something new in pvp progression... we need pvp T4 rank 11 to 15

The pb is new players and low lvl in pvp. It 's not good to have low pvp ranks vs high pvp ranks.
    This problem already exists !

Funcom has never solved this problem...

I think the solution is to make mini games by category:
    R0 to R4
    R5 to R10
    R11 to R15 in future

With more development work, we could also have categories recoveries :
    R0 to R5
    R5 to R10
    R10 to R15 in future
    = > also R5 and R10 have choice.
    FURY

Quote Originally Posted by Battleaxe View Post
    We need something new in pvp progression... we need pvp T4 rank 11 to 15

The pb is new players and low lvl in pvp. It 's not good to have low pvp ranks vs high pvp ranks.
    This problem already exists !

Funcom has never solved this problem...

I think the solution is to make mini games by category:
    R0 to R4
    R5 to R10
    R11 to R15 in future

With more development work, we could also have categories recoveries :
    R0 to R5
    R5 to R10
    R10 to R15 in future
    = > also R5 and R10 have choice.
    You do understant that if they split minigames que there wont be any minis poping at all due to population and that only imbalance in minis is full AA tree compared to almost empty AA tree?
    PvP t1 gear is fully competent against t3 gear.

You make so much sense by asking these,even if the population could support that split it would be funny what excuse for more spliting some will come up when they will face full aa toons with t4 gear that are not even lvl 5.

As its being told countless of times the only problem in minigames is the totally pug abomination system and of course the ppl with "special abilities".
    IVORY TOWER

Fury, for the first time ever, has pop issues when it comes to minigames. Its hard to get mini going at prime time. I don't recall the time when it was this bad.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    Fury, for the first time ever, has pop issues when it comes to minigames. Its hard to get mini going at prime time. I don't recall the time when it was this bad.
    Right after the last frees server transfer when there were 30-40 people at prime time.
    Now it is around 50 if im not wrong (not really playing aoc anymore , especially since the removal paysafe, which effectively prevents me from moving good toons back to fury for pvp)
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post
    Right after the last frees server transfer when there were 30-40 people at prime time.
    Now it is around 50 if im not wrong (not really playing aoc anymore , especially since the removal paysafe, which effectively prevents me from moving good toons back to fury for pvp)
    hm... free server transfers I think predates merger of pvp servers so I wouldn't know.
    Retired

Default The most intense game=)

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    I rly can understand why people transfeers to crom. Ive wondered if i should do the same sooo many times, i love Minigames i rly do, its one of the most enjoyed things in aoc for me. Thing is, if i move ive lost. I need to stay cus i like to be able to do open world aswell! I rly hope we will get some new content that will make people stay in the game and that will make old players come back. A weat dream for me is to see Aoc in Esport tv like lol,cs and the rest. Aoc is one of the most intense games there is. I think marketing is tooo bad in this game=/ and that this is one of the main problems=/ i often read that newcommers come here from other games and are very positive to the game! I just cant unferstand that a insanely fun game like this can run on fumes as it does today.... its BS that its in the current state.. i find myself wanting to play aoc before anny other game, ive tried but no. NOTHING is as challenging nor intense as this, this is a game for the people that enjoys a challenge in a game! U need to use all the skills u have , multitasking from movement to reaching with your weapon, tacticks reflexes and ofc teamwork ! BEST damn game EVER!
    Crom:
    Kraamz dt pvp10
    Kramzor hox pvp10
    Quickdash guard pvp7
    Kramzz bs pvp5

Fury:
    Pressostate conq pvp5
    ++++

AFK into the unknown =/

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast